Page 2 of 398 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree24672Likes

Thread: Still smoking support and chat thread

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What about a Facebook group for parties?

Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post
    You can copy paste any old posts over you want. The new thread should load much faster. I may also start a party thread for your videos etc. as they seem to bog down the server and slow the thread loading.
    Thoughts on a party thread?

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Good afternoon,

Still dealing with health stuff here, just trying to adjust to yet more things I can't consume. Nic apparently being a major player in my cortisol problems. Looks like I'm going to be dropping down to 6mg soon, which is fine because lately I've been feeling over-stimulated with the 12mg I have now.

Nothing else new to report, no life events to share. Don't have enough "oomph" to do much following, just posting here and there. Hope everyone has had a good weekend, it's sunny here and feels rather spring-ish.

PIF moderator / owner Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm just thinking we seem to have lost some friends because they quit smoking and feel out of place here now and some people looking for help think we're all nuts A thread for silliness and chat might bring more people to both threads.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

ECF Veteran

I feel kinda bad about not participating in the videos and such but the truth is I am usually browsing the thread while watching tv or when Cliff is still sleeping and I have my volume turned off, I very rarely ever watch youtube videos. The only time I ever watch them is for a tutorial. I just kind of stay away when the video stuff is going on.

I'm just thinking we seem to have lost some friends because they quit smoking and feel out of place here now and some people looking for help think we're all nuts A thread for silliness and chat might bring more people to both threads.

ECF Veteran

Ppl tend to fall away because this thread works and they stop smoking. I mention that because finding the right balance isn't always obvious. I see where you are coming from and agree, this thread should be attracting new vapers that are still smoking - yet at the same time, a steady diet of smoking related topics tends to make me want to smoke. It's been helpful to me to talk about minor frustrations and stresses since that's a reason I smoke.

So IMO, idk. No everyone's into vids, not everyones into FB, not everyone deals with stress the same way. It might not even be a stress issue they deal with, finding an ADV or hardware or ... I'm trying to brainstorm and it's not working.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 01-26-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm all in, I can provide a lot of silly, Thaya will be onboard, I am sure of that. you want me to start it? I can do it on Monday or Tuesday for sure. I was thinking of doing it anyway for the same reason, I didn't want people to be unsure of what was going on here. Can we do it in PIF? that is why I didn't start one, I wasn't sure where to put it.

We all need a place to go for fun and relieve stress. I will be first in the Conga line!

PIF moderator / owner Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Still smoking support and chat thread

We need to keep the social aspect of support. IMO that's very crucial to have a non judgmental place to vent, rant, or just feel at home. But it's also nice to have somewhere to just forget it all and be silly

I'll set up a new thread soon and post a link. It's not like we can't have fun in both.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia P View Post
    What about a Facebook group for parties?
    I could try one on facebook, I have to see what I need to do, I also need to get a few ADMINS for it. Maybe a sponsor or two if we are lucky. I know a few that might help out.

ECF Veteran

Someone needs to PM Lori and tell her where we've gone. Could Jazz take care of that?

ECF Veteran

I think a repeated issue is the fact ppl feel they need to read all the posts before participating. There are days that could be 10 pages. A new person would've had to read 2,000+ pages. IMO that's a big issue. Idk if anything can be done about that.
    "Don't blink."