What Would YOU Like To See in a new e-cig - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: What Would YOU Like To See in a new e-cig

Unregistered Supplier

edited for ecf
    Last edited by chopperguys; 01-23-2012 at 11:17 PM.

The Spotted Tongue! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by erich View Post
    Yeah, that particular one is a step down regulator. There are step ups, which use a single cell and is what's in the kick. My main point being that it seems kind of silly to build a mod for a kick... if you have the foresight to know you want vv, just build it in.
    I agree! I just finished my first mod (No Laughing at my skills!) and since I don't have the skills, tools, ability, knowledge, etc. I went ahead and made it Kick compatible. But ideally any new commercial mod would rely on someone else's drop in guts! Build it in (though replaceable isn't a bad idea!) and build it FOR the mod.

IMO here's what the electronics should have:
    Adjustable wattage (and voltage if not hugely impactful to the size or price)
    Multi-function display of some sort (small lcd would be ideal, think half the size of a cheapo calculator display)
    Battery charge indicator (ideally as part of the lcd display)
    Charging status (also part of the display)
    Easily adjustable, and settible, voltage/wattage
    USB connection (for charging? or just for passthru) Personally this doesn't matter to me, but I know there's lots of people who would want USB.
    All necessary protection circuits including some sort of master "off" setting for pocketability

Ideally it would be able to work off 1 battery (to keep size down) but maybe has the option to run 2 (for increased battery life). Oh and the batteries HAVE to be user replaceable (even if it's a somewhat proprietory battery, users should be able to purchase extras and swap them out).
    hildicat likes this.

HAVE YOU BEEN LICKED TODAY?

Unregistered Supplier

I strongly agree about the batt changing I love my Darwin but if I'm out for a long time I need a backup because I vape so much

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MastiffMike View Post
    I agree! I just finished my first mod (No Laughing at my skills!) and since I don't have the skills, tools, ability, knowledge, etc. I went ahead and made it Kick compatible. But ideally any new commercial mod would rely on someone else's drop in guts! Build it in (though replaceable isn't a bad idea!) and build it FOR the mod.

IMO here's what the electronics should have:
    Adjustable wattage (and voltage if not hugely impactful to the size or price)
    Multi-function display of some sort (small lcd would be ideal, think half the size of a cheapo calculator display)
    Battery charge indicator (ideally as part of the lcd display)
    Charging status (also part of the display)
    Easily adjustable, and settible, voltage/wattage
    USB connection (for charging? or just for passthru) Personally this doesn't matter to me, but I know there's lots of people who would want USB.
    All necessary protection circuits including some sort of master "off" setting for pocketability

Ideally it would be able to work off 1 battery (to keep size down) but maybe has the option to run 2 (for increased battery life). Oh and the batteries HAVE to be user replaceable (even if it's a somewhat proprietory battery, users should be able to purchase extras and swap them out).
    can i add to this list a juice feed system, bottom or top. I dont like tanks and want to get away from cartos.

Reos/RM2's/Cotton/DIY

Unregistered Supplier

sorry ecf i edited all i saw that needed thanks

Full Member Verified Member

My next ideal E'Cig would be:

A super compact regulated, variable voltage device, perhaps the size of a 900mah Ego.
    The device would have a small LCD screen to indicate voltage and battery life, and a voltage up, and voltage down button.

That's what I hope someone will make in the near future!
    chopperguys likes this.

Unregistered Supplier

hope this thread is still going

Unregistered Supplier

Have to close this thread I registered a a supplier

The Spotted Tongue! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Congrats Chopper!

HAVE YOU BEEN LICKED TODAY?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I like this thread,... some of the main things which i like would be the folllowing... if they already exist, then maybe i need to do my research more.

1) A small ecig which is the exact same size as a normal cigarette but has good vapour and power
    2) A roll up size ecig

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast