Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I think the people who are running into the rattlesnake sound like Phil did are trying to run it like they did the dna40 and set the joules all the way and adjust temp to suit preference. That works pretty well on a dna40, but I think the sx350j is better suited to set a max temp and then adjust joules. I've never run into a rattlesnake sound doing it this way, even when I run my wick almost completely dry.

(note: I have no science to back this up, just my own observations and talking to other owners)
I tend to agree with you on this. I usually run at 14-22 Joules and set my temp in the mid 400 range depending on the juice. When I set the Joules higher the pulsation is more noticeable and not as smooth a vape. I am finding a much more enjoyable vape at the lower Joules settings. I also usually run in Powerful mode but use the Soft mode when I find myself in more of a relaxed setting.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I tend to agree with you on this. I usually run at 14-22 Joules and set my temp in the mid 400 range depending on the juice. When I set the Joules higher the pulsation is more noticeable and not as smooth a vape. I am finding a much more enjoyable vape at the lower Joules settings. I also usually run in Powerful mode but use the Soft mode when I find myself in more of a relaxed setting.
That's just like me mine tastes great at about 18J. 410 degrees. Have you guys decided what resistance works the best. My first coil is .1 and works well. I am on day 3 and it gets a little anemic if I chain vape but let it sit a few minutes and it is just like new. 7 wrap 29awg tempered 3mm. Going to try an 8 wrap just regular NI200 28awg. I know they recommend .065 so was kinda wondering if I should do a 7 wrap should come out about.08

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Phil's traces show it.

So you cant provide the conditions or reference something other than someone else's pics and your stating that as base of your facts? I guess if "Phill's traces show it" then you could at least grab the pic your referencing and try to assume the conditions that your basing your facts and show us ...

Reactions: Fir3b1rd

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
did you run it till dead? I don't know how I got that from a 25r. especially at those settings.

msloud that wrap is too cool. I have the lavender rings too. is that a full or mini sub? I really need a wrap to protect it this time. s-class is mirror finish now.

if I run it out of juice I get dry hits. I don't mean empty but too fast. how could it prevent that or are my settings too high? dna does the same.

I could put it on scope if no one has. not tonight though.
It'sa Mini with pink o-rings :p

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
So you cant provide the conditions or reference something other than someone else's pics and your stating that as base of your facts? I guess if "Phill's traces show it" then you could at least grab the pic your referencing and try to assume the conditions that your basing your facts and show us ...

Phil's videos have already been posted, I am not going to post them again. Watch them if you are confused.

EDIT: They more or less confirm your traces so I don't know why you are being disingenuous about it.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Phil's videos have already been posted, I am not going to post them again. Watch them if you are confused.

And that's pretty much how I expected you to respond. You persist in trying to educate everyone at ever turn yet I have never seen you substantiate anything you've presented. Congratulations on being the first on my ignore list. I sure hope it works.

Reactions: Fir3b1rd

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
And that's pretty much how I expected you to respond. You persist in trying to educate everyone at ever turn yet I have never seen you substantiate anything you've presented. Congratulations on being the first on my ignore list. I sure hope it works.

Lol with what, scope traces? News flash ... 99% of the discussion about any board or device does not require substantiation by scope trace. And the 1% that does can be substantiated with reliable traces from other sources. Your own traces show what I'm talking about.

A scope trace is just a record of observable data. The live data is available on both of these boards, and is granular enough to back up everything I say.

99% of vapers don't plot battery discharge curves but we can confirm someone else's plot by observation.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
There's an ignore list???
There used to be but it wasn't very effective because the posters name would still show up as would the quotes.

The ideal would be a list that would hide every trace of a person so you wouldn't even know it existed but that's not easy to implement.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Reactions: ZeroOhm

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
There used to be but it wasn't very effective because the posters name would still show up as would the quotes.

The ideal would be a list that would hide every trace of a person so you wouldn't even know it existed but that's not easy to implement.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Well they seem to have implemented it pretty well. No user, replies or quotes anywhere that I can tell.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Funny how their were people that totally rebuffed Phil's statements when he gave a second review on the DNA40 but now use him as a reference.
trl.gif

Reactions: Vlad1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread