Join the Army Subasidal tendencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
What is it that you don't like about that vape Nancy?

I thought at first it was just the leaking, but like this build I haven't had that issue, but it just doesn't have the flavor or anything I like with the marquis, I haven't given up on it yet, as I didn't care for the marquis either til I found a good build on it for me

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I thought at first it was just the leaking, but like this build I haven't had that issue, but it just doesn't have the flavor or anything I like with the marquis, I haven't given up on it yet, as I didn't care for the marquis either til I found a good build on it for me

I just had a look at Rip's review of the Marquis. I've seen that style before but I haven't tried one myself. Definitely an interesting rda.

Builds are important to get what you want. I'm curious what you've tried so far with the Magma. That looks to me like it could give great flavor if it's set up right just like the Marquis.

This evening I changed my Mutation X setup from 0.43 ohms with 24 gauge to 0.85 ohms with 27 gauge and I'm a lot happier with this on the Sigelei at around 40 watts. It's a better vape from less power in the MX but it can be pushed to 70 watts with no burning and not the same kind of flavor change the first setup gave me. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in other RDAs.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
First cloud video I ever made just for you guys lol. Let me know if it uploads right.
Mod: XXIX with mutation x

Build:
4 wrap dual parallel twisted 26 gauge .1 ohmshttps://vimeo.com/125536526

Btw I don't actually vape like that. Had to prop my phone up and didn't know if the camera was high enough so I had to bend down. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Gary for the rockin video :headbang:

Real subohm tanking.

ddf01f8e66fc642cfc5697e4be308aca.jpg

Nice!!!!!

Gotta run my new coil is being delivered

3762940938_66b2521cfd_b.jpg

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ryedan, I've been building nearly everything with 27g lately.

Yup, 27 has been my go-to wire for my mech mods for all day vape builds for a while too. I find it performs very well in the 0.3-0.9 ohm range in typical dual and triple coil RDAs and single and dual coil Kayfun style attys. It's also stiff enough to stuff rayon into multiple times without deforming the coils which is nice too.

I've been using 24 gauge for the higher power mech mod builds in the MX at around 0.2 ohms, 65'ish watts max and that has worked very well for me too.

But this experience with the Sigelei running the MX with 27 gauge at 0.85 ohms, 6V and 43 watts is a new one for me. There is no way that 43 watts in a mechanical could ever vape as well as this does. And it is very, very good :)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Hey, Nancy. Is the magma a clone?

If so does it have the flat instead of the domed cap inside?

Im just wondering, my first magma clone was the flat cap version and i could not figure out how to make it work good, Tasted ok, but didnt seem to work like it is supposed to. Turns out the airholes are too small and not drilled correctly. Come to find out this is a major complaint of these versions Along with lacking in vapor output.

Last edited:

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Hey, Nancy. Is the magma a clone?

If so does it have the flat instead of the domed cap inside?

Im just wondering, my first magma clone was the flat cap version and i could not figure out how to make it work good, Tasted ok, but didnt seem to work like it is supposed to. Turns out the airholes are too small and not drilled correctly. Come to find out this is a major complaint of these versions Along with lacking in vapor output.

It is a clone, but it has the doomed inside, and it is getting plenty of air. The big thing on it to watch for the air flow is the acr, if upside down it doesn't fully line up with the air holes

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well my Subasidal friends, the forum software changeover is almost here and I'm looking forward to the new ECF.

I received my Ti and Ni wire this evening and I'm enjoying a modified (and royally messed up :facepalm:) Trident with a single coil Ni build right now. I'll be experimenting more in the next couple of days so I'll have lots to do :)

Be well, vape on and see you all on the other side :thumb:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
My favorite atty is the Haze I like the coating on the drip tip and lots of room to work plus with the dual air slots you can have all the air you could possibly need wide open I run it with just 2 slots open most of the time when Im around .5 but If I get down to around .2 or I want to run it on regulated at high watts its nice to open it up to the 4 air slots.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
If someone wants to go threw the leg work and get a Tshirt set up from an American company that has American Tshirts I would spring for the cost of the Shirts for the ones of us that post in the thread now Im thinking Id have the 6 or 10 what ever the number made then each person could pay for the shipping for them by contacting if maker your self If you all are interested lets get one designed and figure out the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread