Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Thats one of my favorite builds! I just placed my order for the VCC. I hope it doesnt take long to get here but who knows. This stuff is blowing up all over instagram and facebook so that may delay the shipment. I only got the 1 36" that should be sufficient enough for a tester. Cant wait!

It only took a few days to get to me across the country even after they posted about shipping being delayed because of volume orders.

I will have to buy more soon enough though. It comes as (2) 18" ropes inside the little container. After a few wicks and a few messups on density, and giving my buddy about 6-8" for him to try, I am through one of the ropes already.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
It only took a few days to get to me across the country even after they posted about shipping being delayed because of volume orders.

I will have to buy more soon enough though. It comes as (2) 18" ropes inside the little container. After a few wicks and a few messups on density, and giving my buddy about 6-8" for him to try, I am through one of the ropes already.
Oh wow, maybe i shoulda ordered more. Oh well. How would you say it compares to the ... cotton? Right now im using the inside of the pad and its not bad, i figured i was due for a change sometimes i feel like the rayon tears my throat up.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Oh wow, maybe i shoulda ordered more. Oh well. How would you say it compares to the ... cotton? Right now im using the inside of the pad and its not bad, i figured i was due for a change sometimes i feel like the rayon tears my throat up.

Like I said, it was a learning curve to work with so I wasted more than I should have. Finding the right density is key but it's a little more difficult to work with than rayon after doing a few more builds. It's not as forgiving when trying to twist the end to go through the coil. I'll get some more if I need to. Who knows, these wicks may hold up for months and not need a change lol.

I've only tried ... cotton a few times a few months back and I didn't like the flavor it gave me; again this is my limited exposure to it. Very muted compared to rayon, and even more-so to VCC now.

I first started vaping with organic cotton balls, then almost immediately found the rayon thread and bought the tencel top, then the Delasco balls, then the Sally's (all within a few days of each other), so I've been using that since. I've only wicked with ... as an emergency when I am not at home or around any rayon lol.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Like I said, it was a learning curve to work with so I wasted more than I should have. Finding the right density is key but it's a little more difficult to work with than rayon after doing a few more builds. It's not as forgiving when trying to twist the end to go through the coil. I'll get some more if I need to. Who knows, these wicks may hold up for months and not need a change lol.

I've only tried ... cotton a few times a few months back and I didn't like the flavor it gave me; again this is my limited exposure to it. Very muted compared to rayon, and even more-so to VCC now.

I first started vaping with organic cotton balls, then almost immediately found the rayon thread and bought the tencel top, then the Delasco balls, then the Sally's (all within a few days of each other), so I've been using that since. I've only wicked with ... as an emergency when I am not at home or around any rayon lol.
Yeah that makes sense, im just asking cause those were all i had used and wanted to know your thoughts personally on them. I havent had any wicking material last that long for me, i wish they would though lol the longest ive gone was maybe 2 weeks if that. Maybe its the juice im using who knows. Anyway thanks for the help, ill let you know how i like it when i get it in and use it.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
So i got my VCC in the mail today. And i have to say, you were definitely right! This stuff is awesome. If i could touch an angels hair, it would feel like this, i wanna make a blanket out of it. I get absolutely no cotton or wick taste at all, and when i first set it up and juiced it, i could basically vape right away. There was virtually no break in time like most wick materials ive tried. So far so good, i hope it stays as good a couple days from now. I do however find it a tad harder to work with just getting it into the coil only cause its almost layered like hairs, its hard to explain but the more i use it the easier it'll become. I give it a big thumbs up!

Reactions: VictorViper

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Not to say your wrong or anything cause im not a wick material kinda guy. But when you order it they send it with this little sheet of paper that has all this info and breakdown of what it is and how its made and such. They say its supima cotton, whatever that is, first time I've heard of this.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Not to say your wrong or anything cause im not a wick material kinda guy. But when you order it they send it with this little sheet of paper that has all this info and breakdown of what it is and how its made and such. They say its supima cotton, whatever that is, first time I've heard of this.
Try torching it, if you have one. I'm curious :D

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I have been using the vapers choice in my builds for about 3 weeks now. I use a REO so I am bottom feeder squonking vs dripping. The hardest part was getting used to not needing to squonk nearly as often. I don't notice any break in time. Its been perfect flavor from the first hit. Also, it doesn't discolor like the koh gen and other cotton wicks did after a couple days of heavy use. I was also surprised how soft yet durable the cotton is. I plan on staying with this in all my attys.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I am still running the same wick in my Subtank Mini and my fused claptons in my Derringer since the day I installed it. Still no loss of flavor, gunking, discoloration, or dry hits. I have found that I have been using it sparingly lately though. I won't use it to wick a build that doesn't last longer than a day or two in any atty so I KNOW I'm getting the best of it.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
So its been a little over a week with my VCC and i am still loving it. Im not going back to anything else, ive made my mind up on that. I may try new stuff here and there but for right now i am totally content with this being my main wicking material. Normally by now id be changing my rayon or ... cotton in my attys but not with this VCC the flavor is still strong, clean, and still good looking to this day. Im amazed by this, it is a little odd getting used to not having to drip as much or change my wicks. I now have it in all of my rda's which are in my daily rotation, 4 total. Thinking of ordering more just so i dont have to wait till last minute. Thanks uncletattoo for opening my eyes to this!

Rumi

Apr 1, 2015
Kapolei, HI, USA
Found the texture a little more difficult to work with but I think that just takes practice. I did not really notice a big flavor difference compared to cotton on the fresh build. On the 2nd day which is usually when my Japanese cotton tastes like burnt gunk the vcc tasted like wet cotton, made me think of wet socks. Agree it seemed to change flavors faster and hold more juice. The black discoloration and wet sock taste made re wicking the same piece a no go for me. So I'm trying the rayon but that too is resulting in fast burnt taste. Next test is mesh or temperature control wire ( nickel?) still researching that. Anything else I can try to stop that burnt taste, getting tired of building coils so often and the tanks usually taste burnt in one day of use. Tried every tank including rda style but not the latest sub ohm pre made coil ones since the higher ohm ones didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread