Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

70 31.96%
  • Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

97 44.29%
  • Buy E-Juice at B&M

73 33.33%
  • Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

110 50.23%
  • Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

41 18.72%
  • Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

127 57.99%
  • Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

22 10.05%
  • Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

78 35.62%
  • Prefer Mechanical MODS

33 15.07%
  • Prefer Both APV and MODS

51 23.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mortificant View Post
    I would buy more from brick and mortar stores if they had was I wanted. I'm pretty much a 98% exclusive online purchaser of e-cig related products
    We don't have a vape shop nearby so someone told me if you see a need then you should do something about it. I'm entertaining the idea.
    Vaping Kicks Ash!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by susieq60002 View Post
    I have 2 B&Ms I frequent. They both have what I want without a huge markup. I have gotten to know the store employees, and feel good shopping there. I buy stuff online when I need to, such as glass tanks and certain mods only one store carries.

I have both regulated devices and mechs. I like them both for different reasons.
    Same here on both devices. I'm thinking about the "kick" for my mechanical mods.

I went into a shop selling the Kanger Pro tank for $24. I know I can get that for $12-14 from Fasttech or an online store. But if they would price it at $16-18, I'd give them my business.
    Vaping Kicks Ash!

Full Member Verified Member

I usually order online, but it is always good to support local small businesses.
    I tend to go to a local B&M to try new flavors and purchase small supplies or a bottle of juice.
    Most of the items are overpriced (ex. $45 for 50mL) even compared to US vendors and another B&M that is 20 miles further.
    The good thing is they are spreading vaping instead of smoking as more people are exposed to it.
    They are good when you need them.
    FLExJuice and baseballmom like this.

ECF Veteran

Adios- I like the handle. I hope each B&M becomes a member at ECF. They will be able to price their products accordingly and get good feedback in what they should stock. It's unfortunate that those who open a local vape shop or online store to just make money, sell mediocre products, and have bad customer service will not get my dollars or recommendation. They can spend thousands of dollars on advertisement but it will never compare to word of mouth advertisement.
    Vaping Kicks Ash!

Super Member Verified Member VapHer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Online ~ more of a selection. BUT, every so often I'll go into my local shop.
    FLExJuice likes this.

Vaping: eGo 1100mah/EVOD/eSmart/K100 Mod/Omega Mod/TMP Mod/Gripper Box Mod.

Moved On

I'm brick and mortar all the way. I'm still pretty new to vaping, so buying anything online is a bit scary. Given vaping is so subjective AND so personal, this is a no brainer for me. All my questions are more quickly answered by a well informed employee. Sure I could surf the forums, but who knows what my next question will be once I get a good answer? Repeat that process 3 or more times and it can become quite labor intensive. Maybe I'm spoiled, but my local vape store has samples of flavors to try,....getting a great deal on e liquid that you hate is NOT a deal. I realize many do not have the option to easily visit a brick and mortar store, but for those that do, it's a win-win experience. Now that am no longer a complete noob, I may consider the online side of the business. Still, immediate gratification also plays a part. That's my 2 cents,....and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. LOL.

ECF Veteran

Chief- Congrats to making the switch. I've noticed some online ecig biz are setting up a B&M. I like those folks since they know what people want and how to price it accordingly. Plus since you have a good relationship with your local shop, you can help suggest products or have them join ECF.
    Vaping Kicks Ash!

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by FLExJuice View Post
    Chief- Congrats to making the switch. I've noticed some online ecig biz are setting up a B&M. I like those folks since they know what people want and how to price it accordingly. Plus since you have a good relationship with your local shop, you can help suggest products or have them join ECF.
    Exactly. The personal touch can make all the difference for those on the fence.

Full Member Verified Member tanzmitpalmer's Avatar

Actually, I've found that prices at our B&M shops are on par with most online vendors. Not much variety right at this very moment, but altsmoke is opening a location here soon. If their meatspace presence is comparable to their website, I think I'll be popping in after work a LOT.

Senior Member Supporting Member THETOTALLYCOOL's Avatar

Internet for the selection, price, and convenience.

But when I need to relax on CC use and pay cash for everything for a while (like now), I'll visit the B&M.
    Last edited by THETOTALLYCOOL; 08-03-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Earn lots of money simply by taking advantage of gullible people; Send $5 for details.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast