328 15.10%
  • I only use e-cigs where I can't use analogs

13 0.60%
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: E-Cig Success Rate?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

total quitter, here.

Haven't had an analog in 3 weeks and couldn't be happier.

Day 18 and analog free since my 901 arrived. I am VERY proud and feel a lot healthier already.

Was on a 25-30 a day habit and at 41 years was starting to feel erm.."mortal", if you know what i mean. I have control of my life back!!

I put cut back since I still smoke when I go out drinking. Not sure what it is, but the ecig doesn't feel right when theres a beer in my other hand. Used to be a pack a day though.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

my sig says it all

But i have yet to start to bottom out in cost considering i am still new at vaping.
    but i thinkk with my 901 i might just start to now
    Regards,
    Mage

Full Member Verified Member

I don't even have an urge to buy a pack anymore. I will have one occasionally with my wife outside (she hasn't seen the light yet) just so I can spend some time with her while she is smoking her cigs. If not I catch some grief.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Doesn't this poll measure how ecig users are currently using ecigs as opposed to measuring quitting success rate?

I don't think it would be possible to have a realistic quitting poll on an ecig forum given that the people who fail would have very little motivation (outside of social) to even participate in the forum.

Just a thought.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Best of luck to those of you trying to quit! I did not intend to quit at all when I bought this thing. But I immediately found myself surviving on 3 or 4 cigs a day instead of 30! About a month later, I decided to give quitting a try. Only smoking outside helped that effort as I am inherently lazy (LOL!) and don't like the cold weather. When I first challenged myself to have a full day without any cigs, I worked through a couple of those cravings just by telling myself to sit down and use the e-cig and wait about 15 minutes before making a decision. When I asked myself after 15 minutes if I still wanted to put on a coat and shoes and go outside, the answer was no. Voila, day one. So that's sort of how it worked for me and then day 3 seems to be a tough time for a lot of people, for some reason. Once I got past that, I was excited to see my counter change and now, I have no temptations even though occasionally I have a craving. It's just not difficult to get through it now.

Smo

I've cut down from pack-a-day to 2, sometimes 3 fags, and i received my e-cig 10 days ago. I never thought of quitting, but it just felt natural to cut down this way. And i have a strong feeling that i will get to 0 analogs as soon as i'll receive my first bottles of e-juice =D

Went from 2 packs to none so far !

Ultra Member

WOW! 78.18% out of 87 votes so far have COMPLETELY QUIT with e-cigs! I wonder if any of the NRT's have that kind of success rate?

I think it's great the another 20.69% have cut down too!

I started this out of curiosity, but I'm really surprised at the numbers!
    Last edited by nitewriter; 02-16-2009 at 05:31 AM.

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast