Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 501
Page 501 of 2340 FirstFirst ... 40145149149749849950050150250350450551155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 23398
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alisa1970 View Post
    Lox, that sucks!! Sorry for you man...get a few NJoy kings and some cheapees....maybe that will help.

I'm half tempted to go buy lozenges or a patch and vape that no nic juice. Had another smoke today. Now my problem is that it grosses me out either way! That damn vanilla stuff is so gross, and it contaminates every juice I have, but it's the only way I can vape. Plus, when I do it that way, I don't think I'm getting enough nicotine. I think diluted, I'm at something like 6mg. and any more than that my mouth will start to burn again.

I'm starting to get depressed and I don't know if it's my lack of nic, if my depression is gonna be something I have to deal with if I don't want to or can't have nicotine, or if it's just because I'm in this situation.

I totally feel like just giving up and smoking until my naturopath can tell me what the hell's wrong with me. I feel like absolute shee-ahht and I just feel myself getting worse. F!!!!

The fact is, after I had that cigarette I could feel my energy level start to go up. I actually had some motivation at work. My throat and mouth didn't burn, and my nose hasn't closed up all day.
    Sounds like you have what I call "frustration depression." This is what I get sometimes when I feel like I am boxed in with no options. It hits me hard and fast and I feel hopeless and want to throw in the towel for a short while. It does not last a long time unless I feed it. If I give in to it and stop trying, it gets worse.

There are always options. Some better than others, some more effective than others. Some you already listed at the beginning of your post.

Read what you wrote again.

Maybe try a lozenge or a patch and vape 0 nic.
    Maybe smoke a few and vape.
    Maybe just smoke until you go back to the doctor.

There are more options like calling the doctor tomorrow and seeing if there is something she can do or give you allergy wise. She probably does not realize how serious this is to you because you "glossed over it" at your first visit. Let her know tomorrow.

Can you get a different 0 nic juice? Or something 6mg that you can mix with it to mask the nasties. Then it would only be 3mg. Maybe that won't bother you.

If you feel you need or have to smoke, then smoke. But if the smoking is going to give you the same result with an extra heaping of guilt and anger, try some of the others first. If the cigarette makes it all better than go for it. But still call you doctor tomorrow. I am sure she does not want you to suffer like this.

Hang in there Alisa. We are here to bounce things off of. Just reread your post and look at the options you already found, even if you don't like them or they are not the best.

We love you.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

{{{{{Alisa}}}}} I'm so sorry!! I hope your naturopath can get to the bottom of this effin mess for you. Are there any allergy meds you can take that don't give you med head? I hate Benadryl, but it's the only thing that works. . .

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I think a lot of us have our own different issues. I truly feel for you, Alisa, Dale, and Lori. I could not imagine the struggles you are going through just to vape and not smoke. And they are complicated problems with no easy path to an answer. That would drive me nuts. And a cigarette seems so easy to just pick it up and say F this. And still you all fight.

GtrSoloist. I think I am in the same boat as you. I am having flavor problems. In three weeks of vaping I have at least 50 different flavors from several vendors and only one I love and it tastes like poopy all day today. I just burned out an atty. I only got 3 days out of it. Maybe that is why my fave juice from heaven tastes like poopy. I hope so.

So we all have something. If we didn't we would not be here in this thread together. We would not still be affected by the shadow of cigarette use, recent or long past.

Quote Originally Posted by GtrSoloist View Post
    I feel for you Alisa and sorry you are having such difficulties. I have found a total of two juices I can vape on a regular basis that doesn't taste disgusting to me. I've tried at least a hundred juices... and I'm still looking for number 3. I'm amazed at how many vapers love a huge variety of juices.

Gratz on the contest Shari; on a related note I won a contest too. A square starter pack. Waiting to see what arrives to figure out what I'm going to do with it.
    Do you know what a square starter pack is, or will it be a surprise?

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    {{{{{Alisa}}}}} I'm so sorry!! I hope your naturopath can get to the bottom of this effin mess for you. Are there any allergy meds you can take that don't give you med head? I hate Benadryl, but it's the only thing that works. . .
    In the past, Maximum Strength Bendadryl Sinus (the kind with Sudafed in it) was the only thing that worked for me too, and helped keep the eczema away. I tend to get it on my face (my eczema comes in what's called "nummular form, looks like little round welts or patches. The first doc to see my first outbreak said it was ringworm, that's how it looks). I used to take it at night before bed so it didn't interfere with the stuff I do, and it worked like a dream. I only stopped taking it when my vitamins and supplements seemed to help my immune system and my allergies seemed to disappear.

They have come back raging now that I've quit smoking. Now if I want the Benadryl to work I have to take it like 2-3x a day, and I just can't do that. I walk around in a haze, and it also affects how I smell and taste things so that I don't really like my juice because it doesn't really have any flavor. If I take it only at night, I'm good until about 11AM then the symptoms come right back. The chemicals in smoking seem to deaden the pain and clear my sinuses...I don't know if my body just is used to having them there or what, but I feel better when I'm smoking. But I can't stand the smell, and the act of vaping gives me more psychological satisfaction now.

I might try Aikenae's suggestion and pick up some Zyrtec just to see how that does. I'm about at my wit's end. I so want to enjoy my vaping.

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Sounds like you have what I call "frustration depression." This is what I get sometimes when I feel like I am boxed in with no options. It hits me hard and fast and I feel hopeless and want to throw in the towel for a short while. It does not last a long time unless I feed it. If I give in to it and stop trying, it gets worse.

There are always options. Some better than others, some more effective than others. Some you already listed at the beginning of your post.

Read what you wrote again.

Maybe try a lozenge or a patch and vape 0 nic.
    Maybe smoke a few and vape.
    Maybe just smoke until you go back to the doctor.

There are more options like calling the doctor tomorrow and seeing if there is something she can do or give you allergy wise. She probably does not realize how serious this is to you because you "glossed over it" at your first visit. Let her know tomorrow.

Can you get a different 0 nic juice? Or something 6mg that you can mix with it to mask the nasties. Then it would only be 3mg. Maybe that won't bother you.

If you feel you need or have to smoke, then smoke. But if the smoking is going to give you the same result with an extra heaping of guilt and anger, try some of the others first. If the cigarette makes it all better than go for it. But still call you doctor tomorrow. I am sure she does not want you to suffer like this.

Hang in there Alisa. We are here to bounce things off of. Just reread your post and look at the options you already found, even if you don't like them or they are not the best.

We love you.
    Thank you so much. You have no idea how much your post helped. I really mean it.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious2again View Post
    So I'm new here. I found this thread for people who are still smoking some and have started vaping. Hi everyone! I've only smoked 1 analog today, 7 hours ago.
    Notorious! Only one cig is pretty darn good!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm vaping some juice that another DIY member sent me gratis, it's some kind of blueberry. No bueno. I don't like to eat blueberries, why did I think I'd like to vape them? Switching back to the RY4, although that has lost it's taste for me. . .there's always tomorrow!!

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Shari: I have to admit that I don't know what a square starter pack is, aside from the fact that it appears to be a disposable of some kind.

Hopefully the atty is the problem that's killing your juice, sometimes vapers tongue can be a blessing. Out of curiosity, what is your favorite flavor?

Hang in there Alisa! Remember, what doesn't kill us, only makes us whimper.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by beebopnjazz View Post
    We're all a little in here - and we like it that way

Ummm, I think it's more like ...

Quote Originally Posted by GtrSoloist View Post
    When I switched to vaping I went from 2 packs a day to 3-5 cigarettes a day. Still having a hard time cutting out those last few smokes.

@Aikanae1: Would you be kind enough to let me know what the length of your zmax mini is? I want to compare it to my Sigelei v3.
    GTR! Those "last few" have been my difficult time too!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    Hey everyone! Welcome new friends, stick around, vape on!

You know the rule "pedestrians have the right of way?" I was walking my very large ... across the parking lot with my 2 girls, obviously you can see us, none of us are twigs. A car was coming, I paused and looked at the driver, who then waved us across in front of her. Then she stopped the car in a parking space and screamed at us "That was REAL smart, you know!!" Older dd was like "mom, we totally walked in front of that car" and I was like "I can't be responsible for someone else's stupidity and lack of caffeine" and we kept walking in. How do you wave someone in front of you and then scream at them for walking in front of you? Hello, here's your sign. Older dd then thought she saw the same car in two other parking lots after that, she swears we have a stalker. I just hope she doesn't find out where we live and terrorize us!!

Got the little one a few things for school, got the older one another bookbag, and got them registered for school [that took HOURS] but I did not get the car or the lawn mower into their respective shops. How about tomorrow, I'm beat!!

Still not smoking, although I wanted to REAL bad during some of the lines I stood in today. 3:00 pm last Thursday was my last Newport. Vaping my brains out and taking deep breaths, counting to 100, and whining here too much is all that is saving me. I vaped in the high school, hope they don't give me detention!! We are now ready to eat dinner and have girl fun on the internet tonight, so I'll probably see y'all later.
    WTG on the still not smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenV View Post
    So glad I found this thread!! I was one of those who quit stinkies the day my first 510 kit arrived in the mail three years ago. I was active on the forum, participated in PIF, and won a couple of contests. An eGo from GreenHouse1 and later a Provape. Life was good. But then one day about 9 months later, PMS and work stress and equipment failure all ganged up on me and I bought a pack and sat in my car in the parking lot and chain smoked and cried. Oh the shame... After that I haven't been able to break away again. For a while I went back and forth between vaping and smoking to varying degrees. I stopped coming to the forum or would just lurk and not post. I always vape at work though because I can and don't have time to run outside all the time. But, still I'll grab a ciggie first thing in the morning or maybe when I get home after a stressful day. I've stopped beating myself up over it though and try to count the ones I don't smoke. Returning to the forum and discovering clearos and designer batteries renewed my interest in vaping. I've been coming around more lately and even made a few posts but this is the first time I've told this story. Thanks for listening.
    Queen! I'm glad you found us! And there is no shame here!

Quote Originally Posted by beebopnjazz View Post
    If she finds you - just let the little one have her for a few hours should take care of it quickly! j/k of course
    I LOVE that idea!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alisa1970 View Post
    Thanks Dale...why can't I be like other people who aren't having these issues? I know there are a lot of people on this thread who can relate, but damn! Everything's always so hard...
    I am feeling so bad for you! I know how friggin' miserable I was when I was having reactions and didn't know what it was to ... and mine was just intermittent. You have been putting up with some major misery, and I really admire the battle you're putting up -- you are stronger than you realize!