Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Something else I found.
My subscribed forums didn't transfer over to the watched forum listing - in the process of trying to remember them and rebuild it.
The subscribed thread list seems to have transferred ok.

Is there a way to view my full watched threads list to include the ones marked as read?
under watched threads, click on the show all watched threads and i'll show all threads not just the ones that are unread

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
My subscribed forums didn't transfer over to the watched forum listing - in the process of trying to remember them and rebuild it.
Right, subscribed forums did not transfer, unfortunately, like the subscribed threads did. Sorry :(
Is there a way to view my full watched threads list to include the ones marked as read?
When you're on the Watched Threads screen, scroll to the bottom and click Show All Watched Threads, and you'll see them all, unread posts or not. :)

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
THANKS - for that link . . . :thumbs:

A number of people that have been confused about a navigating the new site and have been asking about a "User's Guide" just might find this useful too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

As long as everyone remembers that the software has many options and not every option applies to ECF. Also, there can be changes to the options we use. If you see something on the FAQ that you like, you can request it be added (maybe not today ... :D )

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
It should mean that the thread itself is a sticky. If you give me a link, or PM a link to me, I can take a look at it for you. :)

It your watched thread is a stick in that particular forum, it will have the red pushpin next to it. Is that what you're seeing?

Or is it a thread that's not a sticky?

Really didn't think this would be that difficult to understand or that I would have to explain more then I already did . . . :facepalm:

Notwithstanding . . . Yes - As I already mentioned, the thread is a "Sticky" now and I see the "Red Pushpin" at the end of the text box labeled "Title" and right next to the next text box which is labeled "Replies"/"Views" . . . As I open "My" Unread Watch Threads that particular thread is at the top of the list like any and all stickies are throughout the forum and there is a "Red Pushpin" there . . . NOW - If I knew how and could take a "Screen capture" to post here so "You" could see it I would . . . SO - Hopefully that is enough detail for "You" to understand now . . . If Not - There is nothing else I can say or do . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
As I already mentioned, the thread is a "Sticky" now and I see the "Red Pushpin" at the end of the text box labeled "Title" and right next to the next text box which is labeled "Replies"/"Views" . . . As I open "My" Unread Watch Threads that particular thread is at the top of the list like any and all stickies are throughout the forum and there is a "Red Pushpin" there . . .

Then it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Then it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do.

Yep - almost . . . The Unread Watched Thread does keep the list of threads with unread messages . . . But this is different . . . I actually have one thread that has become a "Sticky" and is what I would like to do to some more of the threads I have subscribed to that do not have any unread messages & are not "Stickies" - too . . . :D

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Yep - almost . . . The Unread Watched Thread does keep the list of threads with unread messages . . . But this is different . . . I actually have one thread that has become a "Sticky" and is what I would like to do to some more of the threads I have subscribed to that do not have any unread messages & are not "Stickies" - too . . . :D

Not to sound dense, but it's always at the top of your unwatched threads list? It's not just the one that happens to be at the top currently (most recent posts in it)?

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Is there no longer a dark/reverse/night mode page format?
I can't begin to say how important it was for me to have that option as a personal default. That, because of a photosensitivity that makes it practically impossible for me to read the site in "normal," white page/black font mode.
Losing that setting is upsetting and severely limiting to me.
Thanks for any input!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I can't begin to say how important it was for me to have that option as a personal default. That, because of a photosensitivity that makes it practically impossible for me to read the site in "normal," white page/black font mode.
Thanks for any input!
They are still working on a darkened template. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience. :(

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Thanks for any input!

A dark theme will be coming. Permissions, links, redirects, and other things to be done have priority.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Not to sound dense, but it's always at the top of your unwatched threads list? It's not just the one that happens to be at the top currently (most recent posts in it)?

Yep - It looks as though it is stuck there at the top as a "Sticky" and not most current thread . . . :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
IDK if this has been mentioned or not. Some of us played around with the new "PM" system (conversations).

We received e-mails for each reply in a conversation. Well, at least some of us did.
If this happens to you, and you don't want the e-mails, the setting to change is in a different place than it is for some other stuff that's e-mail related.

Go to your Contact Details Settings by clicking on your user name in the upper right and select "Contact Details". There, you will see a checkbox with:
"Receive email when a new conversation message is received"​
uncheck the box next to it.

This is different from the settings dialog box you get with username->preferences that ALSO has some e-mail stuff on it.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well, that seems to be a horse of a different color

YEP - It sure would have been . . .
horse_32difrntclr.gif

However, I finally learned what it is and what happened . . .
36_1_5.gif

AND - I AM TOO EMBARRASSED TO TELL YA' . . .
embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I wonder if it is pastable, and if others would prefer it as well.... I'd love to see the avatars BELOW the poster info. My eye goes to the avi, then I have to read the status, then find the member's name. I'm sure if you can't or won't change it, I'll adjust to it in time, but I would prefer it changed.

What she said!

Yes, yes, yes. Please, dear Admin, if at all possible. Pretty please. And we do need more info about the posters--join date, number of posts, etc. Very helpful to be able to tell at a glance who we're talking to.

Those avatars are upside down and totally confusing...

I know this is not critical and I'm sure you have more important things to do right now, but in the future, it would be nice to have a format similar to what we used to have.

Other than that--great job! Thanks! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread