SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
FWIW, I am an electrical engineer, but I don't tend to advertise that much because we aren't infallible. My field of expertise has shifted to IT and management over the past 20 years so my EE background can be challenged at any time and I have to do research just like anyone else to counter this arguments. It's apparently difficult to understand the concept of the constant carrier signal at 50Hz. It's always there no matter what. This is classic behavior of a PAM device. Keep in mind, typically PFM and PAM are used for data transmission and have a signal decoder on the other end of the transmission. In this application the decoder is our mouth! LoL

I should say, rather than decoder the correct term would be "demodulator"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're kind of the same as me Dam718, Did the electronics thing back in 89 was when I took my CET test then moved over to IT and over the past 25yrs forgot more than I had learnt. :) So I know exactly where your coming from. And that's not even counting old age. lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
inspects. it does not look as well built as kanger. it has nickel coils? performance counts. that dude needs lotion on his hands lol.

lmao Nic...I'm just waiting for better top fill atty's which can use a Nickel coil, they're coming, but too slowly.

Reactions: Bikenstein

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Waiting for this to be available.

I did watch that review the other day and I do like the way it does juice control but my Delta II has juice control but I just use it wide open anyway. Also a top filler without having to remove the atty which is the wave of the future. Just missing an RBA kit and no NI200 coils yet I believe. Very unique and promising Clearo. The question is how well it works with TC which is my focus these days.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
No doubt about it the DNA40 works. Just not the same as the SX350J.

I will continue to say this over and over. Regardless of the technical mumbo jumbo we throw around, we are trying to ascertain factual data from this device. The truth is, it vapes AMAZING both in power and TC modes. Don't let any of the semantics of us trying to reverse engineer the signal to figure out how they're doing it let you think otherwise. This is an awesome machine.

haha, my first job as an EE was with the Navy. PFM meant "Pure F-ing Magic" in our sailor terms

hahaha..every time these discussions start I immediately here one of the professors in my head. Was born in Columbia worked for Siemens in Germany for 25 years then settled here in a New Orleans.
Could not understand the guy at all. Spanish, German accent speaking English?

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
You're kind of the same as me Dam718, Did the electronics thing back in 89 was when I took my CET test then moved over to IT and over the past 25yrs forgot more than I had learnt. :) So I know exactly where your coming from. And that's not even counting old age. lol
Very similar history myself. I built my first Color TV from scratch back when Color first came out along with test gear, receivers, etc. Then I got into computers, programming, architecture, networking, security, etc.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
IDK maybe an EE will chime in and tell us all definitively what the correct terminology is.

But to me it PFM "Pretty Flippin Mazing" :)

I said early on there is 'frequency filtering'. I don't care if you substitute "modulation" for filtering. Or, for that matter if you see and impose a periodicity.

Vape it! Love it! ;)

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
no wonder you are all discussing this tech stuff. you all are engineers! I guess this thing is so fantastic you are curious how they did it.

vaping is moving at a faster pace than computers. therefore I shall go broke. at least I am not paying to kill myself anymore. honestly I don't need xeon's anymore id rather have mods and they just keep upping the ante. I can't even imagine they will trump the current round but I know they will. this is just an amazing time.

I don't understand how they work but very happy with the results. now someone can just screw in a coil and receive great performance. which is very lucky for people like myself. compare this to blu for instance haha. in the words of Virginia slims, you have come a long way baby. even though camel and Marlboro were the culprits in my case. it's the best thing since sliced bread.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
no wonder you are all discussing this tech stuff. you all are engineers! I guess this thing is so fantastic you are curious how they did it.

vaping is moving at a faster pace than computers. therefore I shall go broke. at least I am not paying to kill myself anymore. honestly I don't need xeon's anymore id rather have mods and they just keep upping the ante. I can't even imagine they will trump the current round but I know they will. this is just an amazing time.

I don't understand how they work but very happy with the results. now someone can just screw in a coil and receive great performance. which is very lucky for people like myself. compare this to blu for instance haha. in the words of Virginia slims, you have come a long way baby. even though camel and Marlboro were the culprits in my case. it's the best thing since sliced bread.
nic_fix, I think we will someday see the day when we have xeons in our mod just to figure out this TC thing. That is if the governments don't shut us down first.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
You know, with the collective information gathered from the way YiHi and Evolv are working the temp control solution, I can pretty much guarantee the melding of the minds of 5 or more engineers could develop a superior solution. Look at what ProVape did with VV. It took YEARS for people to catch what ProVape pulled off. I would not be surprised in the least to see ProVape come out with a TC solution in the coming years that makes all these early implementations look like child's play

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
You know, with the collective information gathered from the way YiHi and Evolv are working the temp control solution, I can pretty much guarantee the melding of the minds of 5 or more engineers could develop a superior solution. Look at what ProVape did with VV. It took YEARS for people to catch what ProVape pulled off. I would not be surprised in the least to see ProVape come out with a TC solution in the coming years that makes all these early implementations look like child's play

I remember being in love with my first 8088 processor with 64k memory and a 300 baud modem and thinking I owned the world. Now even my phone would put to shame a PC of just a few years ago and at work I use systems that hold up to 6TB of ram and too many processor cores to even count. We are in the TC infancy at this stage of the game, but why not enjoy it for what it now has to offer us.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I remember being in love with my first 8088 processor with 64k memory and a 300 baud modem and thinking I owned the world. Now even my phone would put to shame a PC of just a few years ago and at work I use systems that hold up to 6TB of ram and too many processor cores to even count. We are in the TC infancy at this stage of the game, but why not enjoy it for what it now has to offer us.

6TB, That's it? :)

Reactions: nic_fix

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Glad your liking your new device. I think what you say about how to setup the temp / joules to be the best approach. If you read the comments on Pbusardo's review .... Kickers left him a comment explaining to him pretty much what you just stated. It's worth reading. On the Lemo 2 I haven't really looked at it but hearing a lot of good things. One thing I'm curious about is the top fill hole. How does it seal when you close it is there a rubber washer or something that keeps it from leaking or just stainless on stainless?
Vlad thanks for posting that. I wound up going through all of Phil's comments and eventually watching a review that .... Kickers put out on the SX M class device.
Although I had not watched his reviews in the past nor known of his procedure in setting up the M Class, he has taken a similar approach to what I just experienced and posted. It is worth watching to setup your SX for a good vape.

Last edited:

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
6TB, That's it? :)

Yeah, not your typical home desktop, but suitable for running a hundred Virtual Machines or so depending on requirements. It is a ..... though paying the tab for 96 64GB DIMMs. :lol:

Reactions: nic_fix

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I used computers when they had vacuum tubes, took up a floor and were cooled with ice. my first home computer had 4k ram. I think the yihi chip is probably more powerful than a 486 machine. maybe even a 100mhz Pentium. phones are more powerful than a current atom or Celeron. 6tb ram or disk. if ram geez. the machine I am typing on has 64gb ram and I think that is a lot. ssd makes the biggest difference. I wonder if the 350j is programmable and you guys can do stuff with it. It probably is but you need the sdk.

Reactions: JimScotty0

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I am not sure of that maybe why you say but I am getting a much better vape using not more power than the dna40 can provide. I am not a big fan of the dna40. yihi may indeed may not be as accurate at tc but perhaps also as you said they made up for it elsewhere. i do not know why it is providing a better vape at wattage the dna40 can provide. it seems to me dna40 controls watage to control temp and yihi controls temp directly? there are nicer dna40 mods to be had but i am hooked on the performance of the 350j. besides this is the infancy of temp control. in 6 months these things wil be collecting dust. superseded by vastly superior devices from both parties i am sure.

Reactions: JimScotty0

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Vlad thanks for posting that. I wound up going through all of Phil's comments and eventually watching a review that .... Kickers put out on the SX M class device.
Although I had not watched his reviews in the past nor known of his procedure in setting up the M Class, he has taken a similar approach to what I just experienced and posted. It is worth watching to setup your SX for a good vape.

Im really sorry but a lot of this is a little random. I am running a subtank rba at 0.18ohms, 17.5w and 400F. It is just perfect. If I crank up the J's to 20 or even higher I see no significant overshoot..this 0.065ohm sweet spot is turning into some kind of urban myth in my opinion....People are using the kanger ni occs with success and they are 0.15ish...

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
That "sweet spot" is probably where the device is most accurate based on their code and hardware, and I imagine they had 28ga or thicker Ni200 in mind when they did this. Which is sort of great, with the floor being that low people aren't stuck with using delicate thin gauge wire, or a huge coil mass with thicker wire.

Doesn't mean you can't build on it with a higher minimum resistance like you must on a DNA40. Options are good. Flexibility is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread