How long should the 18650 batteries last?

Thread: How long should the 18650 batteries last?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How long should the 18650 batteries last?

I am just curious how long these 18650 batteries with the extended cap should be lasting before I need to chuck them and get more.

I have 2 and I charge them each about once a day or sometimes less, with a PILA charger. I've been using them for about a month, but I thought I started to notice shorter times between recharge.

How long does everyone use one of these batts for until cycling in a new one?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran ScottinSoCal's Avatar

I've been using mine since I got my first ProVari in late December, and I've noticed no life span issues. I still go about 24 hours between battery changing.

Although I started out with three of them and moved up to 6 of them. I have them all labeled 1-6 and rotate through, so they each get the same number of charge/discharge cycles. I stopped using the shorty batteries - anybody want them? I have 4.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinSoCal View Post
    I've been using mine since I got my first ProVari in late December, and I've noticed no life span issues. I still go about 24 hours between battery changing.

Although I started out with three of them and moved up to 6 of them. I have them all labeled 1-6 and rotate through, so they each get the same number of charge/discharge cycles. I stopped using the shorty batteries - anybody want them? I have 4.
    PM Sent. The shorties last me all day.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I average about 4ml's of juice per charge on the AW IMR 18650 1600mAh when using my MAP tanks....x2 provari's. Almost a full 16hr day
    MODS:2x Provari's V1, 2x Brass JustGG #1823 and 1546, SS JustGG #1114, Brass Astro #75
    ATOMIZERS:The Russian and The Russian 91%, Ithaka #4642 and #5873
    RETIRED: RSM Mk4VV and VV Monkeyboxx CAUTION: Im vaping @ VV...Keep back 500ft :p

ECF Veteran

So the 500 cycle life of the battery is fairly accurate? I just saw that somewhere for these type of batteries. I could go 1.5+ years with using a battery once a day at the same capacity as brand new, or are they decreasing in their charge holding time? I wonder if there are things that reduce the life of batteries, like impacts, etc

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
    So the 500 cycle life of the battery is fairly accurate? I just saw that somewhere for these type of batteries. I could go 1.5+ years with using a battery once a day at the same capacity as brand new, or are they decreasing in their charge holding time? I wonder if there are things that reduce the life of batteries, like impacts, etc
    Definitely! Batteries are susceptible to impacts, extreme temps, rapid temp change, overcharging, etc...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton63841 View Post
    Definitely! Batteries are susceptible to impacts, extreme temps, rapid temp change, overcharging, etc...
    Okay thanks, I'll take extra care of them. I should probably buy a couple more for safe measure..