Still smoking support and chat thread - Page 276
Page 276 of 504 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 5040
Like Tree27171Likes

Thread: Still smoking support and chat thread

Ultra Member Verified Member darksparkle13's Avatar

Vape mail from fasttech finally! I was up late last night watching videos! I got a k100 mech mod, also a k102 mech mod that's red! Got a few tanks, batteries, chargers and some other do dads! Yay! Can't wait to fill the tanks and get my mods set up! Wahoooo

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1977 View Post
    good morning everyone ive been a busy bee at home getting things done around the house. hope all is well on ur ends

as for my spare time ive been playing with experiments laterly my lastest 1 is this :

the papertowel was there due to i didnt have my glass runoff container yet lol

Attachment 326721
    JJ,

Are you barrel-aging your DIY juice??

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    Allright. I gotta question for all you coil builders and since I've never done it ... I'm feeling kinda chicken to ask anywhere else. I'm looking at the new dual coil setups for the kanger Mega and Dimitri (Vaping Greek) points out the coils are using welded wire?

How in the heck do you weld wire that tiny (isn't it a miracle enough to thread cotton inside)??? Is that really necessary? What's with resistance and non-resistance wire anyway? I just have 28 guage... whatever.

Here's some big pics of the new bdc coil design different design

I thought starting out with protank coils would be kinda of a no brainer if needed and so far they've been so cheap I haven't needed to do any. I've been following along just fine ..... until this. I seriously hope they are pulling my leg. Be kind. I also suffer from overthinkers disease. (That's why I should never be allowed to touch a keyboard of a pc.)
    Aik,

You can buy pre-welded NR-R-NR wires from FT. They're pretty cheap (about $2.40 for 100) and the nice thing about them is the coil resistance always comes out exactly on target!

Although you can wire-weld manually, (You just charge up a capacitor, connect the R and NR wires to the terminals, and touch them together details here
    Resistance-No Resistance wire welder

but another option is just to wrap them with plain kanthal wire. While the NR legs do keep all the heat up in the coil, I don't think they're really a hard requirement, just a minor enhancement.

Welcome FireDragon, I think you've come to the right place!

Haven't been around as much, lots of spring projects sucking up my spare time...

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    South Miami Florida.. South of Kendall if you know the area
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twgbonehead View Post
    JJ,

Are you barrel-aging your DIY juice??
    yea, also i pretreated the barrel with blue label JW before starting but i like experimenting

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hmm. Trying a kiwi custard I made. I like it I think. With no nic it has 0 throat hit. Added nic once I decided I like it and ut has slight throat hit now.

Ultra Member Verified Member darksparkle13's Avatar

I love lots of vapor, little to no throat hit! In fact all day everything I vapes just hit the back of my throat and yuck! I am not happy with any juice right now..... I wonder why?
    Even my favs are just not hitting the spot today

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i like no throat hit, but i tend to use way more liquid that way. and if the liquid has nicotine i use a bit too much because i cant judge how much i use because there is no throat hit and i forget how many draws i have taken.

im awaiting on a new package of juices from a vendor. thier Horchata attempts (5 different attempts.. i like horchata.. ill like sampling this!) and some Sweet Tea. interested to see how that tastes.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darksparkle13 View Post
    I love lots of vapor, little to no throat hit! In fact all day everything I vapes just hit the back of my throat and yuck! I am not happy with any juice right now..... I wonder why?
    Even my favs are just not hitting the spot today
    Maybe Vaper's Tongue or you need clean/new coil? Here is a thread I bookmarked. You may find an answer or some things to try out.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...y-fatigue.html

If this peaks your interest there are several/many more threads about Vaper's Tongue. Hope whatever it is goes away soon.

I have days when nothing tastes good either, even after changing cotton wicks or attys or whatever. Sometimes I am not drinking enough water, sometimes it is something I ate. Sometimes I never know.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

Super Member Verified Member FireDragon1138's Avatar

I think I went the longest without a cigarette in some time, about 4 hours. I might need to up my nicotine from 12mg: I was almost chain-vaping. I was just using my flea-market EGo, nothing special- it tends to vape warm.

Today I got a 14500 mod in the mail, an EGo-RS. It has 4 3-click voltages settings and a removable 14500 battery. I think it's good (with some faults- the button is almost flush), glad I didn't pay too much for it, but I think I do like it better than the cheap EGo batteries I have tried. I'm considering buying an L-Rider Lambo/Robust, also a 14500 VV 14500 mod. I like lower wattages (higher resistance atomizers here, 2.6-3.0) and longer draws so I can fine-tune the amount of nicotine I get. 5 to 5 1/2 watts seems plenty for me, especially vaping juices like WTA or NET that have a lot of throat hit already.
    Last edited by FireDragon1138; 04-17-2014 at 01:23 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Topdogie01 View Post
    If you tap on the comment it will be highlighted. Then you can click the thumbs up to like or press the comment bubble to quote. You can highlight multiple comments to quote, but can only like when one is highlighted.

Also go into settings and change your signature. I removed mine.
    Thanks!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopnjazz View Post
    Tap the message - it will turn yellow and your options show up
    And again. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    4 PAD is a pretty heavy habit to dump. Some of it for me is that cigs are like a safety blanket too. It scares me to be without them, what if I get upset over something - yes, I use them to calm me down, chill sticks. That is the MEGA challenge for me and the number 1 reason I end up smoking again.

My actual point is that everyone has their triggers that are like needs for smoking. It helps me to recognize what mine are and help prepare for them, figure out contingency plans - alternatives. At one time I used running. Then walking (not as fun). I've hit thrift stores for awhile. Something. I think I hang out here sometimes and it's kinda weird to talk about eliquids and vaping while smoking a cigarette. Yes it can be done, I've done it but I find myself prefferring to vape more. I think that's why I hang out in DIY looking at flavors and reciepes (not as expensive as mods). Others have said that's why they tinker with coil building and clouds.

Whatever works.
    Except maybe killing someone.
    Or maxing the cc's out.
    Safety blanket, love it

Quote Originally Posted by FireDragon1138 View Post
    I think I went the longest without a cigarette in some time, about 4 hours. I might need to up my nicotine from 12mg: I was almost chain-vaping. I was just using my flea-market EGo, nothing special- it tends to vape warm.

Today I got a 14500 mod in the mail, an EGo-RS. It has 4 3-click voltages settings and a removable 14500 battery. I think it's good (with some faults- the button is almost flush), glad I didn't pay too much for it, but I think I do like it better than the cheap EGo batteries I have tried. I'm considering buying an L-Rider Lambo/Robust, also a 14500 VV 14500 mod. I like lower wattages (higher resistance atomizers here, 2.6-3.0) and longer draws so I can fine-tune the amount of nicotine I get. 5 to 5 1/2 watts seems plenty for me, especially vaping juices like WTA or NET that have a lot of throat hit already.
    We vape alike. I hate a hot vape or throat hit.

FQ I didn't quote you, although I thought I did but I am so proud of you!!!