Page 22 of 4615 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632721225221022 ... LastLast
Like Tree11543Likes

Thread: Chit Chattin away!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

thank you all so much! Your support and suggestions mean so much to me! Sorry for being a debbie downer today. I was expecting to go to the doctor maybe get some muscles relaxers and be told Id be ok in a few days. Not be referred to a surgeon and told to double up on stuff that does not work at all!! Out here it is so hard to get pain relief when you need it because of people who abuse it. I dont have a regular doctor because I NEVER go to the dr. so the drs dont know me at all. I am so tired of saying no to the kiddos on play requests because my back hurts!!

2. Advertisement
    Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Fishing in the Midwest somewhere around Bourbon, Mo USA

Quote Originally Posted by sensay View Post
    thank you all so much! Your support and suggestions mean so much to me! Sorry for being a debbie downer today. I was expecting to go to the doctor maybe get some muscles relaxers and be told Id be ok in a few days. Not be referred to a surgeon and told to double up on stuff that does not work at all!! Out here it is so hard to get pain relief when you need it because of people who abuse it. I dont have a regular doctor because I NEVER go to the dr. so the drs dont know me at all. I am so tired of saying no to the kiddos on play requests because my back hurts!!
    U got that right on the abusers!!!! ugh!! i say no too many times to my son as well... but he understands, thank god! i have alot more good days than bad tho, so... I have to count my blessings!

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Fishing in the Midwest somewhere around Bourbon, Mo USA

Unhappy

I have to go into the city tomorrow for 2 days to work.. so i wont be around tomorrow or Fri until late... But my hubby might be on...I might be able to sign in late tom. to see what i am missing
    But at least i wil have a lil cash to pay for everything we've been buying to get us rolling! and a lil to get sumpin for hubs for fathers day.
    maybe i will be lucky enough to win the 5v box mod from neph on the i <3 PIF contest ( nudge nudge)...for him for fathers day... since he is the greatest Dad. ( he might see this )....lol...love ya babe! Yeah i am a great butt kisser!

Chocolate Diva Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

We are here for support too! ((((hugs))))

Maybe this will make you laugh. I went to the emergency room because of a bad tooth ache, I knew it was infected and I needed antibiotics and some pain meds to hold me over until Monday. A doctor comes in the room and he starts asking all kinds of questions about what kind of medication I was on and what kind of pain medication I had taken in the past and then he ask me what kind pain meds did I think he should give me, well by now I am fed up with all questions so I yelled at him "I DON'T KNOW YOU ARE THE DOCTOR!" I thought my hubby was going to have a heart attack and I never seen someone leave a room as fast as the doctor did. Turns out he was only an intern...LOL. The real doctor came in and asked me what the problem is, I was so upset and I was crying, I couldn't talk. My hubby said look she is in pain and she has not been to an emergency room for anything in 10 years, you can check her records, this town is smll enough you can do that. And he doesn't see any reason for someone to be treating me like I was a drug addict. After I said lets go I will just call my family dr, he looked at my tooth and says "Yeah I think you need something for that" gggrrrrr!! 300 dollars to get treated like that.....just not right! We did give the nurse a little laugh though she came in to give me a pain shot and a pennicillin shot, my hubby said he didn't know he was an intern, the nurse just laughed and said he deserved it...LOL.
    .....Social Groups.....
    Ladies come join us! The Women's Room .....Moderator
    Wellness: Wrecked & Bonkers .....Moderator

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

sorry bout your back pain sweets....I know it all to well.
    I use heat pad at night - it really helps..........
    also ( I know I sound like a mommy - cant help it ) - make sure you sit upright at the computer - posture will affect your back

hugs
    JoJo

Make every moment count

Super Member ECF Veteran brandeeashlynn's Avatar

I would go to another doc if you can. I have constant neck pain and my doc gave a script for flexerall it works great. I take at night and by the am i feeling alot better. I hope you find the help you need. God Bless. Brandee
    Last edited by brandeeashlynn; 06-17-2010 at 03:10 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye2099 View Post
    wow a med i know about mine is for back tention and good sleep as well as headaches but knocks me out nice at night. I understand the pain thing sensay i have lupas and deal with pain daily my back is always hurting as well especially when i have been on it a while i have a pillowcase full of rice that i microwave for 1 min then take into the bedroom. put it on the bed with a towel over it and layon it so it is where the pain is the heat seems to help i lay there till it cools down and i am ok or if it is still hurting i try same with ice well and then sometimes i go for the painkillers method just dont like em much they make me feel out of it and i dont like it. hope this helps and hope ya feel better
    I am gonna try this tonight! I have not slept well at all because of the pain! Thanks for the suggestion

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm DDing again. Same group of rowdy 20 somethings. This time for a bridal shower. I'm excited to get out, and sad a little that my only acquaintances here see me as a sober "cool" friend with a good driving record.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sensay, darlin,
    Sometimes it might help if you lay on the floor (I know you can't get up, but just try it) and bend your legs at 90 degree angles at your hips and knees and put your lower legs on a coffee table or low stool. Stay like that as long as you can (like up to 30 minutes)
    My ex had a herniated disc and that's what they had him do several times a day until he could get into surgery.

Huggers, Hun. I'm prayin for you.
    Love the new avatar! ~ Princess

SQUIRREL! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacArthurBug View Post
    I'm DDing again. Same group of rowdy 20 somethings. This time for a bridal shower. I'm excited to get out, and sad a little that my only acquaintances here see me as a sober "cool" friend with a good driving record.
    Getting out is good...also good is being the sober cool friend.

Last TC take 9.3.11
    Bianca is what Peeps would be if they were sentient. Just gooey luscious love and sugar. -Magnus