RDA Veritas rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Any suggestions on a nice warm vape build?

Thanks to a very generous friend of mine who I introduced to vaping, I've had a genuine Veritas to fiddle with for the past month or so. This is only my 3rd build on it, total time about 25 minutes. Twisted 28g comes out to 0.36Ω. It's warm but not hot and tastes about as good as any other flavor-oriented coils I've managed to put together, even claptons.

It's not pretty -- Picasso or Dr. Frankenstein might appreciate how it looks -- and I'll be doing a few things differently next time, but I'm 100% satisfied with the way it's performing.

IMG_1169.jpg

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Thanks to a very generous friend of mine who I introduced to vaping, I've had a genuine Veritas to fiddle with for the past month or so. This is only my 3rd build on it, total time about 25 minutes. Twisted 28g comes out to 0.36Ω. It's warm but not hot and tastes about as good as any other flavor-oriented coils I've managed to put together, even claptons.

It's not pretty -- Picasso or Dr. Frankenstein might appreciate how it looks -- and I'll be doing a few things differently next time, but I'm 100% satisfied with the way it's performing.

View attachment 426112

Looks pretty nice to me!

ShakotanFun

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Looks like I had no more 28g so I had to stick to 26g and I am really damn pleased with it. it came in at about .25ohm. Super warm vape and very tasteful. Was a pain in TF ....., but I did it best to my ability. Its not the prettiest, but it sure does function. Thanks for the suggestion eLef!

image_zpsc5jw55zi.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-04-14 at 3.25.38 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2015-04-14 at 3.25.38 PM.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: eLefAdEr

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
So I built a few coils and settled on horizontal single coil with twisted 28g and placing it closest to the airhole as possible to the point it's kinda sitting inside the curve of the hole. I've tried placing it right in the center and a bit higher about 3mm above the hole. I think I'm getting good flavor but there were a few times where I noticeably got unbelievable flavor for a few hits before it died down.

Am I doing something a bit off to not get the best possible flavor? I'm not sure how I can get better placement of the coil. Since I was able to get really good flavor for a few vape sessions I've been trying horizontal, vertical, airhole placement, twisted, regular coils and can't replicate the flavor. Custard #3 and Spoonlicker OG tastes a bit similar and sometimes can't even taste the difference.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
So I built a few coils and settled on horizontal single coil with twisted 28g and placing it closest to the airhole as possible to the point it's kinda sitting inside the curve of the hole. I've tried placing it right in the center and a bit higher about 3mm above the hole. I think I'm getting good flavor but there were a few times where I noticeably got unbelievable flavor for a few hits before it died down.

Am I doing something a bit off to not get the best possible flavor? I'm not sure how I can get better placement of the coil. Since I was able to get really good flavor for a few vape sessions I've been trying horizontal, vertical, airhole placement, twisted, regular coils and can't replicate the flavor. Custard #3 and Spoonlicker OG tastes a bit similar and sometimes can't even taste the difference.
I get best flavor from vertical coils. I put mine about in the middle between the topcap and air hole.

9eee6f27b2e2cb10c0330f71cd8ec1d1.jpg

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Anyone got a build for a cooler vape? most builds I do all end up quite warm.

What are you running now?

The 0.4 ohm, dual I posted in [HASHTAG]#408[/HASHTAG] is not very warm. I run on a mech, so battery voltage.
34-44W (I seldom discharge below 3.7V)

Each coil is 0.8 ohm which keeps it cooler than a single coil at 0.4 ohm.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Redid my twisted 28g for the second time -- omitted the twists at the top and wrapped the coils in the opposite direction to shorten the total length and make rewicking easier. Most surprising is that the resistance is almost the same as my previous build, this time at 0.43Ω. I'll try to lower the center point of the coils another couple of millimeters next time to get them closer to the airflow hole, but it's still a fantastic, flavorful vape.

edit: If any of you are into rebuilding and don't have a pair of ceramic tweezers yet, order one right now. It makes tightening up wraps on builds like this one soooo much easier.

Ct71yST.jpg

I'm just now noticing that the long center post screw is a little loose and leans a little to one side, but doesn't seem to affect anything. Any cause for concern there?

Reactions: Bimini Twist

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm just now noticing that the long center post screw is a little loose and leans a little to one side, but doesn't seem to affect anything. Any cause for concern there?
Look through the air hole. It might be favoring air flow on one side. Other than that I don't see it affecting anything. Can you straighten it? Looks like that plastic nut ought to drop down in the hole (mine doesn't look like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread