Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 51
Page 51 of 2340 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

So glad your getting better Dale

I'm smoking way too much lately between a nasty sinus infection and being overwhelmed at work I just don't seem to be able to vape enough to keep cravings at bay. I don't know about you guys but unless I can constantly chain vape I just don't get enough to kill cravings. I use 18 - 24mg too
    jessermay and daleron like this.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post

I'm smoking way too much lately between a nasty sinus infection and being overwhelmed at work I just don't seem to be able to vape enough to keep cravings at bay. I don't know about you guys but unless I can constantly chain vape I just don't get enough to kill cravings. I use 18 - 24mg too
    If this makes you feel any better I had 22 yesterday and yes I did vape a bit. Im sorry Lox. I turned vet 2 days ago and I didn't say a word. Im too embarrassed, yet I will post this here. go figure?!

ECF Guru & Lurker-Q Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post

Thank you Lox

You know it's weird, I always smoke more when I have a sinus infection Just don't seem to be able to get satisfied 18mg was the highest I ever bought, I don't think it's so much about the nicotine for me ... it's something else? Anywhoo, I sure hope things settle down for you!
    loxmythe and FL Lori like this.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by FL Lori View Post
    If this makes you feel any better I had 22 yesterday and yes I did vape a bit. Im sorry Lox. I turned vet 2 days ago and I didn't say a word. Im too embarrassed, yet I will post this here. go figure?!
    I'd feel better if we both had zero yesterday but hey I appreciate what your saying

Congrats on turning vet you may not have quit but you haven't given up trying - for an entire year you kept up the fight. That to me is nothing to be embaresed about
    mecocina, FL Lori and daleron like this.

ECF Veteran

I seem to be smoking more and more every day. I'm trying to vape as much as possible, but I simply can't find a juice flavor that makes me want to do it as much as I want to. I'm sick of the juices I have. They seem to be getting more and more tasteless every day, but not in a vapor's tongue kind of way.

I've tried mixing some flavors and they taste even worse. I've ordered more juice, but each order has been disappointing so far. I've had some steeping for 11 days now and it still tastes awful. I got some more today, but obviously it needs to steep as well.

At this rate I'll have smoked at least a pack and a half by tonight, maybe more.

I think I've had enough cheese with my 'whine'.
    Smoke free after 42 years of smoking more than 3 packs a day!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thayamax View Post
    I seem to be smoking more and more every day. I'm trying to vape as much as possible, but I simply can't find a juice flavor that makes me want to do it as much as I want to. I'm sick of the juices I have. They seem to be getting more and more tasteless every day, but not in a vapor's tongue kind of way.

I've tried mixing some flavors and they taste even worse. I've ordered more juice, but each order has been disappointing so far. I've had some steeping for 11 days now and it still tastes awful. I got some more today, but obviously it needs to steep as well.

At this rate I'll have smoked at least a pack and a half by tonight, maybe more.

Take all the cheese you need

ECF Guru & Lurker-Q Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well what are you vaping anyway? Is it all the same "type" stuff? Reason I ask is that my daughter just loved Coffee & I despised it! I was all fruits ... then my mouth got sore & I thought it was "acid" so I tried some other flavors & surprise! Some of the ones I love are carmel coffee blends I've even mixed belgian waffle with a caramel coffee macchioto 1/2 & 1/2 and it's just fantastic to me Yumm!
    You may have all ready tried venturing out of your "comfort zone" but if not... well, it's a thought
    Have some Wine with your Cheese Lori offered
    loxmythe, FL Lori and thayamax like this.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome Thayamax we may not have all the answers but we're good listeners
    So what sort of flavors have you tried? Are they all from the same vendor? Any you seem to like more than the others? Finding a decent juice is the hardest part of vaping. I get tired of stuff after a day or 2 and its frustrating
    FL Lori, thayamax and daleron like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Here's my thought on this, take it or leave it...

I noticed that the more I smoked, the more I wanted to smoke--it was like OK, I'll just have 1...then just 2...I got to the end of my pack after having 2 that day and said, screw it, I'll have 3 and that will be fine.

As I mentioned earlier, for me anyway, the more regularly I smoke (doesn't really matter how much, it's how regularly) the more I want to smoke more. So for instance if I smoke one every morning, I might after a while decide it's OK in the evening too. And then after a while mid-day's not too bad either. And so it goes. It's a habit that wants to re-assert itself.

So I know that I don't have the discipline to keep to just one or two. Yet. Maybe I never will. When I had the last one in the pack, I didn't freak out and I haven't gotten another one. I don't know how long this will last this time, but it's been a couple of days and I feel fine. Some cravings yeah, but nothing that isn't tolerable.

For me I have to DECIDE not to smoke, just like I DECIDE to smoke. It's just a little bit harder to decide not to. Once I've decided, it's not that bad but the anticipation of what it will feel like not to smoke is worse than the reality.

If that helps you a little bit then I'm glad it did--if not then you can tell me to pound sand.
    tizwas, FL Lori, thayamax and 1 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Oh, and about the flavors...

(can't seem to edit my post right)

I know that the flavors are the fun thing about vaping, and keeps it interesting but it's that whole novelty factor I mentioned the other day. How many here actually could taste their cigarettes? I know I didn't. And once I found the flavor I liked at the beginning, I never switched. So I smoked a pack a day of the same thing, day in-day out for 30 years. Talk about boring!

Why do we necessarily expect more from vaping? I'm getting kind of sick of the flavors as well, and I'm coming to the realization that at some point, I may not really taste what I'm vaping, or not like it as much because I'm used to it. It sort of sucks, but it isn't any different than when I smoked. I didn't say, "I'm bored of my cigarette flavor...". It just never occurred to me that I should.
    tizwas, FL Lori, thayamax and 1 others like this.