I started vaping, because... - Page 6

View Poll Results: Why did you start vaping?

Voters
791. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm addicted to nicotine (cigarettes).

504 63.72%
  • I'm addicted to nicotine (chewing tobacco).

14 1.77%
  • I'm addicted to nicotine (other).

22 2.78%
  • Can't quit smoking because of "hand-to-mouth"

294 37.17%
  • Self-medicating (nervous or other disorder)

102 12.90%
  • Because I can do it where I can't smoke.

111 14.03%
  • Because of the flavors, and/or because it is "cool".

91 11.50%
  • Other - please explain.

119 15.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: I started vaping, because...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

wanted to quit fags all together

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Because i felt that my breathing was suffereing and hearing my wife cough constantly.
    My wife and i both of analogs since May 2011 and feel much better her cough is gone and my breathing has improved.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Every other method I tried to stop smoking failed miserably

Country Vaper Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dad2daBone View Post
    Every other method I tried to stop smoking failed miserably
    + a BIG one for that

I had quit smoking for 3 years. I always liked smoking, but I quit mainly because my wife wanted me to and I would wait till my son went to bed to hide my smoking and he would spy on me out his window lol

Then my wife left me after 10 years.
    I tried to get her back then found out she was seeing someone else. I said f$#k it and went to the liquor store bought a bottle of vodka and 2 packs of camels. Interesting night lol

I told myself I would only smoke when I had coffee cuz I love the combo. Next thing I know im chain smoking with a pot of coffee lol

When I started smoking in the car, and at work I said this has to stop- u quit for 3 years and your addicted like a dummy again. I don't remember how I heard about ecigs but I remember goggling it. I was like $150 bucks for a starter kit I don't think so!

I came across volcano ecig, they looked sharp I think the kit was 50 bucks for their slim ecig. Looked like they had some good flavors so I bought it and people raved about their customer service.

When I got it I was so excited! I vaped for like30 mins straight and thought it was the greatest thing ever.smashed my analogs and tossed them. I tired quickly of using up both batteries in no time (and having to wait to vape) so I ordered more. I had ordered light carts and found it just wasnt cutting it.

Somewhere around there I found ecf. Next thing I know im vaping an inferno with a passthrough and a drawer full of juice lol.....the rest is history
    OGREDOG WAS HERE

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started getting really discusted with myself about being a smoker and I wanted a change. My wife had quit a few months back and she is now pregnant. She always told me how bad I smelled because of cigarettes. I started looking around for ways to quit. I started researching the only ecig I knew about at the time which was the Blu's. I now realize my mistake. So I was downtown one day with my wife and they had a pretty cheap ecig so I decided to try it. Not being able to read german that well I picked up a no nic pack of carts. I thought the Idea was really cool however the carts curbbed my smoking habbits tremendously. I found about ECF through a youtube video, found out about dripping and decided to give it a try with my current set up. I LOVED IT, but I wanted something better. I found out the same place I bought my first PV they sold ego-T's just maketed under another name from a German based supplier. I picked it up and have not gone back to stinkies since.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I started vaping because I couldn't use tobacco any more without risking oral cancer. I had a pre-pre-preliminary stage of oral cancer. I smoked cigarettes and pipe tobacco for 4 years.

During the last 1.5 years I occasionally did dip. It was the dip that did it. I had something that you don't usually see except in 40 year olds who use a can of dip a day. I did like a can every 2 weeks though.

I couldn't use tobacco, but I need nicotine for nervous/stress disorder. I *can* go without nicotine (prefer not to though), but when I'm under extreme anxiety or stress I *need* nicotine.

Blog Entries

voted- Other

i started vaping because i was looking for somthing better than smoking

Triple Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I quit smoking and the patch wasn't working, vaping works for me!

ECF Veteran

My Dad and my husband's mother both have COPD and are on 24/7 oxygen. My mother just hates cigarettes - period.
    Since I do not work outside of the home any longer due to physical issues, I am generally the one who runs them to/from doctor and hospital appointments as none of them can drive any longer. I wanted something to use when I was around them that was not a cigarette, but which would provide me with the simulation of smoking, (hand to mouth thing is always what stopped me from being able to quit). So... I got an Njoy at the gas station and the rest, as they say, is history.

~Tiger

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast