Status
Not open for further replies.

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Whew! Finally got caught up. You guys were really chatting while I was away from the computer.

Welcome, Caro.

Glad to see everyone back "home".

To those few I chatted with on Hangout...it was a delight to talk to all of you.

I do not like this bright white. Hopefully, we'll get some color soon.:)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you go to the top right avatar and open it (click), scroll down and you'll find a link to "Likes you've received", which is like the old listing of those. And if you want, you can turn that off in the Alerts, but then you might never know :tumble:

David it isn't - that's the problem. Under the old software in your Profile it displayed the first two lines of a liked post in Likes Given/Received so you had an idea what the heck people were liking. Under the new software it displays who gave a like, the forum the post was in and... that's it. No context beyond that. In your Profile you can have a running stream of likes reported and no clue what posts are liked unless you click on the individual likes and open the threads.

ETA: Moderator has already replied and, basically said "it is what it is" and they would have to modify Xenforo to change it. IMO as it stands this makes Likes largely pointless. Other than Likes existing, they now serve little to no usefulness. When they had a partial quote of the Liked post you at least had a context of whether that was a post you might want to follow up on, or if it was a two year old post that you probably couldn't follow up on - stuff like that. I used to look at them for reasons like that, now there is no reason to look at them at all.

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Under the old software in your Profile it displayed the first two lines of a liked post in Likes Given/Received so you had an idea what the heck people were liking. Under the new software it displays who gave a like, the forum the post was in and... that's it. No context beyond that. In your Profile you can have a running stream of likes reported and no clue what posts are liked unless you click on the individual likes and open the threads.
I think you're not noticing how to view the likes you've received in a format that's very similar to the old format.

Above the box that contains your avatar near the top right of the screen, there is a search box. Above the search box is your username (separately from where your username appears next to your avatar). If you hover your cursor over your username at that location, a drop down menu appears with 22 different items on it. There are 2 columns with 11 items each. The 4th item from the top of the right hand column is "Likes You've Received". If you click on that item, you will then see the last 20 likes that you've received, with identifying information for each like that includes the first sentence or two of each specific post. Subsequent pages continue to show likes you've received in the same way, 20 per page, from newest to oldest in reverse chronological order.

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I just wanted to say "Hello" and to tell everyone to have a wonderful weekend. I like the new stuff but I have no idea what I am doing. (and I know there is no one here surprised right now) But I have two choices. I can wave good-bye to ecf or I can learn it. And besides I've already learned the most important part. I know how to make my font PINK. bahahahahhahaha :p (I am also rather fond of this emoticon for some reason and it isn't the tongue. I think they must have added this one just for me. What do you think? bahahahahahaha

:wub: to all y'all.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Just figured that out Dave.

On the old system Notifications brought you right to the obvious in two clicks. One the new system Alerts means "See what alerts you have, if they are Likes then move left over to your user name, hover over, get a pop up menu, select 'Likes You've* Received', open that page."

*And don't even get me started on the use of that ridiculous contraction...

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Wow! That's a lot of moo la! LOL! But doesn't sound right....
I know maybe today I'll sit down and do the math the old fashioned way. We are taking a day off of house rehab, got to let the mastic dry before grouting and catch up on the other chores around here. Besides Doree and I both could use a break. :vapor:

Kat56

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
SC
Running in to say hello to friends old & new. Plopping down on porch steps to rest as these old legs ain't what they used to be. I hope the new software will be a bit easier on my data allowance. Needless to say, I have a whole lotta catching up to do. Have missed you all!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Just figured that out Dave.

One the old system Notifications brought you right to the obvious in two clicks. One the new system Alerts means "See what alerts you have, if they are Likes then move left over to your user name, hover over, get a pop up menu, select 'Likes You've* Received', open that page."

*And don't even get me started on the use of that ridiculous contraction...
I liked when I could see the likes I received at the bottom of the post. Kinda like feedback or validation that folks were reading your posts and not just skipping over them. Guess my insecurity wis showing a little bit.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Good Morning Everyone.

It's a good thing. The forum might have a slight learning / growing curve, but overall it has a few features to like and a couple that seem to be missing, but could still be in the works. I am going to learn what I can and give time for it to evolve for the rest. The main thing that I like is that it is faster and that the basic structure is similar enough that I do not feel like I landed on Mars - just East of Philly maybe, but not Mars...

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I just quit last August. I was buying by the carton, but it was about 64.00 a carton. :shock: So that's 6.40 a pack. I had cut back to a half a pack a day, until I retired 4 years ago. Boredom & stress over illnesses brought it back up to a PAD fast! Not good on a limited income. I just got my first DIY nic. I'll order more nic before I start getting equipment & flavorings. I've not been able to vape tobacco's, either! :eek: What's up with that? :?: I'm ok with it, but so far I haven't found anything I like except custards, especially bourbon custard's. But I'm not a bourbon drinker. :?:
Kenna,
Did you get your o-rings?

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Running in to say hello to friends old & new. Plopping down on porch steps to rest as these old legs ain't what they used to be. I hope the new software will be a bit easier on my data allowance. Needless to say, I have a whole lotta catching up to do. Have missed you all!

Hey, Kat - how you doing. Pull up a rocker and stay awhile.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
In theory... what used to be PM's are now "conversations" and are supposed to be private.

What used to be Visitor Messages are now "Profile Posts" and are public.

Fun With The New Semantics is giving me a headache here. :-x

So is trying to figure out what the heck is going on with post order. Like when I post this, it's gonna show up on the bottom of this page, followed by "new" posts - that are older than this one...? Anyone else notice things like that? Posts used to be in strict date/time order. Now I can't figure out what it's doing here with order sequence of "new" posts.
Yeh, same here. After I post a reply I have go hunting for the last post I read. Hate that? :evil:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Whew! Finally got caught up. You guys were really chatting while I was away from the computer.

Welcome, Caro.

Glad to see everyone back "home".

To those few I chatted with on Hangout...it was a delight to talk to all of you.

I do not like this bright white. Hopefully, we'll get some color soon.:)
I really like" dark mode" so I can read at night in bed and not disturb Doree. Now it's too bright.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I know maybe today I'll sit down and do the math the old fashioned way
fingermath.jpg

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

WooHoo,Kat:)

KAT and FRANC!!!!
long time no see! glad you found your ways back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread