Atlanta Vape Meet, February 18th, 2012 - Page 23
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Atlanta Vape Meet, February 18th, 2012

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger

Ok guys and girls, video and pictures are up on the site. - http://guidetovaping.com/2012/02/the...meet-coverage/

I want to personally thank all of you who attended, supported and put the meet together. For my first meet, it was awesome and I look forward to doing it again some day. My Wife and I had a blast and enjoyed meeting you all. Vape on!!
    chatter97, Balthezar and taxman32 like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have too many pictures to post them individually so here is the link to the album where they are all at. We are looking to have casual monthly meetings, but we will post that as soon as we all finish recuperating from this event.
    wv2win, Balthezar and taxman32 like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Guys and Dolls (that's you #47) great doesn't really describe the experience Saturday night.The comraderie and helpfulness of everyone attending was phenomenal. I learned more that night than I could ever hope to learn by just reading a forum. If anyone has the opportunity to attend a gathering such as this in your area, I encourage you to go.
    The generosity exhibited by the vendors boggled the imagination. The pictures of the "juice bar" really doesn't do justice to the expanse of juices that were available. Even the bucket containing the tried but turned down was great. Sean finally found his cappuccino and Mike had his beef jerky.
    I especially want to thank the vendors. Without their participation the event wouldn't have been near as successful as it turned out to be. I personally am going to email each and every contributor to thank them for their participation. Appreciation goes a long way in insuring future participation.
    Finally thanks Balthezar for having the passing thought of having such a gathering and to all his minions for pulling it together and making it as successful as it was.
    wv2win, chatter97 and Balthezar like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I just wanted everyone to know who was responsible for this awesome event!!!

DSC02754.JPG

The Event Planners (from left to right):
    MikenGA - Head counter and operations
    Balthazar - The guy that had a crazy idea for us to have a vape and a beer.
    s3anvap3s- joined us on our second meeting.
    chatter - Planned and implemented the juice bar, worked with supporting vendors and with MikenGA worked with ECF threads.
    Chaos - No longer on here due to a story too long to tell, brought us allot of the prizes and vendors as well provided MC Duties.

I also want to thank Sammy and Rabernet who were with MikenGA,Balthazar,Chaos and myself from the start but were unable to make it due to changing life circumstances.
    Also, Dimitris with VP Pro live should get huge credit for making this event even bigger and coming out and putting us on the internet.
    Dimitris and Balthezar like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

HOWDY FOLKS!! I don't know about the rest of ya, but I'm pooped! Had a GREAT DAY on Saturday, got home about 1:30am, then had to work all day Sunday. I slept late today, and am just beginning to stir with my first cup o java.

Chatter, my almost 60 year old eyes need a HUGE magnifying glass to see that pic!
    Quote Originally Posted by chatter97 View Post
    ...I also want to thank Sammy and Rabernet who..........were unable to make it due to changing life circumstances.
    Let's also remember Nestoche (at our 1st meeting in December) and Zogem (at our 2nd meeting in January), who each contributed to the ENJOYMENT of our planning sessions, and to the success of the event.

The VAPE MEET this past Saturday was our 3rd monthly meeting, so the question is...where and when will we meet in March?

I'll be back in a bit, with closing thoughts and the final 'OFFICIAL HEAD COUNT'.
    Balthezar likes this.

$2854.79 vaping supplies since 9/25/2011.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Miken, click on the link in post 222, there is a much larger version there. Thank you for the ones I could not remember!!!! And if you want to watch the VP Live team recorded broadcast I am at about an hour and 18 minutes and earlier they had S3anvap3s!!!

I should change my forumn name to Chatter of the Awesome Beard!!!!
    Last edited by chatter97; 02-20-2012 at 08:37 PM.

ECF Veteran

I HAD A GREAT TIME MEETING ALL YOU FOLKS ON SATURDAY! WHOA!! That was a HOOT!

I had the best seat in the house; passing out name badges/drawing numbers, and recognizing most of you AFTER you gave me your ECF Screen Name!
    (Special THANK YOU goes to Taxman32, for relieving me long enough to 'relieve myself' , check out most of our vendors , check out the juice bar , and travel the outer areas calling winning numbers at the top of my lungs! )

• As far as I know, the inception of the idea that led to THIS event, occured on Thanksgiving night. I received a PM from Balthezar on November 24, 2011, with the following sentence: "Just a quick note, I will be starting a thread next week about a GA get together. I'll keep in touch about where I'm posting it."
      The following week, the thread appeared and was titled "Georgia Vapers Let's Get Together".

Balthezar, I haven't told you this, but 'the devil in me' really enjoyed watching you squirm when so MANY folks responded to your post...and you never considered limiting the number of tables we might pull together somewhere. It was quickly obvious to all readers, that this thang was going to be far too much for one person to organize, and that's when 'the planning committee' materialized...seemingly out of thin air!

Ultimately, ALL of us on 'the planning committee' experienced several grand opportunities to 'squirm' along with Balthezar, and sometimes we were blindly taking the next step...simply because it WAS the only step to take.

As for ME, it was a PLEASURE getting to know each of the folks on the 'Planning Committee' (me, Chatter97, ChaosAffect, Balthezar, Sammy43, s3anvap3s, rabernet, Nestoche and Zogem). Each meeting was another great opportunity to spend time with GOOD FRIENDS and SPECIAL FOLKS...as well as learn more than I EVER thought I needed to know about everyone's P.E.N.I.S. (Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System)!

Would I do it again?? Uhmmmmm...YEP, and YOU should, too!

HERE ARE THE NUMBERS:
    As the 'Official Head Counter', I was predicting between 127 to 142 attendees at the event.

At the event:
    • We had 119 'numbered' names participating in the DRAWING.

• We also had 5 additional folks attending that were either underage or did not want to participate in the drawing.

• THE 'OFFICIAL TOTAL HEAD COUNT' was 124!!!
      (We would have had more folks if it had NOT been raining, so my prognosticatin' was darn good!!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VENDORS who attended!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VENDORS who provided 45 generous donations for our drawing!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VENDORS who provided hundreds of bottles of flavorful juices for our JUICE BAR!

THANK YOU TO THE FOLKS OF VapersPlace | VP Live Vape Team who helped publicize the event and streamed it LIVE over the internet. (I'm getting PM 'THANK YOUs' from folks who watched online while vaping right along with us, and it's the VAPETEAM that made it possible!)

THANK YOU TO OLDE TOWNE TAVERN & GRILL (Lawrenceville, GA) for not only allowing us to use their facilities, but for working with us to meet the demand, by expanding 'our space' throughout the entire upper floor! Our turnout was SO GOOD, we would have been extremely cramped if OTG had confined us to only our little 'enclosed room'.
    • Funny...at the time we reserved the 'enclosed room', it was a significantly larger space than we thought would be necessary. WE WERE WRONG!!!

And THANK YOU TO THE FOLKS POSTING PICTURES AND VIDEO OF THE EVENT, cuz it gives us ALL the opportunity to enjoy it again and again!

Last, but not least, THANK YOU TO ALL THE FOLKS WHO CAME! It was YOU who 'the Planning Committee' was working for, and we would have been a sad/sorry bunch if you had not supported us with your presence! YOU CAME THROUGH FOR US!

I believe most of us felt as though we were attending one big reunion of long lost friends/family, and each of us can probably say, "I am SO GLAD I WAS THERE!" That's how I feel about it.

GOOD JOB, EVERYBODY!

(AND...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the FEBRUARY Folks! )

Chatter97, when you get a chance, please post a list of all the vendors who attended, as well as those who provided donations. These are the folks who supported us 'above and beyond' our requests, and they are the same folks I want to support with my business!

(Also, by posting a list of these folks, it will give us ALL a chance to email them a short note of appreciation and THANKS! )

We also need to reimburse expenses, tally TOTAL donations generated for CASAA (including VapeTeam auctions), and post the numbers. When that step is completed, The 'Atlanta Vape Meet of February 18, 2011' will be history...and such a good, good story!
    wv2win, Nyte and Balthezar like this.

$2854.79 vaping supplies since 9/25/2011.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Finally home from our weekend away. Had a blast at the vape meet!! It was awesome putting faces to names and getting to know people I hadn't actually interacted with on ECF. Thanks to the planning committee for putting this together. Looking forward to another meet!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Body in Knoxville, TN Heart in Columbus, OH
    Blog Entries

Well after seeing all of the pics and videos, I'm officially bummed that I didn't come down. THAT is how you do a vape meet! Awesome job, hopefully we can get the Smoky Mtn Vapers Group going strong up here in Knoxville and try and do a large meet like this. Well done by all!

ECF Veteran

Just got home to my beautiful Sedona AZ - yes, from the Atlanta meet!!

It was a wonderful treat to meet ALL of you. I know I was not at my best and did not get to meet everyone but I certainly had a wonderful time coming to Atlanta and meeting all of you that I did get to talk to. Atlanta group puts on a fantastic meet. Thank you to ALL who helped together this awesome event.

I hope you all got to meet the We Are Vapers crew and the Vape Team! Now that you have had an opportunity to meet us, I hope you will continue to support and spread the word about WE ARE VAPERS documentary: We Are Vapers | An Exploration into the World of Harm Reduction | We Are Vapers and We Are Vapers -- IndieGoGo We are ALL in this together so I hope we all DO this TOGETHER!!

THANKS again Atlanta!! So very much worth the trip!
    Last edited by NebulaBrot; 02-21-2012 at 02:37 AM.
    http://www.AEMSA.org
    Darwin, Darwin, Wizard-Evolved, Mamu Stealth DNA20d, Vicious Ant Valkyrie, Darwin, Darwin, VaporShark DAN30 +...