Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Just an update on the Arabic from RTS, I said it was not the same anymore.. I'm guessing this is due to age..

Ive been using the arabic for almost 2 years. Usually 3.3% was good... But the latest bottle from rts tasted off.. I did a test yesterday and added 1% to my 3.5 to make it 4.5% and its much better. TH is back, however the flavor profile is not the same.. I'm missing the Arabic spice note, its barely detectable. So I can account for a 25% reduction in flavor strength and a change in flavor profile...

I'm guessing the bulk concentrate is over a year old maybe two.. Otherwise it was mixed with something else when they bottled it.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah, I think the bulk barrel of arabic is aging at RTS, it was great last year.... Also the Arabic from buy hangsen was a little off as well but it was over a year old.. So since RTS was right on last time, last year, i ordered 30ml and yeah not the best.

I think a year after production the flavors start to fade. I also think its an issue with flavors tasting right and percentages. I had to go up 30% on my flavor and I'm still missing notes I'm familiar with.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
That's the problem with hangsen. Because it's made from real tobacco alkaloids there is a shelf life unlike Chemically produced flavoring. But that's what makes hangsen so good. That's really the fault of the venders over calculating demand or ordering to much to take advantage of bulk pricing. This prevents them from properly rotating there stock and the end result is the vender selling expired product.. Don't get me wrong because no one here is doing this but It's some times unfair when people blame this on hangsen when it's really the resellers fault. So when this happens to me I don't loose my faith in Hangsen I loose my faith with the reseller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixie1954

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I've got some old USA Red from over a year ago that was re-bottled that has also lost most of it's flavor. It was originally good but has passed it's prime time. I got new original bottles in from BCV and think I will just toss what's left of my old flavoring and start fresh.

Yeah then add in how long thier bulk was sitting before you actually received it.. It could be much older..

Definitely love the hangsens, just want a steady Fresh supply.

Problem with bullcity and the likes is that the selection is very limited..

A direct from China *fresh* source, with great selection, would be great

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Good to hear, I recently posted the question of alkaloids being in the hangsen tobaccos. You know how people get the WTA to add to thier chemical blends.. Well I think we have alkaloids already in our flavorings..

Could be another reason the hangsens are my favorite.

Hangsen will always benefit from adding more TA or WTA. I add TA to every hangsen mix. It makes it just that much more tobacco realistic.. Adding TA or WTA will also help compensate for that loss in flavor from expired product.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I have something odd to report in terms of percentages. I usually mix HS flavors anywhere between 3 and 5 percent, but when it comes to Red, I have to go even lower. 3% is usually OK for me, but when I took it down to 1.5% for a friend, I found it a very pleasant vape. Some subtle flavors are coming out that I didn't know existed. Has anyone noticed such a thing, or am I just imagining?

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Just an update on the Arabic from RTS, I said it was not the same anymore.. I'm guessing this is due to age..

Ive been using the arabic for almost 2 years. Usually 3.3% was good... But the latest bottle from rts tasted off.. I did a test yesterday and added 1% to my 3.5 to make it 4.5% and its much better. TH is back, however the flavor profile is not the same.. I'm missing the Arabic spice note, its barely detectable. So I can account for a 25% reduction in flavor strength and a change in flavor profile...

I'm guessing the bulk concentrate is over a year old maybe two.. Otherwise it was mixed with something else when they bottled it.
That's a tough one. See, if they can't sell it then they'll discontinue to stock it. Hangsen has a $2000 Minimum Order Quantity.

We get mad at old stock, stop buying what's deemed old stock, then when the vendor needs to reorder are they going to include that flavor? Can we blame them if they don't? Yet we're right to be annoyed with old stock with deteriorated flavor.

With that kind of MOQ it gets tricky. Can they mix and match that MOQ? I almost understand why some vendors stopped carrying Hangsen.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I have something odd to report in terms of percentages. I usually mix HS flavors anywhere between 3 and 5 percent, but when it comes to Red, I have to go even lower. 3% is usually OK for me, but when I took it down to 1.5% for a friend, I found it a very pleasant vape. Some subtle flavors are coming out that I didn't know existed. Has anyone noticed such a thing, or am I just imagining?

I've actually not tried red in a while but I recall that many didn't like it because of it's ashy taste. This taste was taken by many as being caused by over flavoring but in fact it was more about just not liking the ashy taste then over flavoring. The same is said about inaweras DNB which adds that ashy taste to tobacco, some like it some hate it and some think that taste is caused by using to much. So I don't think its more about the amount used then individual taste. If I recall I used it at 7% and found it just fine but then again that was the taste I was aiming for. I've since moved on to inaweras S'camel which is a similure type to red. But I think I will revisit red very soon.

Last edited:

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Yeah but banggood does have a good selection, except for Arabic! If they started carrying hangsen concentrates that would be awesome...

I also found great deals on rbas and stuff too. Cheaper than focal.

Email them to carry the concentrates, I did hoping with enough requests they might just do that !

LVThundercat

Apr 13, 2015
Las Vegas
Hello guys and gals. I apologize if this has been answered before. I'm a newb to ecigs and to this forum and have tried to search this thread but couldn't find the answer so far.

What percentage range do I use for USA mix lights? do I start at 5% and work my way up? or is that too low/high to begin with.

thank you in advance.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Just been vaping on some HS RY4 18mg for a couple of days now to see what all the fuss was about. Prior to the HS RY4 I tasted some Dekang Cigar Empire and that stuff was junk, it tastes like burnt phenolic even after two weeks of steeping. Poured everything out and wash my tank and changed a new wick and poured in some HS RY4. I detect some of the same burnt phenolic as with the DK Cigar Empire, but not as harsh.

Anyone else taste the same with HS RY4 ? If this is suppose to the best/genuine RY4 I don't think RY4 is going to be a keeper !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread