Page 3 of 395 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree24608Likes

Thread: Still smoking support and chat thread

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post
    We need to keep the social aspect of support. IMO that's very crucial to have a non judgmental place to vent, rant, or just feel at home. But it's also nice to have somewhere to just forget it all and be silly

I'll set up a new thread soon and post a link. It's not like we can't have fun in both.
    I think some of the new people who drop in and decide not to stay, is because of the relationships that have already been built, and so there isn't a whole lot of value for them when we get chatty.

I know it's hard, because most of us prefer the chatting as (1) some of us have quit completely, and (2) those who haven't would rather not talk a lot about smoking.

I hope that we're able to find a happy medium where more new-comers can feel like they can get help and/or support, even if they don't know everyone yet. There seems to be a whole lot less commiserating going on than when I first started visiting. IDK--evolution of a thread? This is a tuffy, since I know that having friends here and a "home" to come to has been incredibly helpful for me.

I would be more than happy to see a whole new group of people finding themselves doing in this thread what we have done in the last one.
    Last edited by alisa1970; 01-26-2014 at 10:22 PM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Don't feel bad. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia P View Post
    I feel kinda bad about not participating in the videos and such but the truth is I am usually browsing the thread while watching tv or when Cliff is still sleeping and I have my volume turned off, I very rarely ever watch youtube videos. The only time I ever watch them is for a tutorial. I just kind of stay away when the video stuff is going on.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

PIF FORUM MODERATOR Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Someone needs to PM Lori and tell her where we've gone. Could Jazz take care of that?

Done! wonder how her shoulder is....
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning , The Devil says "Oh crap!. She's up!!."

ECF Veteran

It isn't going to be possible to please everyone and not everyone is going to fit in no matter that the topic is. Just like every other long standing thread some will stay some won't, I don't think it's anything any one person or group of people does. It's just human nature, some will like a fast moving chatty thread and others will want a strict support only thread, the ones who stay will like a mixture of both.

PIF moderator / owner Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ok so I'll start a new thread. The "pif lounge" where we can just talk and have fun with no particular purpose or topic.
    Please keep in mind though that people in THIS thread still need your insight and help. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

ECF Veteran

Thank you. I don't know whether she had the surgery or not, last she said was that it depended on how Bill was doing and that wasn't looking very positive at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by beebopnjazz View Post
    Done! wonder how her shoulder is....

ECF Veteran

So does that mean we should keep on topic here and use the other one to just chat with friends?

Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post
    Ok so I'll start a new thread. The "pif lounge" where we can just talk and have fun with no particular purpose or topic.
    Please keep in mind though that people in THIS thread still need your insight and help. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

New thread
    PIF group lounge

ECF Veteran

I'm coming up on my one year vapeaniversary and I'm still smoking. That's disheartening. Yet I recall FQ took a couple of years before she was able to quit completely and I believe others who say they are one cig away from going back to smoking full time again. So this is preventative for them. And there are others who are perfectly fine with reduced smoking and vaping more (moderate smoking). I think I'm straddling the line with where I fit.

Maybe the first post should have links to some ppl's stories.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 01-26-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

So does that mean we should keep on topic here and use the other one to just chat with friends?
    Not really. You can still socialize here. Sometimes a joke or a kind word is just what you need to get past a craving or back on track.