1,831 84.30%
  • I've cut down on analogs use with e-cigs

328 15.10%
  • I only use e-cigs where I can't use analogs

13 0.60%
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: E-Cig Success Rate?

I started with my e-cig and have never went back to an analog - 8 weeks and counting!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't been able to give up my analogs completely, but I am down to two or less per day!! I never would have thought that this thing would be able to satisfy my "analog" craving, but it has and I feel great!

Full Member ECF Veteran

Fully stopped thanks to my 901!

Full Member ECF Veteran

I have not had a analog since the night before my e-cig was delivered ( a hard morning, had to forgo my usual coffee) Luckily one battery was charged and I didn't`t have to wait.

On another subject how can I go about getting one of those Haven`t had one since banners? I am actually very proud of this accomplishment seeing as I have smoked for 20 years only stopping for a small break of 21/2 years when I was pregnant with my son and a 18 or so months while I breast feed. I was a 2 pack a day smoker.

Full Member ECF Veteran

what was I thinking so so sorry if that was TMI

Full Member ECF Veteran

I had a benefit of lurking on this forum for a week before I got my first model (njoy npro at the local Kangaroo) 3 weeks ago. I initially planned to use it only in non-smoking areas (airports, long haul flights etc.), but after reading so many positive experiences just by checking vaping in public forums, I thought about replacing some of my regular smoking as well. 901 arrived a couple of days later, and I've noticed that I am only having 1 or 2 analogs per day! After 25 years of sliding between 1 and 2 packs a day and trying every quitting method available, I was indeed surprised. That was when the first idea of completely quitting entered my mind.

I said to myself, great, I'll need a few months to go through that carton of Marlboro that I still have and hopefully by that time I'll be ready to quit completely. I just have to watch out for not getting an analog every single time I get a craving for it. Unexpectedly, that led me not to have any for a couple of days. By that time I was proficient enough in my vaping so that I got all that I needed from it, and when I finally took one Marlboro it was truly disgusting. I remembered that taste from the past experience, whenever I would try to quit and light up after a while (couple of days, weeks or months). However, I would get a strong nicotine kick that made me forget all that, and I felt happy. This time however, I couldn't even feel the nicotine, just the nasty tar, and bad taste in my mouth for several hours.

I figured, I'll keep some analogs, and whenever I get the craving, I'll make sure that I have a few satisfactory vapes before I light up. That should build up some resistance over time. I haven't had a single puff off analogs since then though, and I started feeling the smell when someone lights up. I still enjoy getting out of the office with my smoker buddies on a break, but I don't know how long will I be able to do that. In the past I did enjoyed a little bit of second-hand, and I truly enjoyed the smell, but this feels very different than any of my past attempts. Hopefully I can help my buddies convert, one already did and some are waiting for their starter kits. I just hope I won't become too pushy, I always hated smokers who succeeded in quitting and were trying to convince me.

Completly quit analogs Mater of fact I cant stand the taste of them anymore

Red face No~Nada~Nil

35 Year habit.. 1.5 to 2 packs a day.

Recieved first 801 e-cig 1/08/09, smoked my last analog 1/14/09!!

Had been trying to quit off and on, for at least 10 years of those 35.

Futile attempts using Chantix, patches, gum, Wellbutrin, etc. This junk did NOT work for me!

E-cigs do...going on 4 months!

Thanks,
    Julie

Ultra Member

WOW!!! I doubt any NRT on the market could touch these percentages. Over 75% (so far) have completely quit!!!

Congradulations to all who have had success in cutting out as little as 1 cigarette a day, and especially those that have quit completely! I'm soooo proud of all of you!

Please keep this thread alive!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nitewriter View Post

Please keep this thread alive!
    Trying, Nitewriter!