Question about subohm tank coils!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike5620

Dec 21, 2014
columbia sc
I have a question! im wanting to upgrade to a higher wattage device, right now im using the mvp 2. Im thinking about the istick 50 watt with one of the subohm tanks, but I don't understand something. Say im using a 0.4 ohm coil on a subohm tank, and vaping on 30 watts, how does that not burn the wicking in the tank??? and how long on average would that coil last before I would need to change it out??? Might be a dumb question but I would appreciate someone to explain this to me before I go out and buy something. Thanks in advance!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I think that is a good choice to buy. You would be happy with the system. The .5 coils get up to temp quicker quicker and do not gunk up as quick as a coil say at 1.8 ohms. Running Sub ohm tanks required a lot more airflow which cools it down. So it gets up to temp quicker but more airflow cools it down basically. Side effect is you go through more juice. I don't run my sub tank very often as it is more of a treat as I don't want to get used to that much vapor as my body may require it to be satisfied if it gets used to it over a period of time. This is only my opinion and others may differ in their opinion. CHEERS!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I agree with wheelie but will add that you will want to use 24 - 28ga kanthal when going subohm. That's an approx range. And yes, you will go through the juice.

Edit: I would also recommend that you use a lower nic level than you are use to, say around 3 - 6mg. IMO! You'll still get the nic satisfaction but without the harshness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread