Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

85 29.82%
  • Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

129 45.26%
  • Buy E-Juice at B&M

94 32.98%
  • Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

144 50.53%
  • Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

55 19.30%
  • Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

167 58.60%
  • Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

26 9.12%
  • Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

110 38.60%
  • Prefer Mechanical MODS

43 15.09%
  • Prefer Both APV and MODS

68 23.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Mr. Awesome Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I went to my first B&M today.

I really liked the fact that I could sample any juice they had with ease and I ended up buying a couple of bottles for that reason.

However, I didn't like the fact that while they had a bunch of other equipment, none of it was displayed very well or labeled or priced. They had some behind the bar area set up and some in display cases, but being new to this, I didn't really know what anything was and didn't really want to ask. I like that I can look at a website and it shows me exactly what something is, what it does, and what it costs. It seems like they should have had a menu (and maybe some do) or something that showed everything they carried and the prices.

And finally, I felt a bit out of place. I was young once and blazed a lot of trails, but now in my mid-40's, I dress a certain way and look a certain way. The whole time I was in there, I felt like I was in a head shop and we were about to get raided. The people working there were very nice, but most of the visible skin was inked (and for the record, I have three tattoos, so I'm not a prude), most of the hair color was not natural, and piercings were aplenty.

I might pop back in from time to time to get some juice, but I'll be buying most of my stuff online.

Spent on Vaping: 982.99

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I prefer the B+M store I go to. BUT... I also can't get everything I want from them. I buy a lot of liquid online because it's way cheaper but I also buy some of my local stores flavors because they are great tasting. Thats where my fav one comes from so I buy those there. So I guess it's 50/50 for me. I'd buy just about everything at my local shop if they had all I wanted.

ECF Veteran

Great responses everyone. I hope B&M/Online suppliers tune in to our comments.
    Vaping Kicks Ash!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i prefer buying from a local b&m shop, unless they dont carry what im looking for. this goes for my vaping supplies as well as my other hobbies; cars, paintball, etc.. i do this for 3 reasons, 1- id rather contribute my funds to help a local establishment, 2- i like to be able to touch(see) what im buying, 3- im too ansy to wait for things in the mail( usually wind up overnighting and paying alot more!).

The Vapor Pope ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I wish more B&M's existed. Around here, one can get ecigs/supplies from brick&mortors, but they're "head Shops". Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the last time I went to one to inquire about their products, I knew more about them than they did. Not a good sign. They are in it for the money, not for the customer.

Our local Fastrack gas station now sells Njoy and Blu... oh well.
    THETOTALLYCOOL likes this.
    "Politics will run the world, religion will ruin it" - Vapor Pete

Senior Member ECF Veteran THETOTALLYCOOL's Avatar

I went to my B&M today to buy some clearomizers. I know their prices are higher than on the web, but that's okay. Good store with nice people, but when I asked about T3 minis, they'd never heard of them. I thought that was strange as they have the newer T3S models.

I think our attitude has changed about retailers due to mass-merchants, Walmat, Best Buy, CVS, Home Depot. The little guy can't possibly compete with the chains. But I bought some expensive juice, just to be nice, mostly.

Earn lots of money simply by taking advantage of gullible people; Send $5 for details.

ECF Veteran

Ever since I discovered the online vaping community, I don't have any reason to go to a B&M unless they got an ejuice or sold out item I absolutely need. There are so many good deals online I have to save my money for those items. B&M has it's advantages especially if you need a battery, clearomizer or ejuice until vapemail arrives.
    Vaping Kicks Ash!

Full Member Verified Member

I will only buy juices from a B&M, simply because I can try the flavors before I purchase. Additionally, I'd probably buy small accessories such as drip tips at a B&M.
    FLExJuice likes this.

ECF Veteran

So far the results have "Online Store" in the lead. If you're a B&M "only" store owner, you better get with the program. =D
    Vaping Kicks Ash!

I like B & M much better, I prefer getting my purchases on the spot rather then waiting on the mail.
    I also prefer trying my e-liquid before I buy it, I have enough flavors sittin around I didn't like after receiving

Now if I want something I don't feel I can get around here then yeah I'll buy it off line.... like I wanted a sexy lil embossed battery (they're pretty) so I ordered it off line. I admit, I didn't even look around here, but only because I had never seen it around here.

Plus I have to add, I live very very close to an Altsmoke, for those who have never been in one they are just beautiful little stores, making them a joy to go to......

for reference: images.jpg
    FLExJuice likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast