View Poll Results: Does your doctor approve of vaping?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

344 91.25%
  • NO

33 8.75%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Did your doctor approve of your vaping?

I was in the hospital recently for a miserable infection- needed to have an IV line placed and stay overnight to get my first dose of antibiotics before I could go home and have a visiting nurse. When I was asked by the MD if I used tobacco, I said no, but I use nicotine. He immediately asked if I used an e-cig, and I figured -here it comes, bad for you, blah blah- but when I said yes, he said "OK, I will write the orders so that you can vape in your room". How cool is that! Went for my follow up appointment with my regular doctor, and he just said if I kept it under 6mg of nic a day it was no worse that drinking an extra coke or two, and he was happy that I had quit smoking. The most bizarre part of this whole thing is that I am a home care nurse, and I specialize in home IV therapy :-) so I didn't want to get stuck in the hospital where I couldn't vape. Ended up that I could have stayed in the hospital and vaped as much as I wanted (food is better at home though)
    Tendril likes this.

2. Advertisement
    Moved On

Yes my cardiologist is very proud of me, big difference on my tests and I was a 2PAD smoker for 40 years

Super Member ECF Veteran

My dentist and her hygienist were very excited to hear about my e-cigarette. I don't visit internal medicine doctors but I have several medical practices for clients and they have all been very pro-ecig. And anti-FDA regulation, BTW. I recently spent an afternoon vaping 2+mls with a heart surgeon

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

BTW. I recently spent an afternoon vaping 2+mls with a heart surgeon
    Now that's funny!!! Cool Doc!!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by KTaylor View Post
    Now that's funny!!! Cool Doc!!
    Haha yeah, he used to be a smoker and said something along the lines of "it's an alcohol with nicotine, how in the world do people think it's so bad for you?" (without sarcasm). He's also 55-65 and definitely not the 'liberal' sort of doctor many would expect to say that.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My GP always tells me to quit smoking. One year into vaping I went in for a physical and when he listened to my lungs he said "Congradulations for quitting!" i did not mention I was vaping, his comment was were i wanted to leave it.
    Tendril likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

My doctor had never seen an e-cig and asked to see mine when I told her I had finally quit smoking. She said she is going to be suggesting e-cigs to her smoking patients from now on. And she noted my file to show I quite smoking.

Moved On

I just went to take granny to her high end, azz of a doctor, in the rich town one over. When he was done, I asked him "what do you think about pv's." He said "what?" I showed him my 901 & said "electric cigarettes." & I .... you not, he happily said "oh, congratulations" & this guy, who is always a complete ....., put his hand out to shake mine!

This should say something! I don't see my doc for a month, but I know he will approve. This doc was my test.

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Doctors are great and obviously much needed, but I don't expect them to know about vaping or even basic health needs such as nutrition.
    They often are prescribing meds for consequences from other meds, and since big pharma is their bankroll, go figure.
    I know that good nutrition is major for good health and i go to a cutting edge site mercola.com

my 13 year old is always asking me to ask him about vaping since he seems to know everything (dr Mercola)... i have put her off by saying "it's better than smoking tobacco cigarettes"... procrastinating.
    Crewsader likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Incognito™'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Really? Ok. Your life. But if you're doc told you not to have sex with someone who has aids you wouldn't listen? I'm not saying you have to do what your doc says, but an informed opinion from a health care professional should at least be considered in deciding how to live don't you think?

My doc told me to quit smoking for years and I never listened. Guess what. He was right, I was wrong, but it was still my choice.

The point of the poll is to show that most Docs approve of vaping. So far it's done that. I think that's a good thing for us vapers.
    Most of us turned to vaping because we care about our health... and I think we tend to forget that some e-cig users didn't start vaping for that reason ...and aren't very concerned with their health. That would be why some are saying "I don't care about what my doc thinks".

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast