Do you vape around your kids?

View Poll Results: Do you vape around your kids?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I have no problem vaping around my kids.

112 59.57%
  • Yes. But I'm concerned about their health / letting them see me vape.

7 3.72%
  • Sometimes: I try to limit how much I vape around my kids.

24 12.77%
  • Rarely: I actively try to avoid vaping around my kids.

15 7.98%
  • Never: If my kids are around, I'm either outside, or not vaping.

25 13.30%
  • Don't know.

5 2.66%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Do you vape around your kids?

Default Do you vape around your kids?

Since we all agree that vaping is orders of magnitude safer than smoking cigarettes, it seems that the traditional attitudes and precautions regarding secondhand smoke seem to apply less to vaping. There are many factors which may determine whether or not someone is comfortable smoking or vaping around others. As well, like drinking alcohol, and smoking, I think we can agree that vaping can be considered an "adult activity."

With this in mind, this poll asks the question, do you vape around your kids?

Discuss your answers and your reasons below.
    Last edited by PineappleFrenzy; 09-20-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Mrsobie likes this.

Yes I do when I was a smoker I never smoked in the house but I vape in the house sometimes the living room smells like strawberry but other than that nothing and add fast add I know is not harmful like second hand smoke and it seems to evaporates right away it downcast Lindsey like cigs

analog free since August 27 th 2013
    Kiwiboo likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well, one key factor is missing from this thread...

The age range of the kids. Are they old enough to understand that you were a smoker and vaping has helped you quit? I've heard many stories of kids being the ones to push their parents towards vaping.

Vaping around a toddler? Probably not the best idea as they want to do everything that you do and aren't old enough to understand why you're vaping.

Ultra Member Verified Member

I try to limit vaping around my 11yo. Not sure why though... I guess it's just habit carried over from the analog days.

Quote Originally Posted by iz2sick View Post
    Well, one key factor is missing from this thread...

The age range of the kids. Are they old enough to understand that you were a smoker and vaping has helped you quit? I've heard many stories of kids being the ones to push their parents towards vaping.

Vaping around a toddler? Probably not the best idea as they want to do everything that you do and aren't old enough to understand why you're vaping.
    I agree with this age is a factor my son is 10 yrs old and he has been on me to quit for over a year every since he learned in health that it kills you and gives you cancer so we knew I was quitting and going to use the e-cig he was thrilled he took the last of my cigs and broke them to a million pieces and the Em away so I don't hide my vaping from him and don't go outside like I did with the analogs

analog free since August 27 th 2013
    Angiebubs likes this.

More than I did as a smoker but try to keep it down. My son is 6 and he has gone with me to the B&Ms more out of need. Still not in the car with him or with windows closed at the house it may be safer but there is still nic in it and he is developing.

i have mixed feelings about it, on one hand i am not completely sure that it is truly 100% safe witch is FINE for me to inhale but id hate to find out that it could possibly lead to health problems and have exposed my little angle to it. but on the other hand i am fairly confident that its safe and theres no harm in it . she is 4 and loves watching me vape i blow clouds up in the air and she laughs and giggles or trys to jump up and fan them away ( witch i do try to limit ) and for the most part if she is in the room i am sitting on the couch with the windows behind me open with a fan venting the room. but i never vape in the car with the windows up and i try to vape as little as possible in the car with her, in a big open room its one thing but not in a airtight small place or where it can blow back directly in her face, i hope that helps

Full Member Verified Member Tof31200's Avatar

Steel have some nicotine on my e-liquid, so I don't vape with kids around.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I have an 18 yr old son, 15 year old son and 2 yr old daughter. Im a chain vapor. I even vape with my daughter in the bed, on my lap and in the car. They are just happy i dont live on the front porch, they dont have to wait for me to finish my cigarette, they dont cough from my second hand smoke. I smell nicer for hugs and kisses a d my hands dont stink.

Im lucky, if i leave my mod on the table my daughter will just bring it to me. She says uh oh mommies, doesnt matter what im doing, on the phone, on the toilet here she comes to bring me my ecig. With that said i try to not leave it laying around. But so far she understands its mommys and not hers.

In the beginning it felt wierd. I felt like i was hitting a pipe or something. But the more i vape in the home, around my family the less cigarettes i smoke
    Mrsobie likes this.
    Mini provari / Dripper Pro, Provari / Ibtanked with Sophia
    My Unidentified as to not break rules Clone / Ibtank with Diver V2,
    GP Paps lux v3 / Ebaron Spiral

PV Master Supporting Member kathi17's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My son is grown now, and loves it when I vape. He manages a store in a mall, and encourages his smoking employees to vape out back when they need to, rather than taking a cigarette break. (He has never smoked).

He also doesn't mind if I vape around the grandchildren. (4,7, and 9). They all understand that smoking is bad, and that Grammy is using these to keep from smoking. Rather than wanting to try it, they all understand how difficult it is to quit smoking, and don't ever want to start themselves. They also want me to keep vaping so I don't start smoking again.
    Mrsobie likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast