View Poll Results: Which is better for a starter?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poldiac

5 27.78%
  • Chi-you

6 33.33%
  • Astro

6 33.33%
  • S1000

1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My first Mech

Senior Member Verified Member Slobalt7's Avatar

Default My first Mech

For my first mechanical mod I am going the FastTech route and have narrowed down my choices by cosmetics I am not sure if there is really a performance difference but which would be best/better in your humble opinions? I know telescoping mods are best for fitting batteries of different sizes but I only want to stay with one size. Also I prefer ego style button placement but have never used anything with different placement aside from an MVP 2.0. The Poldiac is my favorite in terms of cosmetics but if any of the others are better feel free to tell me why.

Here are the ones I really like:

$24.20 Poldiac Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - removable top cap at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$27.00 Chi-you Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - silver-plated contacts at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$24.00 Astro Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$23.40 S1000 Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - 1*airhole at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I don't know how to turn this into a poll so if it doesn't work right I am sorry.
    Call me Travis

AGA-T2 @ .8 ohm twisted 24G DC, Brass Sentinel

2. Advertisement
    Senior Member Verified Member TexasTanker19kilo20's Avatar

The Poldiac is nice.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My advice? Avoid clones....find an affordable mech to start with. I've had a couple clones before finally purchasing an authentic Poldiac and the difference is amazing. Just my 2 cents worth.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The Poldiac clone is nothing like the real deal. I have both the Chi-you and Nemesis clones. I like the Nemesis much more because it's lighter, isn't going to short with any battery, is easier to set up because it doesn't have a telescoping pin, has silver plated contacts, and the throw on the switch is a tiny bit longer. (gives me a little more comfort when I forget to lock it and throw it in my pocket.) If you're going to get a Chi-you clone then get the one that has reverse threading on the lock ring. Fasttech has it listed but won't allow you to add it to your cart. I've been checking periodically for a couple months now. I don't know if they're going to sell them again. Fasttech listed a new Chi-you with silver contacts but I haven't looked into it yet. Build quality on both the Chi-you and Nemesis are exceptionally good, I'd say 99% of what the originals are.

If it was my money I'd get the Nemesis clone or a smok natural. My natural has never fired in my pocket and I never locked it. But you'll have to mod it if you want atomizers to sit flush.

Sorry but I don't have any experience with the other mods.

Senior Member Verified Member Slobalt7's Avatar

Thank you for the comments. I am not too concerned with miss fire, I will be mainly using it as a home mod to play with my drips. I really prefer a side button over a bottom hence why I liked the Poldiac. I think I may just go with a simple Bolt clone since they are only $13.
    Call me Travis

AGA-T2 @ .8 ohm twisted 24G DC, Brass Sentinel

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The bolt isn't really a mechanical because it has a wired switch. So no slr builds for it.

Senior Member Verified Member fullsleeve's Avatar

spend a little more than youre looking at. get either a smoktech natural or the EA clone from ehpro. the ea is bad ... and has super minimal voltage drop. take a 500 battery so its not super big. button is smooth and easy to hit with a pink, the sliding positive pin means you can set your attys up exactly how you want too.

Full Member Verified Member

I'm surprised you didn't consider the Nemesis or Magneto...also check the JM, it was just added writhing the last week or so. It's a nice setup.
    Innokin 134 stainless, 2x SVD's, MVPV2, 2x Apollo vv tubes, Vamo v2, v3 & v5
    2xNemesis Stnls&brass, Chi-You, ChiHammer, Magneto, Poldiac, Galileo, Private v2&m16
    AGA T2, Fogger v2, ChiKraken, Igo W&L, Steam turbine, Iclear 30, 30s, 16, Protank II's

I will find out tomorrow!

Broke my Kamry K100 (first mod) yes, I am very hard on things. My Vape Lair is the garage with genuine cement floors which tend to be very hard on vape gear. My EHPro will arrive tomorrow and at least I don't have to worry about a bottom switch crushing the negative on a battery when I drop it (don't ask) Nice that I can get replacement switches and I'll run a 510 to Ego adapter for my Aro tanks at 1.8 ohms.

The press fit head on my K100 got loose and I didn't like that the switch could crush the battery--so I went with the EHPro EA Mod. Stainless steel pipe, a side switch that does not touch the battery and an adapter so it can be sheered off or cross threaded--I think that should work. Since the Aro tank is sheethed in metal and is a smaller diameter than the EHPro, it is protected from drops.

Now to find a mod with an air bag... or quit cranking tunes, drinking beer, BBQ'ing while vaping and enjoying life.

Full Member Verified Member Tof31200's Avatar

It seems that the nemesis clone is not too bad. Here u can find a review from Safer Vape of this clone:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Dp...e_gdata_player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast