Contest Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
3) Do you still have a cigarette every now and then? If so, what are your impressions when you have one?

I have not had one since April 6, 2014. I still have the occasional dream about smoking, although I've noticed more recently that, in such dreams, I have begun to mention that I vape instead of smoke, so I guess the psychological shift is still a work in progress. These dreams, perhaps, also go hand-in-hand with the rare urge or wistful memory of smoking, but all I need as a reminder to stay away from cigs is a walk past a smoking section at the mall... and the memory of one further experience that I had when I first started vaping:

I had an entire carton of cigs left when I bought my ego starter kit. Using smoker's logic, I was not going to let the cigs go to waste, but the more I vaped, the nastier the cigs began to taste. It looked as if quitting was going to be a real possibility--and that I would never reach the end of the carton. However, two weeks in, the heads in my clearos died and the B&M I had purchased the kit from was inexplicably out of replacements. I found that my cigarette intake, which had fallen to about 4-5 per day (and was continuing to head lower) quickly returned to nearly a PAD! That lasted for about three or four days until the replacements came in and I could finally finish the carton--and not purchase any cigarettes since. That experience proved to me just how easily I could slip back into the habit--and the best way to avoid such a fate is to have a vape at hand, several backups available, and refrain from even indulging in curiosity...

Reactions: spacekitty

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Some folks may find this strange - I still have 2 packs of smoke in the fridge - carton was bought end of Apr/early May last year - finished the previous carton shortly after that. My last smoke was when I finished a pack and decided not to open the next one. Those two packs have been sitting in the fridge for coming up on a year - they would probably be real nasty if I tried one now.
I leave them there to serve as a reminder. Have thought about maybe having some sort of ceremony at the 1 year mark and doing something with them - never know, they might still be there in another year or two.

Reactions: spacekitty

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
2) How has vaping affected your life?
I am so much healthier........I can walk up stairs without losing my breath and as of this year I have been working out 1-3 times a week...
I love ECF and the people I have met here online and don't know where I would be without it...

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
2) How has vaping affected your life?

I can breath easily, don't get out of breath when exerted, skin and teeth are cleaner, healthier and even things like athlete's foot cleared up. I can afford to vape and rest easily that I won't run out of nicotine liquid like I always did with cigarettes. Everything around me is cleaner and doesn't smell like dirty ashtrays. And I have encouraged others to quit smoking just because they saw that it worked for me.

Also have made new friends along the way through vaping and forums and other social media.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
3) Do you still have a cigarette every now and then? If so, what are your impressions when you have one?

No. I haven't had a cigarette in 2 years. But, unfortunately, my roommate still smokes and... It gags me and I can no longer stand the smell of them. I can smell a smoker yards away from me, and I cringe.

Thanks for the contest, Nick!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
2.) How has vaping affected your life?
Vaping saved me. I tried to stop smoking so many times, and I just could not stop. I breathe better, smell better, feel better, no more migraines, and according to the doctor my heart and lungs are in perfect shape right now. I have so much faith in vaping, because i feel that it saved my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread