Eleaf Lemo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartoffelfaust

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
USA
I use a similiar approach, though less futzing around. I've found if you are using max vg, rayon works best - easier to to trim, and "glue" to the deck away from the channels. But that's just my experience.

With either wicking material:
- absolutely keep the channels clear. 24g kanthal folded in half works, so do tweezers or a small precision screwdriver.
- keep a decent amount touching the deck near the channels, or it wont wick worth a darn

subby

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney, Aus
Thanks for the reply, so I want to pack the cotton next to the coil deck. So that I can see the juice channels.

Am I interpreting that correctly?

Yes. You do not necessarily need to see the channels but it helps, just make sure that none of the wick sitting on the flat part of the deck is going down into either of the 2 small channels. Ive found that if any wick goes down into those channels it causes blocking of the flow of liquid causing 2 problems. flooding and dry hits.

Reactions: 52anddone

kartoffelfaust

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
USA
Yes. You do not necessarily need to see the channels but it helps, just make sure that none of the wick sitting on the flat part of the deck is going down into either of the 2 small channels. Ive found that if any wick goes down into those channels it causes blocking of the flow of liquid causing 2 problems. flooding and dry hits.

For thinner liquids, the above is correct - the lemo is a little more forgiving. For max VG, you must be able to see the channels.

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
Currently running a build on 26 Kanthal twisted 6 wraps on 3mm .7-.8 ohm. A bit go a better flavour then the stock coil. But still not completely settled foreign reason. I'm finding it way too hot of a vape for my liking to get the vapour production that I'm happy with. I might have to try Higher Ohms. Im thinking trying out a twisted 30 kanthal 8-10 wraps on 2.4mm. Does anyone think it could solve the flavour issue? Im just thinking based on surface area and small diameter coil might help. Any thought on this?

DiggleTree

Apr 7, 2015
Houston,TX
Currently running a build on 26 Kanthal twisted 6 wraps on 3mm .7-.8 ohm. A bit go a better flavour then the stock coil. But still not completely settled foreign reason. I'm finding it way too hot of a vape for my liking to get the vapour production that I'm happy with. I might have to try Higher Ohms. Im thinking trying out a twisted 30 kanthal 8-10 wraps on 2.4mm. Does anyone think it could solve the flavour issue? Im just thinking based on surface area and small diameter coil might help. Any thought on this?

I built the same twisted coil but was still having flavor/wicking issues. Went to 26g 8 wrap on 3mm kanthal build, was still not getting it. Put the stock coil back in and got my wick working okish. Still having some issues with it. I have to tilt it 45degrees to get bubbles from the juice channels.

I dunno whats up, its my first RTA so Im sure its operator error. But disappointed I cant get this rig going, since I was so excited to get it. Might have to pull the Atlantis out of retirement ugg. Also its kind of a PITA to remove the deck and tweak the wick/build.

RedheadedBStarD

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I built the same twisted coil but was still having flavor/wicking issues. Went to 26g 8 wrap on 3mm kanthal build, was still not getting it. Put the stock coil back in and got my wick working okish. Still having some issues with it. I have to tilt it 45degrees to get bubbles from the juice channels.

I dunno whats up, its my first RTA so Im sure its operator error. But disappointed I cant get this rig going, since I was so excited to get it. Might have to pull the Atlantis out of retirement ugg. Also its kind of a PITA to remove the deck and tweak the wick/build.

Next time the tank is empty re-wick it and leave more room around the juice channels. The wick will move toward the channels sometimes as it breaks in.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Just thought I'd mention a production change I noticed between my two Lemo 2's....

Seems they shortened the drip tip a bit. I believe the first one I got from MVS with the longer drip tip to be the earlier production. Didn't notice any other changes, other then the 2nd one had far less machine oil smell.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Just thought I'd mention a production change I noticed between my two Lemo 2's....

Seems they shortened the drip tip a bit. I believe the first one I got from MVS with the longer drip tip to be the earlier production. Didn't notice any other changes, other then the 2nd one had far less machine oil smell.
Hmm...any chance you could post a pic when you get a chance?

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Any tips for dismantling the lemo 2? Mine just came in the mail and I am trying to break it down. I feel like if I twist any harder I am going to damage something. Trying to remove the base and top section.

Both of mine also came very tight out of the box. Maybe throw it in the freezer for 10 minutes and see if that helps.

When you assemble it after building it, lube the seals with eliquid. That will help make it easier to take apart the next go round. You will find that it needs to be tight to make it easier to open the fill port without unscrewing the top cap instead by accident.

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
I get massive amounts of flavor with my build. .6mm ribbon with 3 strands of 2 mm silica. Reads 1.7 ohm. I crank it up to 20 watts. I just changed my flavor to Inawera Biscuit. Tastes like I stuffed my mouth with a whole box of Lorna Doone cookies ! :D I love this tank !
What does the coil look like? And please post a pic when you have a chance. I'm trying to find out the best flavor coil for this tank.

DiggleTree

Apr 7, 2015
Houston,TX
Before and after shots of my wicking. The before moved because the chimney spun while opening the tank. Anyway, any suggestions?
20150424_204922.jpeg
20150424_205033.jpeg
20150424_212608.jpg

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Does it keep up? To me, it looks like there isn't enough cotton.

For the first time, tonight I tried a suggestion I read in the original Lemo thread awhile back:

I threaded my wick through the coil as I normally would, putting the tails up "bunny ear" style and screwing on the lower chimney. (FWIW, I clip the tails about 3/16" above the lower chimney tube)

But before tucking the tails down to the deck, I doubled over a piece of 26ga kanthal and stuck it into the juice channel. I then tucked the tails down, covering the lower deck. When I was happy with it, I pulled the kanthal and repeated on the other side.

It's been wicking fantastic with bubbles from each side. Although I never had an issue with the original Lemo because it's bottom filled, I was getting some seepage into the lower base section after a refill if I just left the channels exposed on the Lemo 2. This seems to be working well for the Lemo 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread