....... Duplicate post....

Attachments

• dragon welcome2.jpg
    dragon welcome2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 10

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 22, 2015
Thanks CES! Thanks,Rsunderl!
Well,I'll start with a more general questions then - are there people who are vaping tobacco e-liquids for months/years and didn't switch back to analogs? I like NET taste,but I'm still getting urges to smoke analogs,especially outside...

I'm using an eroll-c,but lately I've been thinking if it'd be more efficient to use a larger e-cig at home. I'd like some device that would have noticeably more flavor and that can last for quite some time;something with atomizers that can last longer(if thats possible)... I was thinking of a rebuildable ones,but I've slippery fingers. I tried making scale models in my childhood but always ended glueing them to myself.

Would some other joyetech device suffice? And,last thing,if this new device does produce more flavor,won't my erolls become "tasteless" in comparison?

Finally,if I ask something that's been asked before,do I get a lot of HATE? I was about to go for an "e-liquid and The Fridge" question.

Reactions: CES

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Seems you're in a normal progression with vaping. Most of us started with small "cig-a-likes" but found a somewhat larger unit was preferable. The battery lasts longer, the eliquid lasts longer, less refilling = more vaping. If you get a strange look vaping a big one in public....just repeat to yourself...."I'm not smoking...it's OK, I'm not smoking...so long as I don't smoke let them stare" :)

Also ask anything, nobody flames anyone here, we may not be smoking but we don't have nicotine fits either....:lol:

p.s. Welcome to ECF!!! :toast:

Welcome to ECF! And I started with 2 flavors both crappy cstore brands: tobacco and menthol. I noticed they made me think of the things I was trying to keep away from so I switched to trying some fruits and custards too. Now I keep several different juices around to switch to and it keeps me not always having that thought.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I started with tobacco and menthols, using a pen style. For me the urges to smoke went away when i found the right level of nicotine and got used to the differences in the inhale.

That was more than 5 years ago. I use lots of flavors now, rarely tobacco, and much, much less nicotine.

My go to set ups are iSticks with nautilus, GS16, or aspire tanks.

Careful with fridge storage- opening and closing can allow condensation (though others might tell you to keep liquids in the fridge) . I keep flavored liquids in cool and dark, and emergency backup unflavored base in the freezer.

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 22, 2015
Seems you're in a normal progression with vaping. Most of us started with small "cig-a-likes" but found a somewhat larger unit was preferable. The battery lasts longer, the eliquid lasts longer, less refilling = more vaping. If you get a strange look vaping a big one in public....just repeat to yourself...."I'm not smoking...it's OK, I'm not smoking...so long as I don't smoke let them stare" :)

Also ask anything, nobody flames anyone here, we may not be smoking but we don't have nicotine fits either....:lol:

p.s. Welcome to ECF!!! :toast:
Thanks for warm welcome! Would a joyetech's evic,for example,be a good choice?
I'm not really that much concerned about image in public,it's more of portability\habit thing that made me choose an e-roll. I really think that using such devices in public is somewhat steam-punkish, not weird.

After all,it's like "been reading an electronic book,smoked an e-cigarette,and thought to myself "this IS the future" :)

Welcome to ECF! And I started with 2 flavors both crappy cstore brands: tobacco and menthol. I noticed they made me think of the things I was trying to keep away from so I switched to trying some fruits and custards too. Now I keep several different juices around to switch to and it keeps me not always having that thought.

Thanks,Victor! My first flavors were rather crappy as well,mint and some artificial tobacco; third one was cola,and it made me think how wonderful it is to vape other stuff,besides the bread-tasting artificial tobacco I had. But then I discovered NETs,like goodejuice and n.e.t..com,and forgot about cola. Now I'm mixing stuff I got from these 2 sites every day,it's a lot of fun. I really hope I will remain satisfied with these flavors.

I started with tobacco and menthols, using a pen style. For me the urges to smoke went away when i found the right level of nicotine and got used to the differences in the inhale.

That was more than 5 years ago. I use lots of flavors now, rarely tobacco, and much, much less nicotine.

My go to set ups are iSticks with nautilus, GS16, or aspire tanks.

Careful with fridge storage- opening and closing can allow condensation (though others might tell you to keep liquids in the fridge) . I keep flavored liquids in cool and dark, and emergency backup unflavored base in the freezer.

Thanks for reply,CES!
Could you tell me what was the nicotine amount when you started and how gradually did you lower it? I order my NET liquids at 18mg,and other flavors at 12mg;before February,I was smoking around 12-14 red lucky strikes a day(for about 10 years). I'm not getting more nicotine now,am I?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The right amount of nicotine for you is whatever keeps you from smoking...:)

It can vary by not only the mg/mL but also from the type of rig you use, and how you puff on it, and of course how often. You can try a couple, few different strength eliquids. You may find you like a weaker one sitting at home with your feet up and a stronger one when stressed at work without much time to puff. Don't worry about cutting down on the nic, it's cutting out smoking to get it that is healthier.

Personally I've never tried an evic, not sure how good they are, someone else can field that. I like the iStick 30 watt batteries....very small, fully adjustable and will last all day.

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 22, 2015
The right amount of nicotine for you is whatever keeps you from smoking...:)

It can vary by not only the mg/mL but also from the type of rig you use, and how you puff on it, and of course how often. You can try a couple, few different strength eliquids. You may find you like a weaker one sitting at home with your feet up and a stronger one when stressed at work without much time to puff. Don't worry about cutting down on the nic, it's cutting out smoking to get it that is healthier.

Personally I've never tried an evic, not sure how good they are, someone else can field that. I like the iStick 30 watt batteries....very small, fully adjustable and will last all day.
Thanks for support,Stosh! It's true that whenever I've vape a lot(I'm using a couple of erolls,as I mentioned somewhere),cravings disappear,but how long will it take for the analog craving habit to disappear? It's been two months,but I still want to smoke from time to time,even though when people smoke around it smells quite horrid. How long did it take you to not want to smoke? Especially outside,where vape taste is much more subtle?

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 22, 2015
For everyone the cravings are different, some can resist any cigarette once their taste buds recover. For me, just seeing someone smoking on TV or the rack of pack at the gas station creates a mild craving, and I've been smoke-free for what will be 5 years this July.
Geez,so this is never going to end :) Because I feel about the same,except the mild part. It's partly because I always liked tobacco smell,even during childhood. What helps is using NETs and thinking it's just another way of "smoking". Somehow,my friends who quit don't feel the same,but they weren't smoking much,and aren't vaping now... Can you tell me what's your nic preference now(for various situations),and what was it in the beginning,if it changed at all?

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Nic preference as in amount.
24 when first started then 12 when started using rebuildable tanks. Now 4-5 on tanks and drippers.
This was only over a few months. Started of with ce4 clearos and quickly went to tanks.
If you start with tanks at 24 well may be too strong for some and others may then take longer to go down.
Most point out that the amount of nic you vape ( within reason usually 24mg or lower) is not that much of an issue.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
When I started I use 30-36 mg/mL juice, it's stronger than many vapers started with, but I smoked over 40 years at about 1 1/2 packs a day. I never worried about lowering the nicotine, but over the years have just because it felt right to me. I use 12-15 mg/mL now and it's enough to satisfy.

The cravings can be strong starting out, just try to ride them out and vape your brains out..;)
They will lessen over time, to where now I can go longer without vaping than I ever did smoking. The cravings for a vape are nowhere near as my cravings for a smoke used to be. Takes a bit of time for your body to adjust, but it's worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread