Status
Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
These links at the New OP System's Website maybe helpful for some to use as a kinda of "User's Guide" for the New Interface here on ECF: XenForo Tips & Guides | XenForo Community and XenForo FAQ

Now while I don't know how I did it yet - I have also been able to make Voltville Chat Thread a "Sticky" in "My" - "Watched Threads" List as soon as I find out how I did it and that it can be done again - I will come back to let people know . . . ;)
Uncle, I think that's because Imagine had stickied the Voltville Chat from the get-go.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Uncle, I think that's because Imagine had stickied the Voltville Chat from the get-go.

Nope - It's something different that is actually showing up in "My" Unread Watch Threads list - It has nothing to do with it being a "Sticky" in the "Smokeless Image" Sub-Forum . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)\

EDIT: To Add . . .
I finally learned what it is and what happened . . .
36_1_5.gif

AND - I AM TOO EMBARRASSED TO TELL YA' . . .
embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

However, "Cindy" - "You" were correct . . . :thumbs:

I went to the main list of threads and there are a number of different symbols - So it seems the pushpin is a symbol that is used to show when a Thread being Watched is a "Sticky" . . .
:facepalm:

Last edited:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Here's another daffodil taken the other day.

Of course, since then, spring has turned back to winter. It snowed a little yesterday and today. Nothing on the ground, though. Still, it's sort of disappointing, after last weekend being so nice.

So this is my experiment to see if the photo turns out the same. I think it will. Not only did ECF update, but my computer did, too, changing iPhoto to Photos, so now I have to learn the differences there, too. I guess adjusting to change keeps my brain young, since the older I get, the more difficult it becomes.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Good morning Volts. I'm afraid this new stuff is going to take longer for me to figure out than I've got at this time. I've got about a month of outdoor hard work weather left to get a lot accomplished. It seems to load pages a lot faster so that's a plus but not being able to find everything and not having it all in one place like I'm used to stinks. Hope everybody has a bodacious Saturday. I've got concrete to pour today and company coming for dinner so laterzz:nah:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Extra moanin', Volties.

I'm trying hard to like this new format and get used to it but it is a real uphill battle. Maybe after some time things will get added to make it better from my perspective. It is a very subjective thing, I know, but still.

I've done server and OS migrations and they are no fun. I've never done a database migration like this was and I do have to take my hat off to the ECF staff for getting it done as quickly as they did. I imagine there was lots of coffee, or maybe another "beverage" consumed along with a lot of anti-acid tablets.

Winter came back here, too. There was some frost when I walked Bo this morning just after sun up. I'm glad I didn't get the garden planted last weekend and will wait until next weekend, just to be safe.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

I know how you feel, Wuzz. I have a 34' patio cover ordered so we need to install gutters on the back side of the house, level out the ground and buy some lumber. The project really only should take about three days of work to install [gutters next weekend, frame, one day another weekend and roofing, one day after that]. Also....Hubby will need to put some bolts into the concrete which he will have to do when he has the time.

Then, there is the veggie garden to get done. The list goes on! Hopefully, we survive May and then enjoy a few hours of rest under the new patio cover in June.

SandySu - nice to see your photo.

Awsum - It's hard changing but we are stuck with it:)

Hi, Semi.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Have some coffee, peeps.

It is raining, yay, and it will be chilly today. I might build a fire to take the chill off the house. That way when I come in from working on the yard in the damp, I can warm up.

The weather says 34 degrees for the next two nights. Darn it. I don't want to have to unhook all the manifolds from the hose bibs. I might risk it and leave them on. When it says 34 it could easily go to 30.

I need to clean the house since I have been too busy to get that done for a couple of weeks. Also, weeding is still a priority.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just An FYI:

For those who might be interested and when "You" are ready to look (Well actually have nothing better to do with "Your" time and are not as busy as so many of Ya's are here ;) ) . . . A lot of "Tricks & Tips"/"How To's" have been added to the first post and discussions throughout the "Xen Foro" Thread . . .

Just thought I would let Ya' know . . . :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I looked at that thread yesterday and came to the conclusion that the first page was written from the advertising software for Xen Foro. Now there's another 20 pages of comments to try to weed through to find anything constructive. Why there can't be a simple "to do this click this and that" style locked thread beats me. To easy, maybe?

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I looked at that thread yesterday and came to the conclusion that the first page was written from the advertising software for Xen Foro. Now there's another 20 pages of comments to try to weed through to find anything constructive. Why there can't be a simple "to do this click this and that" style locked thread beats me. To easy, maybe?

Maybe if "You" mention that and post it in the thread "@retired1" just might make it happen and set-up another simple and direct "Sticky" Thread so people do not have to go through all those post . . . Just a thought . . .;)

AND - BTW: Some of those post are "How To's", especially How to set up some of "Your" preferences, Alert notices, and some other "Stuff" . . . Just like this one that is a NEW Function - being able to "TAG" someone to see if they get a notice to let them know "You" are mentioning them in a post or even let them know to come on over here and reply . . . ;)

Let's See If I can get these 2 to come . . .

@rave :blink: and @tmcase :blink:

Or to even bring out a "Lurker" or 2 from behind the thread . . . @0mg Meniere and @QRXT . . . ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Uncle, I don't mean the "simple" stuff like setting my preferences/security and what not. I mean how to get the things I want to display to display. That thread is like a commercial for Xen Foro or whatever this thing is called. If I can think of locked "how to" thread I'm sure the guru's in control either should, too, or have and decided not to. As far as the @ function, that's what I use a PM for and even that is renamed, duhhhh. I know, in the end, that what I really want to have won't be available and the improvements will end up being things like my Folding@home banner getting back onto my signature line. Heck, I just tried to leave feedback for someone and can't find anywhere on their profile page or mine.

I know I'm a curmudgeon and admit to it, but there is so much missing from this and I have seen complaints from mobile users that they can't get to the full version on their mobile devices which limits them so I'm not sure how much of an "advantage" all that really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread