Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Hey Dave, been awhile since I seen you around these parts. :)

Hey Gil, how ya been? I heard about the ol' switcheroo around here and had to check it out. Bummer about all the banners, hopefully they'll fix that. Quit banners are pretty worthless if they can't update.

Reactions: Debadoo

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hiya Jan! Is that Woodvil in your avatar new? Last time I saw you it was a stickery Grand!

:lol: Yes, it's new since you've been around, but I've had it awhile.....it's from the 2014 run. I've had it about a year. Isn't it a beauty?

Edit: I still have my "stickery"" Grands. ;)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Right.
This is why I am never signed in to Google.
I don't usually go so far as to use an "Incognito tab" but I also never stay logged in w/Google while browsing. I don't like Google (or Microsoft, or Apple) keeping track of everything I do, and then trying to "help" me by selling my habits to advertisers.

i think fleet is referring to the idea that google uses private history etc for anything other than marketing

if it stalks me here, i might get an ecig ad on a football forum, and to some that is an invasion of privacy

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
You know, I just received a little fade in, fade out window saying I had a new Alert. So I check my alerts and all that is there are likes. Well, on the old ECF, you could see what posts people were liking. By default, at least, this information is no longer available. It was helpful for me, especially when posting music, to know what people liked. Oh well.

Edit: Or rather what people liked what music :)

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
use duckduckgo and avoid gmail if you are worried. DDG is pretty lousy though since it doesn't know your tastes like google does

Unfortunately I fell into the gmail trap back when you had to have an invite. Too many people have my gmail address (It's not one associated with any nicks I use, thank goodness), too many registrations, government offices, etc, etc. It would be a herculean task to change that now.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Well now that I've spent a bit more time on this forum thingy I don't like it. It looks too
Much like I'm on that tappy talky thing. I really did like the old way better. And if you didn't hear me say it before. The old forum worked just fine on desktop version full site on my iPhone and iPad.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You know, I just received a little fade in, fade out window saying I had a new Alert. So I check my alerts and all that is there are likes. Well, on the old ECF, you could see what posts people were liking. By default, at least, this information is no longer available. It was helpful for me, especially when posting music, to know what people liked. Oh well.

Edit: Or rather what people liked what music :)
I noticed that, too. It just says so and so liked your post in such and such thread. I like knowing the exact post, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread