Do you vape around your kids? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you vape around your kids?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I have no problem vaping around my kids.

111 59.36%
  • Yes. But I'm concerned about their health / letting them see me vape.

7 3.74%
  • Sometimes: I try to limit how much I vape around my kids.

24 12.83%
  • Rarely: I actively try to avoid vaping around my kids.

15 8.02%
  • Never: If my kids are around, I'm either outside, or not vaping.

25 13.37%
  • Don't know.

5 2.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Do you vape around your kids?

My kids understand that I'm doing this to help me stay way from cigs but they are also over 18

Super Member Verified Member chrisj3982's Avatar

I do vape around my kids, they don't mind. My son actually asked me the other day why it smelled like blueberries around me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do vape around my daugter but I try to limit how much. She is 3 and thinks its cool when I blow rings and such. My wife and I have explained it to her that this is for Mommy and Daddy and she isnt allowed to touch. She has been really good about it too so Im not too concerned.

Full Member Verified Member

Influence is my biggest concern, but, as others have mentioned, I feel like my kids get more benefit from realizing that I did something to get away from smoking.
    kathi17 and CorallineAlgae like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have my kids to thank for why I vape in the house without question. I switched to vaping after my oldest daughter said " Mommy I wish dad would quit smoking so he doesn't die" That pretty much started the wife saying your quitting whether you like it or not. So I bought my first Ego kit and told the kids how it works and why it was better but my wife while she was thrilled I was vaping said it's too much like smoking and you still need to do it outside. Well in one of those kids say the darnedest things moments my youngest daughter said " Mommy if vaping is so much better why does daddy have to do it outside. From that moment on I vaped in the house.
    hurricanegirl100 likes this.

I have an 8 month old i vape usually on the other side of the room or in another room completely depending on what hes doing even when were outside i stand away from him

Senior Member Verified Member Ripshod's Avatar

Just to add to my poll answer, I won't vape around any kids. The closest I'll vape is probably the other side of the street. I'm not concerned about what I'm exhaling, as far as the nic it's totally spent. I just won't.
    CorallineAlgae likes this.

Full Member Verified Member Vaypinator's Avatar

Do parents drink in front of their kids? Probably. I don't see why they wouldn't vape, either. As long as they teach their kids the basics; smoking is bad, drinking in excess is bad, etc, then their children should just know not to pick up their e cigs like they wouldn't take a beer out of the fridge.
    kathi17 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran WickedSick's Avatar

Despite the fact that I do not have kids yet I am visiting often my cousins and everyone of them has taken the task of procreating with gusto so I have a whole bunch of little cousins. And in general I try not to vape around. I am not so much worried about the harmful consequences as I am worried about being a bad example. E-cigs are not so cheap to get, but cigarettes are and it is a short step ...

ProVape-1: Gone but no forgotten. Now а Proud Owner of ProVari Mini!

I do, however I try to avoid blowing vape near or around them. When I smoked it was strictly outdoors only. Now I can relax around the house sit on the couch and enjoy!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast