Pennsylvania Vapers - Introduce Yourself! - Page 2
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Pennsylvania Vapers - Introduce Yourself!

PIF FORUM MODERATOR Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That video is too funny!

As for losing accents - not completely I don't think - people still ask me where I'm from and I've been in Philly for 23 years now.

Of course, some of the things Philadelphians say is just "not right" - down the shore and yous makes me nuts.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Funny! I'm from Montana, so I have a slight Canadian accent, I guess, I overpronounce my a's sometimes. But I think the accent here is funny, too. Like people pronounce it like woulder instead of water and houwme instead of home and yuns!

Check out the White Rose Vaper's Club:
    RSVP here: http://www.whiterosevapersclub.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseVapersClub

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerTom View Post
    Jude -
    This may be a difficult question to answer, but have you lost your Tenn "accent" since living here? I say difficult because no one seems to realize that they HAVE an accent.
    Every part of PA has a distinctive manner of speaking prevalent to that area. I can tell a Philadelphia native from a Harrisburg/York person, as well as the people who live in the Hazleton and (good grief) the Old Forge communities.
    Me? Dere ain't no way dat I got any lousy accent. Youse just ain't hearin' me good!
    I would venture to say that every once in awhile the Southern slips out because I still say Ya'll , tar= tire, hoe = hole, britches = pants, and a few other words crammed together that I never really realized I said till I listened to Jeff Foxworthy. I try to enunciate each word when I speak with someone so I don't sound stupid because of stereotyping. My relatives from the South crack me up because they sound strange to me now especially when they say poot for passing gas. It's really funny with a Southern accent.

When I listen to that Southern cook on TV can't remember her name, the older blond lady, her accent sounds very exaggerated to me and I can't stand to listen to her because she sounds fake. I'm proud of being a Southern, but I hate when people think I'm ignorant or a hillbilly. I have lived in many places so I kind of adapted to different accents so I think it sounds normal until a few southern things just slip out.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Anyone else from yin'z country? Seems everyone is from the Philly side of the state!

Too funny about the accents! I moved down to DC for a few months, and everyone commented on my PA accent....which I couldnt understand because I thought I talked like everyone else there... But I guess we do have our own language, even from the west and the east side of the state. I love it

Super Member ECF Veteran Stephra's Avatar

We've got 17 members now... Where are you all hiding? Come out and say hello!

Super Member ECF Veteran

hola, me llamo gregorio, vivo en lancaster, no tengo un accento, unless spanglsh counts. damn 2nd shift sucks on fridays

Senior Member ECF Veteran

My wife and I vacation regularly on Martha's Vineyard... pardon me, Mahthuh's Vinyahd, and I've noticed that not all local residents speak with that unique New England-JFK accent. I brought this point up in conversation with a local store clerk and he said, "Sir, the only one here with an accent is YOU."

Hey! Take it easy! I'm a Red Sox fan too!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hola Gregorio~
    Do you pronounce your city as LANcaster, or LancaSTER?

Senior Member ECF Veteran Lioness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neekyme View Post
    Anyone else from yin'z country? Seems everyone is from the Philly side of the state!
    Yep. Originally from Johnstown now living in Somerset. Went from "yinz" to "youse" in 30 miles. (I still say yinz, youse is just wrong!)
    I really don't mean to sound like a witch. It just comes naturally.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerTom View Post
    Hola Gregorio~
    Do you pronounce your city as LANcaster, or LancaSTER?
    lol my name is greg, gregorio was my name in spanish class years ago.

it's pronounced LANCaster, lanc rhymes with tank. not LANcaster.

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast