5 2.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Weight Gain/Loss/Steady since started Vaping

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Weight Gain/Loss/Steady since started Vaping

A completely un scientific poll here but just curious. Has anyone experienced any weight gain, weight loss or remained the same since beginning E-Cigarettes.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

E-Go twist, Zmax v5 (Black), Smok Magneto, Kanger Protank, Kanger Protank 2. DIY Juices.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Lucky me, apparently I'm the only one who's gotten fatter. Packed on about 15 since I quit smoking in April. No changes in exercise or dietary habits. Slowly taking it back off now by following the clean diet... No gluten, sugar, dairy or red meat. Or alcohol BOO!
    Ladiekali and r2d2 like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Honestly have no idea how this has happened, but have lost 3lbs! No change in exercise, eating...it's crazy, in a great way. Usually my past quits on cigs, I've gained about 3-5 lbs by now. Maybe the only difference, besides vaping, is I drink a ton of water? Who knows but loving it...

ProVari | byLeo | REO| Halo

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've lost weight since I started vaping, but that is because I started cutting about a month prior, so I think my answer really wouldn't help this poll.

The path to a sub-10% bodyfat percentage sure is tough though, and I'm sure vaping, like cigarettes, has kept me from those late night snacks that are my pitfall. Weirdly enough though my lifts have continued to increase. I actually had a PR and reached a goal I set this summer by deadlifting 375 lbs, 2.5x my bodyweight.

ECF Veteran

I'm sitting here eating a damn salad....

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I didn't gain or lose any weight.

I did quit all sugary drinks about a month before my complete switch though. Nothing but lots of water with an occasional coffee/tea. That may have offset what little I may have gained.

If I was a candy person I may have gained some weight. I went straight to 12mg and experienced some withdrawal food cravings for about 2 weeks until my body adjusted to less nic.

ECF Veteran

I am totally losing weight and loving it...I have a size 32 waist that used to be a svelt 30. With vaping desserts and fruity flavors I don't eat dessert anymore. If I'm hungry, I vape and it goes away fora while...but otherwise I'm a healthy eater. Yay for vaping!

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Gained about 10 lbs when I began but at that time all that really mattered was getting of the analogs. Within 6 months my overall health was much improved and I began exercising- lost the 10 lbs and overall toned up body mass. Vaping has given me a whole new outlook on life and my health- exercise, food, inner spirit. Realize when I say exercising I only participated in sports that I really enjoyed= lottsa fun

ECF Veteran

I've stayed at the same weight but that is a plus in my eyes. The first time I quit smoking (before I learned about vaping) I gained 20 pounds; it was one of the reasons I ended up smoking again.
    pampered1 likes this.

ECF Veteran

My weight has remained nearly exactly the same as before I quit smoking using e-cigarettes. I am a little over 1 year cigarette free at this point. No change in exercise, but as far as dietary I did cut back on most of my sugar-filled drinks and sodas and upped my water intake significantly. I do drink a lot of juice though which is filled with sugars, and probably average 12 beers/wk. I am a little more active that I was just for the fact that I'm not out of breath all the time, but I really don't "exercise".
    1990FOXBODY likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast