Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
WHEW!!!!! We're baaaaaaaaaack!

Don't know 'bout y'all, but I was still logging in about 4-5 times a day, even though I KNEW there wouldn't be anything new happening.

Busy weekend ahead - just received flat of 140 TFA flavors, and I have about 10 PT2 heads to rebuild....

Tootle Happy :)

That's a good kinda busy!:w00t:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I remember when you used to swear against building coils :p........ Can I say e told you so? ;)

I was skeered. :D

Then I realized that I had already done the scariest possible thing I could imagine -- QUIT SMOKING! After that... well it sure gave me a sense of perspective, when I realized that. :D

Andria

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

Then I realized that I had already done the scariest possible thing I could imagine -- QUIT SMOKING! After that... well it sure gave me a sense of perspective, when I realized that. :D

Andria

You got that right, Andria. It sure ain't for sissies! :D

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

Andria
My first attempt at rebuilding (kanger pt2 heads) was prompted by two things. I was tired of buying coils, and I had read that I would be able to use all 11 watts of my vv v3!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
Because I'm borderline ocd, and fairly handy with my hands, first coil was a success, never looked back. Went out and bought a few more coils (since I had been throwing them away :p) stripped 'em down to rebuild before they were even used.
Only premade coil I've used since was in my first kanger sub tank to try out out. But I did thunder same thing with those, bought a box just to rebuild them so I could have a bunch built and ready :p

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I started with my T3S, and then the Mini PT 2's... it did improve the vape a little, but i still had a very hard time with wicking, in those small heads. Once i got my first kayfun, I was able to make much fatter coils (7/64) and that helped, plus getting some organic cotton (cotton balls, from walgreens). As big an improvement as the vv3/T3S was over the eRoll, it was that much better again when I finally got a kayfun vaping well, just night and day difference -- I had to moderate the high TH for a while until I got used to it, it was so much better.

Now I pretty much just use 3/32 for my coils, usually about 6 wraps, and I'm pretty good at the wicking part now. I may be a serious tootle puffer, thanks to my asthma, but I still want a great vape, with strong flavor and fairly intense TH; I only need as much vapor as approximates what exhaling a puff of cigarette smoke was like, and that's not really that much -- when I was tapering off, I observed it quite closely, to know about how to figure my "sweet spot" with my vape.

And yes I know the talk of coil building is tedious to some; just pass over. It's actually a sort of art form, to make a good, well-performing coil that won't crucify your lungs, to make that tootle puff *just right*! :D

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I started with my T3S, and then the Mini PT 2's... it did improve the vape a little, but i still had a very hard time with wicking, in those small heads. Once i got my first kayfun, I was able to make much fatter coils (7/64) and that helped, plus getting some organic cotton (cotton balls, from walgreens). As big an improvement as the vv3/T3S was over the eRoll, it was that much better again when I finally got a kayfun vaping well, just night and day difference -- I had to moderate the high TH for a while until I got used to it, it was so much better.

Now I pretty much just use 3/32 for my coils, usually about 6 wraps, and I'm pretty good at the wicking part now. I may be a serious tootle puffer, thanks to my asthma, but I still want a great vape, with strong flavor and fairly intense TH; I only need as much vapor as approximates what exhaling a puff of cigarette smoke was like, and that's not really that much -- when I was tapering off, I observed it quite closely, to know about how to figure my "sweet spot" with my vape.

And yes I know the talk of coil building is tedious to some; just pass over. It's actually a sort of art form, to make a good, well-performing coil that won't crucify your lungs, to make that tootle puff *just right*! :D

Andria
I'm a recent convert to the rayon. I've gotta say when done right (took me a few tries to get it right :p, too used to Japanese cotton) the flavor is amazing. It also delivers the nicotine better....my 6mg is hitting more like 8-10mg...definite increase in TH.
What's been working for me is to pack the coil a bit over tight. It's supposed to give off a slightly "nutty" flavor at first when you do so (goes away pretty quick), but to me it almost tastes like caramel popcorn.... Could be the juice I'm using though (I mixed a couple of flavors to create a peanut butter and banana sandwich.....i call it Elvis :p). All in all, I'm living it, and it's a good thing cause I have a giant box of it that will last a life time :p

Proud and happy to be a tootle puffer...been doing this over 2 yrs and haven't strayed too far from where I started...favorite topper a carto tank (IBTanked!)...also do EVOD, MT3S and RBC's. I recoil heads and DIY liquids, guess I'm an "advanced" tootler....keep it simple and practical, average ohms/volts all the way, and I always enjoy a great vape. WE tootlers ain't going nowhere...WE are the fundamental base of the vaping community, and shall remain!

Last edited:
My Tootle Puffin dahlinks...... I'm more than happy and willing to request a group forum for us if you'd like. I'm actually surprised we haven't been moved to the Lounge yet! I thought perhaps ECF would give us a week, then boot us out of here.

Whatever you guys and ladies would like will be fine by me. Let me know your thoughts?

I say go for it, great idea, I'm in!

jtpjc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
With my tootle puffing machine I can beat (up) any cloud chaser every moment of the day:

tootlepuff_zps3bwcwvsj.jpg
tootlepuff_zps3bwcwvsj.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm a recent convert to the rayon. I've gotta say when done right (took me a few tries to get it right :p, too used to Japanese cotton) the flavor is amazing. It also delivers the nicotine better....my 6mg is hitting more like 8-10mg...definite increase in TH.
What's been working for me is to pack the coil a bit over tight. It's supposed to give off a slightly "nutty" flavor at first when you do so (goes away pretty quick), but to me it almost tastes like caramel popcorn.... Could be the juice I'm using though (I mixed a couple of flavors to create a peanut butter and banana sandwich.....i call it Elvis :p). All in all, I'm living it, and it's a good thing cause I have a giant box of it that will last a life time :p

I've had to pretty much abandon rayon; it just tastes like crap to me, even when I don't get a dry hit. Not sure why it used to have no taste to me, and now I can taste it everytime, unless it's just that my tastebuds are waking up, and my *already-very-keen* sense of smell has redlined. I'm very distressed that this is true, because rayon does wick much better, but I just can't handle the taste.

A friend PIFed me both some KGD and some Shiseido cotton, but to be honest, I don't find them a real improvement over the organic cotton from cotton balls. The taste is about the same, but the japanese cotton doesn't seem to last very long before I start tasting the hot-metal taste of the coil; I can get thru *maybe* 2 kayfun tank's full on one wick, but the next time I refill, I start getting that hot-metal taste. With the organic cotton from cotton balls, I can get 3 or 4 tanks out of one wick -- and even then, it's not *tasting* bad, but my juice gunks so it starts to darken the whole tankful if i don't change it after about 3 refills.

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I've had to pretty much abandon rayon; it just tastes like crap to me, even when I don't get a dry hit. Not sure why it used to have no taste to me, and now I can taste it everytime, unless it's just that my tastebuds are waking up, and my *already-very-keen* sense of smell has redlined. I'm very distressed that this is true, because rayon does wick much better, but I just can't handle the taste.

A friend PIFed me both some KGD and some Shiseido cotton, but to be honest, I don't find them a real improvement over the organic cotton from cotton balls. The taste is about the same, but the japanese cotton doesn't seem to last very long before I start tasting the hot-metal taste of the coil; I can get thru *maybe* 2 kayfun tank's full on one wick, but the next time I refill, I start getting that hot-metal taste. With the organic cotton from cotton balls, I can get 3 or 4 tanks out of one wick -- and even then, it's not *tasting* bad, but my juice gunks so it starts to darken the whole tankful if i don't change it after about 3 refills.

Andria
What do you expect from (Moderated) wicks? Re-wicking my Evods with cotton just takes a couple of minutes and they need rinsing out after about 3-4 tanks anyway. I like sweet fruity juices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread