Should Children be Allowed to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?

Should there be an Age Limit to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?

• I believe you should be an Adult (18 Years or Older) to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

• I believe Anyone at Any Age should be able to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
And people wonder why the anti-ecig legislation is coming at us from all sides. We can't even get vapers to read the latest info on nicotine and vaping.

Most states already have laws against minors purchasing e-cigs, those compromises aren't stopping them from going after more.

Sent from my zombie defense stronghold using Tapatalk - now Free

Reactions: Jman8

cloudykitty

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Aurora, CO, USA
I also feel that this is a no-brainer. Nicotine is a drug. I wouldn't want my kid or any kid for that matter, to have an easier path to getting hooked on anything.

If she wanted to try a no nic juice for purely for the flavor aspect, I'd be OK with it if the Mr. or I bought the juice and supervised it. But not until she's a bit older, she's 10 right now. We'd still have all the stuff out of her access until she was legal age to get it herself.

Reactions: zoiDman

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I hope that the 90% do understand that their choice is paving the way for more interference of police with their children, and events like these:

Upper Arlington: UAHS student busted for possession of e-cigarettes | ThisWeek Community News

Ohio High School Reverses Suspension of Student After Video of Police Aggression Goes Viral (Updated) - PINAC

As a parent I would want to keep the police out of the life of my children for everything but the most violent incidents (where there is a clear and immediate threat to life).

Otherwise don't be surprised when someone gets tasered (or worse) for vaping.

Reactions: Woofer

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Oh Yeah... Kids are going to get Tazed Left and Right.

They will. And you won't be able to have any recourse in court, because at that point the law will be on police side. They will be protecting the children from "harming themselves". By popular demand from people asking for police to have more and more power over their children, and glorious government responding to such demand through appropriate laws.

Mom sues after cops tased her 8-year-old - CNN.com

Go ahead, make my day, vote for your children being brutalized by police for a strawberry cigalike. Be prepared to have to go to take them out of county jail too. "Resisting in handing a nicotine delivery system to a police officer when requested" or some other BS that will unfortunately be law.

BlackCat7

May 15, 2015
I think anything addictive could effect a younger brain more than an adult brain, so nic most likely isn't a good idea for children. That being said I think the government should stay out of people's business, so I don't think there should be a law against selling to minors. There's no age limit on drinking in many countries and that removes the mistique. It's not a "right of passage" or something special and interesting if you aren't banned from doing it till a certain age, and I think the same thing happens with cigarettes, too. It's a shame, and I would prefer if that didn't happen with vaping. Alas, I don't think I can do much about it.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I received some Flak from a Few Members in another thread when I Posted that I am in Favor of Not Selling e-Liquids that contain Nicotine to Children or Minors.

So I am Curious if Other Members think there should be an Age Limit to buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?

Or if Anyone should be able to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine at Any Age?
your poll was a little slanted I think When you say children at any age buy with nicotine I would have to say no but 18 is to high in my opinion I think the age should have been set at 13 -rationale at about 13 is the time kids start experimenting with cigarettes and sadly but absolutely truth many youngsters as early as 13 are already trying on some other more mind bending products - I would far rather give a kid a vape than a cig or that other stuff.

Reactions: KattMamma

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
your poll was a little slanted I think When you say children at any age buy with nicotine I would have to say no but 18 is to high in my opinion I think the age should have been set at 13 -rationale at about 13 is the time kids start experimenting with cigarettes and sadly but absolutely truth many youngsters as early as 13 are already trying on some other more mind bending products - I would far rather give a kid a vape than a cig or that other stuff.

The 18 Years or Over was Specifically Chosen for this Poll for a Reason.

And that is because 18 Years or Older is the Age Limit that is what is being Purposed by the FDA in its Deeming as a National Law.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I think age restriction and any/all forms of similar prohibition should be lifted.

As you said kids under 18 still smoke.. vaping would be a better alternative, and its easier for them to get cigs then juice in a lot of situations, that should be changed

People think that without law and restrictions the world would just fall apart... infants would be smoking and MY GOD IT WOULD BE ANARCHY AND CHAOS

I disagree entirely. Raise your kid that smoking is bad... they'll stear clear regardless. If they dont you need to look at what youre doing as a parent, not ways that the government can babysit your kid because you were unwilling to take the time to do it yourself

Yeah, I'd have to agree with all that.

But I don't think I can really vote in the poll, because I find a vast, VAST difference between an 8yr old and a 15-16yr old, and I surely can't be the only one. I think it has to be acknowledged that those most at risk of smoking are adolescents, and because of that, they should have unhindered access to all vape products. Nicotine is less harmful than caffeine because even a slight OD of nicotine is going to cause barfing -- there's some serious negative reinforcement for anything! It's better for a 15 yr old to vape 18mg of nicotine on a regular basis than smoke even one -- or one more -- cigarette.

My vote would be something like, anyone in their teens should be able to buy vape products. But I'm aware that others don't feel that way, and that I am a lonesome voice out of left field.

Andria

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

My vote would be something like, anyone in their teens should be able to buy vape products. But I'm aware that others don't feel that way, and that I am a lonesome voice out of left field.

Andria

You could Always do another Poll and have Individual Year Cut-Off.

Starting with No Age Limit and then working it's way up to what you think would be the Highest Age someone might choose.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
The 18 Years of Over was Specifically Chosen for this Poll for a Reason.

And that is because 18 Years or Older is the Age Limit that is what is being Purposed by the FDA in its Deeming as a National Law.
I understand or at least I sort of understand the vaping community is terribly concerned about the FDA and deeming -(what ever deeming is) however I still believe the age restriction should be at puberty ie 13 to agree and slant to 18 does a disservice to young people and gives the impression that vaping is like smoking - it is not - but I understand why all the suppliers and the vaping support groups are standing on need to be 18 STILL I think they are wrong the struggle should be 13 in order to differentiate the vaping situation AND to provide choice /and or benefit to any kids who are thinking cigarettes-my opinion

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You could Always do another Poll and have Individual Year Cut-Off.

Starting with No Age Limit and then working it's way up to what you think would be the Highest Age someone might choose.

Seems kinda pointless. There are going to be age limits like those on any other "tobacco product" even though, factually speaking, it isn't really -- since things are just whatever the gov't says they are. :facepalm: But kids have always managed to get cigarettes and alcohol despite the laws against it, so I'm hopeful that those who truly need and want e-cigs so they don't smoke, will be able to get some kind of e-cigs, even if it's just the drugstore variety. Those *can* work, if someone really wants them to, and has no experience with anything better.

Andria

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I don't care if 13 year olds are going to vape or smoke, whether there are laws against them buying them or not. I don't see any reason to make it easier for them. Of course it should be 18. If a kids parent wants to buy them an e-cig to get them off cigarettes, or so they can blow clouds, that's on them, same as with drinking or other age restricted products...

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

But I don't think I can really vote in the poll, because I find a vast, VAST difference between an 8yr old and a 15-16yr old, and I surely can't be the only one. I think it has to be acknowledged that those most at risk of smoking are adolescents, and because of that, they should have unhindered access to all vape products. Nicotine is less harmful than caffeine because even a slight OD of nicotine is going to cause barfing -- there's some serious negative reinforcement for anything! It's better for a 15 yr old to vape 18mg of nicotine on a regular basis than smoke even one -- or one more -- cigarette.

Andria
I think the number of 8 year olds who could/would venture into a vape shop and plunk down $50 for a starter kit is incredibly small...

Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it would happen.

Reactions: KattMamma

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I don't care if 13 year olds are going to vape or smoke, whether there are laws against them buying them or not. I don't see any reason to make it easier for them. Of course it should be 18. If a kids parent wants to buy them an e-cig to get them off cigarettes, or so they can blow clouds, that's on them, same as with drinking or other age restricted products...
why do you think it needs to be age restricted is chocolate or cola age restricted? now of course I realize we will likely disagree and that is okay but my opinion as likely yours also is conditional on our own personal experiences regarding smoking no one even remotely suggested smoking was in any way bad or an addiction until I was thirty years old and I personally did have my first cigarette experience at about eleven years old and while I smoked I refused to feel any sense of shame tobacco had benefits to me even though I prefer vaping now

Reactions: AndriaD

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
why do you think it needs to be age restricted is chocolate or cola age restricted? now of course I realize we will likely disagree and that is okay but my opinion as likely yours also is conditional on our own personal experiences regarding smoking no one even remotely suggested smoking was in any way bad or an addiction until I was thirty years old and I personally did have my first cigarette experience at about eleven years old and while I smoked I refused to feel any sense of shame tobacco had benefits to me even though I prefer vaping now

If chocolate and soda had tobacco derived nicotine, then yes, I think they should be age restricted things...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I'm in the camp of that's the parents responsibility. I don't however feel that it should be law, for the simple fact that it's still the best way to get off cigs. Plenty of underage smokers that could benefit from these devices.

Underage smokers don't vape to quit smoking; they vape for a buzz, because they can without being caught as easy as smoking, or to blow clouds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread