What makes you purchase during a sale?

View Poll Results: With all the holiday sales, what makes you decide to purchase?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free Shipping

4 20.00%
  • % off

13 65.00%
  • $ off

2 10.00%
  • Other

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By MustangSallie
  • 2 Post By Elizabeth Baldwin
  • 1 Post By Plumes.91
  • 1 Post By Jugband
  • 2 Post By Gixer2000
  • 1 Post By Red Hood
  • 1 Post By John1016

Thread: What makes you purchase during a sale?

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default What makes you purchase during a sale?

EDIT: Double post

Mistress Blabber Mouth Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't typically care for the sites that try to disguise their higher mark-ups with free shipping. If you buy enough (provided you'll really use what you purchase) you can usually save more from a site that has lower prices even though you're paying for the shipping.

When looking at sales, for me it's % off, but if there is also free shipping it's a definite bonus. I won't buy at all though if I really don't need what's on sale.
    Plumes.91 and Angiebubs like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Elizabeth Baldwin's Avatar

I like sites with low prices, free shipping, and offering a % off too... Like MBV. Today I ordered stuff, got over 12% off with a coupon, and free shipping.
    lilmisse and Angiebubs like this.

CASAA Member! We fight for Vaper's rights!
    Become a member at CASAA.org!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Whenever I see a $ amount off, I just assume that the vendor is always going to offer that $ amount off. Kind of like how provape ALWAYS has a $ amount off of their Provari's. That isn't a sale. Thats just a vendor saying "we COULD charge you $180 for this mod, but we put a little strike through that $180, and we're selling it to you for $159.99!!! BUY NOW!! EVEN THOUGH IT WILL NEVER GO UP TO $180!!! (lol)

I rarely care about a % off sale unless its 40% off and above. I like big savings. I don't give 2 cares about 10% off. What is that? 1 dollar? I'd rather pay full price on another site that offers free shipping. But the free shipping needs to be advertised well, otherwise I wont even know its free shipping until I go through checkout, which I rarely do for new websites.. I stick to the ones I already know have free shipping on orders over $20-30 or whatever.

I feel bad blowing up their spot... But websites like VaporBeast get $0, zilcho from my wallet. Its nice that they offer free shipping across their website, indefinitely... But every single product they offer costs more than websites that don't offer free shipping. The shipping cost is hidden in the price of each and every item you buy. This wouldn't be so bad if they had obvious loss-leader products, but they don't.

I did like seeing BULK sales on things like clearomizer heads and cartomizers, thats for sure. Not enough websites offer a clean web design that integrates a bulk pricing table on the product pages.
    Angiebubs likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran WickedSick's Avatar

The only thing that catches my attention when I see a sale is when there is a percentage reduction, but only if it is big enough to matter. If the saved $ is less than 30$ or 40$ I don't even bother , except of course if the thing I want to buy is with cheaper

ProVape-1: Gone but no forgotten. Now а Proud Owner of ProVari Mini!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just ordered a 100 mils from my favorite vendor during a 15% off Valentines Day sale. When it arrived it was the wrong nicotine strength. I called them right away. They said keep it, well send out a new bottle. 100 mils free! Now that was a sale!
    lilmisse likes this.

I chose other because sales just make it easier for me to justify to my wife. Wife- "Omg another package came for you today" me-" but it was on sale" works every time! In the end it's about the money with her but if it keeps me off the stink sticks money doesn't matter to me.
    Angiebubs and MustangSallie like this.

Lower prices are nice, so long as stuff is legit. I constantly look at prices and try to find the best deal. But I mostly just search for friendly service. I don't like vape snobs running a store that treat noobs like they're in high school again. Seen that before... Great way to lose a sale and keep the noob customers on analogs
    Angiebubs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixer2000 View Post
    I chose other because sales just make it easier for me to justify to my wife. Wife- "Omg another package came for you today" me-" but it was on sale" works every time! In the end it's about the money with her but if it keeps me off the stink sticks money doesn't matter to me.
    ^This all the way, lol.

I am constantly telling my wife that "with that price I couldn't pass it up" and it works every time. I am pretty sure she assumes I spend way to much, but she has anything she needs so she doesn't question. Either way it works for me, I have roughly $250usd in orders(RTA's, RDA's and two mods with batteries as well as a couple racks to hold all this stuff) waiting to be delivered and I so hope it keeps working.
    Angiebubs likes this.