How Easy Was Switching to a Tobacco Alternative?? - Page 5

View Poll Results: How easy was it to quit smoking by switching?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • Switched by accident, wasn't even trying.

149 32.96%
  • Took a little effort, but I did switch.

263 58.19%
  • Took a lot of effort, but I did switch.

26 5.75%
  • I have not switched altogether, but I'm working on it.

13 2.88%
  • I have no intention of ever giving up smoking.

1 0.22%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: How Easy Was Switching to a Tobacco Alternative??

Senior Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I couldn't afford them.

Full Member Verified Member

Took about two weeks of using both pv's and analogs before I switched over completely. I could have done it quicker but i figured why rush it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

For me, quitting was sort of accidental. I purchased an e-cig to use when I would not be able to smoke. Such as to use in my car when I had to cart my parents to/from errands, (my Dad and mother-in-law both have COPD and are on oxygen 24/7, and my Mom just hates the smell of the stinkies). And also to use when I had to be at the hospital with my best friend who was having knee replacement surgery.

Anyway, I found that as soon as I started using the PV, my cigarette consumption dropped dramatically. On the first day, my cigarette usage was cut in half, (from 2pad). Gradually, I smoked less and less cigarettes a day until some days, I just did not smoke any at all. I was still determined to finish that last carton, tho. There was no way I was going to waste the $$ and just throw them away. It took me 2 weeks to finish that last pack, (very late at night on 3/4/2012), and I have not purchased, nor smoked a single cigarette since. In fact, the other day I was at a friend's house; she smokes - a LOT; and I saw one of her ashtrays just full to overflowing with butts and ash and I could actually feel my nose wrinkle up in a 'ewwww- gross' motion as I looked at that ashtray.

Don't get me wrong, I still have the occasional craving for an analogue. But I just start dripping 36mg juice and vape my face off when that happens. I honestly do not yet know how I would cope if someone were to light one up in my presence. I might jump on them, beat them up, and steal that cigarette all for myself and bogart the heck out of it. Or, I might grab my pv and go to sucking on it like my life depended upon it, (and it truly does). I just do not know how I would handle it at this stage of my recovery. But I do know I have been able to not go and buy me any smokes for awhile and I am quite proud of myself over that.

~Tiger
    ricks and mmrock like this.

ECF Veteran

I put myself in the "took a little effort" categorie. Did not want to quit smoking because I thought after trying everything else it would be hopeless anyway. just wanted to reduce smoking. Well after 2 weeks there I was smokefree. It was actualy pretty easy compaired to everything else I tried. Chantix was also easy but had that unpleasent thing that I was considering suicide
    and that of course was a big no go.

Smoke free since Mai 22/2011

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Only thing that worked

Full Member Verified Member

I quit a 25 yr 1 1/2 PAD habit the day I received my v-mod with very little effort. It's been at least 33 days and I have not had one stinky and do not intend to ever touch them again.

Once I started I haven't gone back yet...vaping give me the satisfaction i need

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I put myself in the first category, even though I took my time switching over. I got a Kr808 and didn't expect it to do anything at all. But my smoking just gradually decreased, until one evening i realized I hadn't had a cigarette all day, and didn't want one.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I was frankly very skeptical when I tried to quit using an ego. But, I wanted to quit, and didn't have a lot to lose.

The first week wasn't easy, there was my little effort. I paid for my 29 years of habit, during that week. I am actually quite impressed with my personal vaporizer. I feel much better than I did when I was smoking. There is also a little effort in maintaining your equipment, and I find that is a small price to pay to be able to breathe. It did the job, when everything else I had tried simply failed to work.

Today I use what I'd consider better models of vaporizers than when I first started. I no longer miss smoking at all.
    Last edited by Cyatis; 03-27-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Typo Reversal

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

We selected the first answer option, although we fully intended on switching. No accident. We stopped cigarettes the very first day our ecigs arrived and fired up. It will be three years on ONLY ecigs on July 1 this year, for both of us.
    ricks likes this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast