Nicotine Buzz?

View Poll Results: Do you get a "buzz" from nicotine & are you dysfunctional without it?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I don't feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.

70 47.62%
  • No, I don't feel a buzz, and No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

30 20.41%
  • Yes, I feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.

30 20.41%
  • Yes, I feel a buzz; but No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

17 11.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nicotine Buzz?

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Nicotine Buzz?

I've seen a lot of folks mentioning a "buzz" (or a nicotine high) that they feel from nicotine. I don't experience that. What I do experience is a relief from confusion and inability to concentrate -- kind of like getting a refreshing drink of water when your throat is parched. If I go without nicotine, I become unable to function. So I describe that as being "dependent" on nicotine for normal functioning.

I wondered whether there is some kind of correlation.

a) No, I don't feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.
    b) No, I don't feel a buzz, and No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.
    c) Yes, I feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.
    d) Yes, I feel a buzz; but No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

If the correlation exists, I'd expect to see very few folks selecting options b and c. I'm expecting to see about 10-20% selecting a, and most of the rest selecting option d. Let's see how close my guesses come to the results.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Super Member ECF Veteran

Great poll. I've often wondered the same thing. I've never 'felt' anything from nicotine, I just know what I'm like without it.

PV Master ECF Veteran

wow, dead even between the no buzz/no function and the yes buzz/yes function crowds, and these are the majority. There must be something to that.

Senior Member ECF Veteran skippy's Avatar

No, I've never had a buzz when vaping only when smoking. As far as needing nicotine to function, well yes.... without it I'm basically incoherent.

Full Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I do get a nicotine "buzz" which then relieves my lack of concentration from withdrawal. I've been put through many situations where I couldn't smoke for 4-48 hours. After about 2 hours I feel my concentration fading, my head getting heavier, my stress building. After about 4 hours, the withdrawal peaks and continues. About 75% of the time, smoking after 4 hours would instantly make me light headed, slight loss of balance/hand-eye coordination included. After the buzz fades, I feel like I'm running at 100% and normal. I say smoking because this would happen to me when I was using analogs. However, since I have been vaping, it has happened once. Everything happened just the same as if I were using analogs.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I definitely feel a buzz. I was at a party last weekend and several people who tried my PV said they also felt a buzz with 24mg.

I don't like being without nicotine, but I'm no where near dysfunctional without it.
    Current setup: Zmax v3 - Cisco 306 - RW Vapors RY5 18mg @ 9-11w
    Pinch hitters: Kicked Legacy, Darwin, Icon 1.1, Reo Grand, Reo Mini, Chuck, 3.7v Box Mod, Saber Touch
    Gone but not forgotten: E9, KR808D-1 PT, eGo/Riva, Tekk mod, Buzz, eVic

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I occasionally feel a slight buzz when I am vaping heavy and snusing at the same time. But my usual self adjusting (do it without thinking) prevents this. I felt a buzz when I started and was experimenting with extremely high nicotine mixes (I DIY). I know now that 25mg/ml is just fine for me (for now) and I find myself vaping less frequently than I did a few months ago. I actually believe that I am not getting as much nicotine as I did when I was burning butts and may eventually quit vaping as well. As enjoyable as it is.
    Gear: EGOs, Go-Gos, Indulgences, E-Power, Lava Tube, GGTB & ELIPS Mix. Thanks to: ECF, MadVapes, Totally Wicked, Nhaler, Vapor Kings, GreenHouseOne, EastMall, Healthcabin, GotVapes, LorAnns & XtremeVaping.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So what the buzz amounts to is symptoms of a slight overdose of nicotine? Light headed, dizzy? How long does that last?

Way back when I first took a few puffs (I was in my teens), the first puff generated a little "blip" in my head that lasted no longer than a zap of static electricity. It was a pleasant feeling, but nothing like the warm fuzzy feeling you get after a couple of drinks. The only way to get that feeling back is to go without nicotine for several days. And then it's only for the first puff, and then I have to quit nicotine all over again for a while. It's definitely not worth getting dysfunctional.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

I usually like to put it that I'm more functional with it

PV Master ECF Veteran

My head buzzes if I don't get my nic!! But I no longer 'feel' any sort of 'hit' or 'buzz', even first in the morning vaping. One time I tried 36mg/ml juice, I was reeling and wretching, yes buzzing for about an hour on one cartful..it quickly went on the "for Sale" thread....I use 12mg mostly now. I do need it for optimal brain function because of ADD. At 6mg/ml for a couple days, no withdrawal, but a definite 'haze' starts to set in.
    Very NICE POLL!! Should be interesting.
    Last edited by Kate51; 07-16-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast