Status
Not open for further replies.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
mine fired rite up w/TI, wonder what the deal is........and yours is not jumping wattage like i described?....did you lower your temp with the TI, have mine set at 370.

forgot to mention my screen has dimmed a few times also.

this new software is a trip, prob gonna take my slow _ss a few days to get it down.

damped

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2015
Netherlands
FD v3 arrived, I opened the Waidea VF (not the first time and also not the last I think) for a closer look and to put that spring-loaded 510 connection in it.
First thing I discovered was a bad solder on the pcb GRND connection, solved that one first, I didn't remove the crimp-hose so I hope there aren't more bad solders on the pcb's and wires like that one.

0zv2Jcc.jpg

I cut the loop of the ground wire and cut the positive wire just below the fixed 510, stripped them a little and solder the copper ground solder tap and the 510 pin positive.

pM1WWya.jpg

jIPXP4U.jpg

PCuA3pv.jpg

Checking if all will fit before assembling , there is a space above in the sled where the ground solder tap will fit.
05JHsDz.jpg

Ln6JouD.jpg

Screwing the bottom retainer on the delrin can be a pain in the ..., almost no space and you must get it right first time because the fragile thread is damaged before you know, be careful with that.
After assuring everything fits, with no damaged wires etc. you can put the sled back without force.

WshmCTU.jpg

And ready to hit again

Cxv295p.jpg

First time when I put it together and turning a atty on it I saw a very little scratch on the top-plate, the 510 was a minimal below the the plate.
So I had to remove the 510 again and put a small washer .4 (better a thinner one but at that moment I could not find any) under it, now atty's won't touch the plate but it,s not completely flush anymore, I will use a thinner washer next time.
Now it look like this and I am pretty happy with the result.

qAoMl1R.jpg

I will open the flask again when I find a simple reliable solution for the chassis ground issue, still searching for better top-screws also.
Just a impression from what I did, It's not a easy thing to do and if you are planning this upgrade be sure you got the skills and tools for the job.
BTW the Ohm reading is stable with the FD v3.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Sorry to hear that, I was worried mine had issues when I couldn't get the titanium wire in my first build to ever get up to temperature, but using 28g nickel it works like a charm (other than having to set the temp extra high to make up for the legs in the Lemo 2 post holes).

-Treeburner

Treeburner,

Is the any reason you are using the post holes instead of just wrapping under the screw heads?

I use the screw head for the reason you mentioned I thought the extra length to get at the post holes could be a problem.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Treeburner,

Is the any reason you are using the post holes instead of just wrapping under the screw heads?

I use the screw head for the reason you mentioned I thought the extra length to get at the post holes could be a problem.
I gave up on the post holes myself. Even with a bit of kanthal in the hole with the ni200, I would break through the nickel before getting a constant ohm reading. Wrapping around the post screws gets me a constant ohm reading every time.

HD

Reactions: dwcraig1

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
Got my silver Waidea VF a few days ago...I purchased it on a whim, not expecting too much, but I'm loving it. Fit and finish is great on mine, even the battery screw plates are pretty smooth. I am still waiting on my Ni200 wire and OCC coils to arrive, so have not used TC yet...but even in kanthal mode, it has functioned flawlessly, love it...hell, I would love it even if it didn't have TC. Now I have a black one on order... :)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
It's a Vulcan clone that I drilled the center post for BF, bigger air holes on the sides also.
a bit OT but thinking about getting an authentic - good deal at £16! Seems a bit tobh'ish to me but I love the thumbscrews on the posts. Not so enamoured with the restricted AF though but you cured that it seems!

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Treeburner,

After building on 3 Lemos every day for so long I'm just used to using the post holes and have perfected where to pre-bend the wire. Going to try wrapping around the screws tonight.

-Treeburner

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
After building on 3 Lemos every day for so long I'm just used to using the post holes and have perfected where to pre-bend the wire. Going to try wrapping around the screws tonight.

-Treeburner
I would think that the coil legs would be considerably shorter using the screws...maybe?

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
for anyone who cares, my kangxin is still going strong. Even the down button is still ok. I thought it was sinking but seems ok still! fingers crossed!
I've had my Kangxin for a couple of weeks. It has been working perfect as well.

HD

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Just a bunch of bits and pieces here (thinking out loud).
Evolv sent back the two boards that I sent in for screen replacement, they sent back two brand new boards. Kudos to Evolv.
W Flask reports "atomizer low" at 0.07Ω.
My friend got his W clone yesterday also, he ask why he had to turn it up to 24 watts to achieve his 20 watt vape. I'll get on to figuring that out here shortly.
When I first got tracking email from USA warehouse it only said "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" or whatever. I thought Focal was still sitting on it but my bad, USPS in North Carolina never scanned it. Came Priority and with juice.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Re: above post. I measured to voltage from the base of the atty and it's center post on Evolv DNA40 and Rayn. Both set to 20 watts with a 1Ω kanthal load. Evolv board displayed 4.38 volts with 4.28 at the atty and the clone board displayed 4.44 volts with 4.30 at the atty.
I think the 1 second delay in firing is tripping up my friend...or something else.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
i think mine did come from N.C. & also had jooze (orange dreamcicle), because it sat in Jackson N.C. for 2 days.....but it did take 14 days all together from the time i ordered...

also when i e-mailed them about the ground problem they gave me a N.C. addy to send it back to at my expense....now i'm really wondering if i should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread