Is the PROVARI worth it...YES and I will explain WHY. Facts, not fanyboyism. Plz Read! - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 214
Like Tree464Likes

Thread: Is the PROVARI worth it...YES and I will explain WHY. Facts, not fanyboyism. Plz Read!

  1. #21
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I can clearly see its well built and I would want one except for "that guys" attitude it just puts a sour taste in my mouth kinda anti kool kid (all the kool kids have one)

  2. #22
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Hey nicetucu now you know why im called the zoo. I should be in a cage
    nicetucu likes this.

  3. #23
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    crxess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Williamsport Md
    Posts
    8,877
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    And other than being a rude and negative comment, this added what to the spirit of the thread?
    Very long and trying last 3 weeks. Unless you were there you could not understand.

    Apologies for letting it spill over onto ECF.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol


  4. #24
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    p.opus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    I will attempt to play devils advocate and try to put forward a reasonable and fair counterpoint.

    1. Price

    Price is still a large barrier to entry for many people. No one will argue the quality of a Provari. That is not the question. The question is value.

    I have two MVP 2's and a VV3 as backup. Even at suggested retail, All three of these devices are less expensive than a Provari Starter kit.

    An MVP 2 easily lasts a year. There are plenty of MVP 1's still out there. So even if I spend 50 dollars a year on an MVP, then I need to buy 4 MVP's to equal a Provari. In that time, the Provari will go through about $40 dollars in batteries on their own, so now we are up to nearly 5 MVP 2's. This is a ROI of nearly 5 years. This is a very long time. How many of us have been vaping for 5 years, and how many of us will still be using the same vape gear in another 5 years? Just a question.

    This doesn't even take into account cost of replacement should I lose my PV. If I lose a Provari through theft, negligence, accident, whatever, There's another $160.00 or 3 more MVP 2's. If I lose an MVP 2, I'm out less than a carton of smokes.

    Also, by choosing lower priced product, I can more easily change with technology, which brings me to point 2.

    Feature Set

    The Provari, when it first came out, had an amazing feature set. The rest of the vaping world has caught up and even surpassed it. Let's look at some of the things that ProVape really needs to look at "improving"

    a. Threading. 510 Threading while still essentially a standard is not a great one. There are tons of stories of 510 connectors getting broken or bent or cross threaded. The Provari is a 510 only device. Ego Cone threading, IMHO solves a lot of the issues with 510 threading. It allows for better airflow and typically provides more surface area so that it is less likely to snap off. While you can get an eGo to 510 converter, there is no excuse why Provape has not modified their device to have eGo and 510 threads standard

    b. No Variable Wattage: Whatever your opinion is, Variable Wattage is here to stay. While variable voltage offers a depth of control beyond what is possible with variable wattage, variable wattage, is an extremely nice feature. I have 4 Mini Protank 2's and it's nice not to care what my atty resistance is. I set my device to 7.0 watts and get a very satisfactory vape. It is rather shocking that ProVape has been dragging it's heels on this. They were one of the first ones out of the gate to do Variable Voltage "right". The Provari is amazing in that there is no discernible lag detectable until the very last draw is very impressive. I am shocked that they are one of the last ones to enter the variable wattage arena. Current ProVari users are used to adjusting their voltage, so Variable Wattage is not for them. However it is essential to entice new users, and to pay a premium price for an inferior feature set makes no sense to most people. Given that ProVari is considered a gold standard in construction quality and voltage regulation, it makes no sense not to take this new technology and run with it. Variable wattage is not like 3d movies, it is not a gimmick. I use my MVP exclusively on Variable wattage simply to avoid having to tinker constantly with my device, and my device maintains wattage effectively enough to do this.

    The bottom line is that the ProVari is an amazing PV. However, it is no longer cutting edge. It is priced at the higher end, and does not provide some of the features that it's competitors do. It still is exclusively a 510 threaded device and has not yet provided any changes to it's feature set except to raise the amperage rating to 3.5 amps.

    Right now there is ONLY one scenario I can see owning a ProVari in it's current form. The Vapocalypse.... If I believe that the e-cig market would die within a week, I would buy a ProVari right now because I would have to rely on it's high quality to provide me with years of service in a market where e-cigs and supplies are not available. I would want a PV that would survive the Vapocalypse. And if the Vapocalypse occurs, then even ProVape would not survive.

    IMHO ProVape needs desperately to update it's offerings beyond color schemes and tube design. They need to continue to be a front runner not only in build quality but in cutting edge feature set. Here's some things my MVP offers at 1/4 the price.

    1. USB passthrough (This costs an additional 75 bucks on the Provari and you have to remove the battery to implement it.)
    2. Built in charger. I don't have to carry around a separate charger. Yes, I can carry extra batteries, but my MVP can be charged from any micro USB capable charging device. I can literally carry all I need to charge my MVP in my front pocket.
    3. Ability to charge my cell phone. Gimmicky? Maybe, but I have used this feature to make emergency calls using my MVP 2 to charge my phone.
    4. Variable Wattage - Not available on the Provari
    5. Ego and 510 threading, standard.....No need for an external adapter.

    The vaping community continues to move at a fast pace. The quality of these newer products are getting better and better. ProVape can't continue rest on their laurels.

    When ProVape offers a ProVari with variable wattage and variable voltage and 510 and eGo threading, I might give it another look. Until then my MVP2's offer me everything a ProVari does at a fraction of the cost. And even though the MVP is considered "disposable", The MVP2 is SOOOO affordable, it will take a long time for me to break even with the cost of a ProVari.

    I really have to ask myself a question. If I buy a ProVari today, do I forsee it being my primary Vaping device in 2019?
    Last edited by p.opus; 01-09-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

  5. #25
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Firstly let me say thank you to cearamm for such an informative post. But I would also like to thank p.opus for posting a very informative counter argument.

    Being new to vaping I'm still learning about all this stuff and both of those posts were extremely helpful and informative.

  6. #26
    PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    glassgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,047
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I love the challenge of these arguments, they make me think. And after thinking about it, I think you make some excellent superficial points that really don't hold up to closer scrutiny. My responses in red, and truncated your argument a bit because a point by point would probably exceed the word count allowed:P.

    Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    I will attempt to play devils advocate and try to put forward a reasonable and fair counterpoint.

    1. Price

    Price is still a large barrier to entry for many people. No one will argue the quality of a Provari. That is not the question. The question is value.

    I have two MVP 2's and a VV3 as backup. Even at suggested retail, All three of these devices are less expensive than a Provari Starter kit.

    True

    An MVP 2 easily lasts a year. (mine started to go in 2 months, haven't seen anyone who had one for a year yet).

    There are plenty of MVP 1's still out there. So even if I spend 50 dollars a year on an MVP, then I need to buy 4 MVP's to equal a Provari. In that time, the Provari will go through about $40 dollars in batteries on their own, so now we are up to nearly 5 MVP 2's. This is a ROI of nearly 5 years. This is a very long time. How many of us have been vaping for 5 years, and how many of us will still be using the same vape gear in another 5 years? Just a question.

    Why would you go through $40 of batteries in a year? Rechargeables last 300 recharges minimum. So assuming that you are rotating 2 batteries getting charged every day, that's almost 2 years. And then it's not dead, it's just holding less charge. My Nikon camera battery is nearly as good as new, and I got it in 2007, and recharge 1 about every other day too. 6 years and counting It's just a 1000 mah Li ion battery, the technology on the AW IMR High Drains are better I think (don't know)?

    This doesn't even take into account cost of replacement should I lose my PV. If I lose a Provari through theft, negligence, accident, whatever, There's another $160.00 or 3 more MVP 2's. If I lose an MVP 2, I'm out less than a carton of smokes.

    I don't lose stuff. How do you factor this in? If you lose 1 MVP, you can lose all 4 too

    Also, by choosing lower priced product, I can more easily change with technology, which brings me to point 2.

    Feature Set

    The Provari, when it first came out, had an amazing feature set. The rest of the vaping world has caught up and even surpassed it. Let's look at some of the things that ProVape really needs to look at "improving"

    a. Threading. 510 Threading while still essentially a standard is not a great one. There are tons of stories of 510 connectors getting broken or bent or cross threaded. The Provari is a 510 only device. Ego Cone threading, IMHO solves a lot of the issues with 510 threading. It allows for better airflow and typically provides more surface area so that it is less likely to snap off. While you can get an eGo to 510 converter, there is no excuse why Provape has not modified their device to have eGo and 510 threads standard

    All bigger RBA are 510 threaded. All ego threaded atomizers I know of are bought heads. Why would anyone who was cost conscious choose an Ego headed atomizer if they have the choice of spending $2 a head vs $.08 for wire/cotton ball? Sure, someday someone might build a decent Ego RBA, but what for? Sure, new advances can come out, but you can use your $.08 rebuild forever in your stainless steel RBA, it becomes an option, not a necessity to 'upgrade'. Yes, they can make vaping illegal, and so long as we can get nic juice (or make our own), we're still vaping... even if batteries become illegal to sell

    b. No Variable Wattage: Whatever your opinion is, Variable Wattage is here to stay. While variable voltage offers a depth of control beyond what is possible with variable wattage, variable wattage, is an extremely nice feature. I have 4 Mini Protank 2's and it's nice not to care what my atty resistance is. I set my device to 7.0 watts and get a very satisfactory vape. It is rather shocking that ProVape has been dragging it's heels on this. They were one of the first ones out of the gate to do Variable Voltage "right". The Provari is amazing in that there is no discernible lag detectable until the very last draw is very impressive. I am shocked that they are one of the last ones to enter the variable wattage arena. Current ProVari users are used to adjusting their voltage, so Variable Wattage is not for them. However it is essential to entice new users, and to pay a premium price for an inferior feature set makes no sense to most people. Given that ProVari is considered a gold standard in construction quality and voltage regulation, it makes no sense not to take this new technology and run with it. Variable wattage is not like 3d movies, it is not a gimmick. I use my MVP exclusively on Variable wattage simply to avoid having to tinker constantly with my device, and my device maintains wattage effectively enough to do this.

    A few weeks ago, I wouldn't know enough to argue this point. But now that I have a LOT more batteries with VW, specifically: MVP2, VTR, 134, VV VV3, Sigelei ZMax Mini, I see no advantage whatsoever in VW... at least not as represented by these mods compared to the Provari. I don't have a DNA20 yet to know if that would be better... but given that those mods cost as much as $600, it doesn't matter, they cost 3x a Provari, so they aren't exactly comparable to what you are talking about. What you are talking about is not comparable to a Provari. I just got the Sigelei ZMax... yesterday. And it's very nice. But it's not a Provari. And funny, but I use Volts to set it, because the Power is not very useful. I use Volts on the MVP2 as well. I see no advantage in using Power, and for some reason, Volts are easier to figure. It's like English vs Metric. So the WHOLE WORLD uses Metric, and has for 20 years. I assume you are American. Do you think in Cm or inches? Do you know what you weigh in Kg? Well, I don't. I can find it, but I don't use it, and I don't remember it. Volts vs Amps is exactly the same thing. We are creatures of habit. My short experience has established Volts as my habit. And that means that Power VW settings annoy me, and I don't need it. Matter of fact, if something DOES NOT offer VV, I won't buy it unless it has the unique factor (134). Nothing else is going to compel me to EVER buy a VW only battery, until VV no longer exists. But it will, because I'll still have my Provari. Just like I won't buy a car that doesn't have MPH on the speed gauge. And I don't think I'm alone in this.

    As for device tinkering, I set my VV and I don't need to tinker with it again on a Provari. The vape's the same from the first draw til the battery light blinks. You like VW, you use VW, and you're still tinkering? With VV, I don't tinker til I change the ohms on my atomizer. And I don't need to do that either unless I'm rebuilding


    The bottom line is that the ProVari is an amazing PV. However, it is no longer cutting edge. It is priced at the higher end, and does not provide some of the features that it's competitors do. It still is exclusively a 510 threaded device and has not yet provided any changes to it's feature set except to raise the amperage rating to 3.5 amps.

    The bottom line is... I don't think anyone buys a Provari for cutting edge. What's cutting edge about a battery? It's a mod battery. You want it to turn on and off and keep a steady level and power your atomizer. Tell me, when you go to buy a flashlight, you MUST find one with 15 light settings? You know, red lights, blinking lights, lights that blink in different colors, lights that blink to the beat of music, lights that have 5 dim settings? Because when I want a flashlight, I want the one that lasts forever, I can hit someone over the head with it if I have to, and if I get lost in a cave, so long as I have more batteries, it won't leave me in the dark because the switch broke. That's all I want from a flashlight or a PV. That's the only feature I will pay more for... how durable is that flashlight. I don't care how many levels of dim it comes with or how many flashing light sequences it offers. That's not the point of a flashlight. And yes, I'd use that same boring flashlight for the next 20 years. And buy another one just like it to replace it. Maybe I'm just uncreative.


    Right now there is ONLY one scenario I can see owning a ProVari in it's current form. The Vapocalypse.... If I believe that the e-cig market would die within a week, I would buy a ProVari right now because I would have to rely on it's high quality to provide me with years of service in a market where e-cigs and supplies are not available. I would want a PV that would survive the Vapocalypse. And if the Vapocalypse occurs, then even ProVape would not survive.

    If all you had was a Provari, what are you going to smoke in it? Tobacco? The atomizer and juice is way bigger a deal than the battery.

    IMHO ProVape needs desperately to update it's offerings beyond color schemes and tube design. They need to continue to be a front runner not only in build quality but in cutting edge feature set. Here's some things my MVP offers at 1/4 the price.

    1. USB passthrough (This costs an additional 75 bucks on the Provari and you have to remove the battery to implement it.)
    2. Built in charger. I don't have to carry around a separate charger. Yes, I can carry extra batteries, but my MVP can be charged from any micro USB capable charging device. I can literally carry all I need to charge my MVP in my front pocket.
    3. Ability to charge my cell phone. Gimmicky? Maybe, but I have used this feature to make emergency calls using my MVP 2 to charge my phone.
    4. Variable Wattage - Not available on the Provari
    5. Ego and 510 threading, standard.....No need for an external adapter.

    You hit the nail on the head here. The USB charging is a big convenience for me too. It's why I have 2 MPV2 also. Pass-through, not so much. If I can charge the MVP, I already had to carry a charger. But car or laptop charging is great. Course, you could do that with a portable battery charger and have 6 Provari batteries all charged in your car in the time it would take you to charge your MVP in the car USB, and tangled in the cord while you vape. Just saying.

    Emergency call? That is a good one. Haven't been in that situation, but I like that feature too. But that assumes I remembered to carry the charger. If I didn't remember to charge my cell phone, why would I have a USB charger on me?

    Ego threading is useless when there's no powerful atomizer that uses it. Even my twist/Spinners spend most of their time wearing the 510 beauty ring. The only thing I can see that uses Ego threading today is the Aspire ET-S. Nothing else that gives a good vape does. Maybe someday


    The vaping community continues to move at a fast pace. The quality of these newer products are getting better and better. ProVape can't continue rest on their laurels.

    Of course they can. Building more features into a flashlight doesn't mean a basic flashlight becomes obsolete. Ever. The only thing I've seen flashlights change for are better, longer lasting batteries. If we improve on battery technology, and Provari don't keep up, then they are finished. But that's the one and only reason.

    When ProVape offers a ProVari with variable wattage and variable voltage and 510 and eGo threading, I might give it another look. Until then my MVP2's offer me everything a ProVari does at a fraction of the cost. And even though the MVP is considered "disposable", The MVP2 is SOOOO affordable, it will take a long time for me to break even with the cost of a ProVari.

    The reason you ought to give Provari a look is because it makes your juice taste better, and offers a level of power consistency, flavor, and I dunno.. DEPTH to juice, that must be experienced to be appreciated. And this taste difference is very much like telling someone eating a good steak that your hamburger is exactly the same thing and tastes the same too. Well, they're both beef, and these are both batteries. But you absolutely deprive yourself of something by convincing yourself that your hamburger is the same as steak. If they cost exactly the same, someone might still pick a McDonald's hamburger over a Steak House aged beef steak. But no one would claim they tasted the same.

    I really have to ask myself a question. If I buy a ProVari today, do I forsee it being my primary Vaping device in 2019?
    Well, I've used the same flashlight type for 20 years, so why not? I'm sure I'll still have it in 2019. Can't say the same for any other battery. And why would a Provari need to last that long anyway? It's the price of ONE MONTH worth of smelly cigarettes for most of us. Something most people would not expect a return on. Big deal on the price. If the Provari broke in 4 months, I got my money's worth. Anything past that and it's free enjoyment of money I wouldn't have noticed missing.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Cearamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    241
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Wow, lots of great points and an interesting discussion to be had! Im proud to have sparked such interest.

    And thank you Glassgal for the rebuttal, i was wanting to do the same thing but i didnt have access to my ipad...

    Since someone brought up he whole Apple computer thing, id like to elaborate in that and tie it back into the vape discussion.

    I purchased a MacBook Pro back in 2008 for graphic design and photography school. To this day, my computer runs like a champ. I did replace the hard disk, but that is due to me dropping the machine repeatedly off my counter. Like probably 10-20 times onto hard tile. Literally has been running thru thick and thin for almost 7-8 years. Now my fiancee has a typical Windows machine that is so clogged up from the poor security and lacking operating system that i have to debug it monthly or it lags and takes hours to run simple tasks. I have neveronce had to remove malware or bad stuff from my Apple. Her mother has a Samsung Galaxy S4, which after 6 months is starting to show issues with firmware and virus issues. Virus on cell phone? Huh?!

    Anyway the point of this comparison is apt. Provape makes its hardware and software in house and achieves seamless integration because of ths. Very much like Apple does. Other mods use the same chipset on different hardware variations, so the integration simply cannot be as good and Provape. Much like Windows software and the 100+ computer manufacturers out there.

    This leads to a better user experience overall.

    Keep the discussion flowing, this is fun!

    Also my thoughts on cell phone chargers on vapes? Totally unnecessary. Its almost as though they are making up for issues in the system by offering frivolous features to sort of push those issues under the rug so to speak. Just IMO, of course


    Peace !
    NiNi and glassgal like this.

  8. #28
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    p.opus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glassgal View Post
    I love the challenge of these arguments, they make me think. And after thinking about it, I think you make some excellent superficial points that really don't hold up to closer scrutiny. My responses in red, and truncated your argument a bit because a point by point would probably exceed the word count allowed:P.



    Well, I've used the same flashlight type for 20 years, so why not? I'm sure I'll still have it in 2019. Can't say the same for any other battery. And why would a Provari need to last that long anyway? It's the price of ONE MONTH worth of smelly cigarettes for most of us. Something most people would not expect a return on. Big deal on the price. If the Provari broke in 4 months, I got my money's worth. Anything past that and it's free enjoyment of money I wouldn't have noticed missing.
    You make good points, but several things:

    1. All RBA's use 510 threading. That's great for RBA users, but a lot of people have no desire to drip. I use Mini Protank II's. and rewick my heads. A lot of vapers use clearomizers or cartomizers. The point wasn't to ditch 510 threading but to have 510 threading exclusively. 510 is still a standard, but most people think it sucks as a standard. Just because eGo cone threading is not being used now doesn't mean it won't or shouldn't be used in the future.

    2. Obviously for RDA's variable wattage is a moot issue. But for a lot of the vaping community using clearomizers and cartos and cartotanks, this is an issue. I have 4 mini protank 2's with a different flavor in each one. I swap flavors regularly. Thus my atty resistance changes every time I swap the tank. If I was at variable voltage, then I would have to adjust after each swap. With variable wattage it's not an issue. Again, the argument was not whether variable wattage is needed. It's that ProVape has yet to add a variable wattage component and for many of us, it IS a deal breaker because we don't use RDA's and change tanks/clearos.

    3. You mention that on one point the ProVari is "just a battery" which is why it doesn't need to be cutting edge, but then say it adds a "depth" to juice because of it's consistency. So which is it? I would argue that the MVP offers the same level of performance. The scope data bears this out. If you look on a scope at the Provari and the MVP you will see the same signal type. The MVP also hits consistently all the way until it begins to show red.

    You also don't take into account the whole placebo effect. You spent $160 on a ProVari, your expectation of a ProVari is already that it is "better". Your mind is already pre-programmed to expect it to be "better". So when you compare with your MVP, you expect it to out perform the MVP.

    4. I don't know what happened to your MVP 2 that it started "going" in 2 months. It uses a LiPo battery that should have the exact same performance characteristics of the 18650's. Plus there are several MVP 1's out there going strong that use the same LiPo battery system. So I have no reason to expect why mine won't last similarly.

    5. You state that you don't lose stuff. Great, maybe you don't. But the fact is, you can get stuff stolen, you can leave something behind, or any one of many things that happen that may or may not be under your control. Even If I owned a Provari, I would not feel comfortable using it out in public, because "stuff happens" and when "stuff happens" I don't wish to be out $160.00 With an MVP2, it is low enough cost, that if "stuff happens" I can replace it immediately.

    Bottom line, is there is no "one size fits all". As an RDA user, the Provari meets your needs, as a Mini Protank 2 user, there are several things that is lacking in the Provari, (VW and Ego threading) as well as it is 4 times the cost. So for me, it is not a viable option as of today.

    If they start offering VW and eGo threading, or if I experiment with vaping more and move into using RDA's then I might change my mind.
    Last edited by p.opus; 01-10-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    jimwantstoquit likes this.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

  9. #29
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thezoo View Post
    I have considered the purchase of one the only 3 reasons I havent done so is
    1 my wife isnt thrilled with the price
    2 no variable wattage mode I use a kayfun and dont stress over my resistance as long as it is less than 3 ohms more than1.2 ohms is good enough for me ( went to college for electronics so I know ohms law quite well)
    3 a person I know always gives the same answer about devices " get a provari"
    Example im trying to decide wether to buy an mvp of a vamo " get a provari"
    Ineed a new device for 100 bucks or less and cant decide between the svd or vv v3 which should I get " get a provari:" I just said I only have 100 bucks then go without till you can afford a provari

    There is a mindset out there about several things in this world we live in you dont have a car unless its a bmw,lb It wont play music unless its an ipod your phone is garbage unless its an iphone its not coffee unless its starbucks
    All of these things have a following as with many things for many reasons I just have a tuff time seeing past the attitude associated with apple products starbucks bmws and provaris
    I may buy one someday (provari that is ) I have held one in my hand. Beautiful device but then that guy had to open his mouth " your not a vaper unless you have a provari"
    So instead I bought an mvp thanks to his attitude problem im sorry if my rant ruffles any feathers its not my intention to but I wouldd like to urge people to tone down retoric a bit
    I have a somewhat similar problem with the provari... It might be a GREAT pv but the way people praise it as the only true pv actually makes me back away from it rather than run towards it... I see the warranty and the followers as proof on the quality... But i find the price way to high for old technology... Its a single button menu with exactly the same features as a vamo except the VW settings... 1 button might be so less can break but i call it being lazy... They dont feel like making 3 buttons that cant break and they dont feel like making it capable of VW...

    Followers call it great... I call it outdated technology from a lazy company...


    My two cents and it aint up for discussion


    __________________________
    M16 helio 0,35
    Galileo helio/chimbus 0,5/0,4
    Bolt carto tank
    Vamo vivi/protank
    Kts+ igo-w 0,7

  10. #30
    PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    glassgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,047
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    You make good points, but several things:

    1. All RBA's use 510 threading. That's great for RBA users, but a lot of people have no desire to drip. I use Mini Protank II's. and rewick my heads. A lot of vapers use clearomizers or cartomizers. The point wasn't to ditch 510 threading but to have 510 threading exclusively. 510 is still a standard, but most people think it sucks as a standard. Just because eGo cone threading is not being used now doesn't mean it won't or shouldn't be used in the future.

    Provari work great with a carto. For a clearo, why would you need anything stronger than a Ego anything? Egos are amazing actually. If I wanted to stick with clearo, I'd just stick with Egos... and absolutely, MVP2. Please note that I bought all these other PV AFTER I bought the Provari. You'd think that the novelty of the new toys would take over my love of the old toy (Provari). Not a chance. The Provari is just amazing.

    It has nothing to do with being a fan, because again, I bought the new toys AFTER the Provari, and obviously wanted each new toy. My progression went, Bloog, MVP2, Provari, then everything else. But like Woody and Buzz Lightyear, Provari 2.0 and Provari 2.5 have kept their favored spots. This is awe sure, but only because it's justified. I'm perfectly capable of shredding something I dislike.

    An argument against a superior product because others appreciate it's value is like only drinking bad beer because too many others like good beer makes no sense to me. That could just be me.


    2. Obviously for RDA's variable wattage is a moot issue. But for a lot of the vaping community using clearomizers and cartos and cartotanks, this is an issue. I have 4 mini protank 2's with a different flavor in each one. I swap flavors regularly. Thus my atty resistance changes every time I swap the tank. If I was at variable voltage, then I would have to adjust after each swap. With variable wattage it's not an issue. Again, the argument was not whether variable wattage is needed. It's that ProVape has yet to add a variable wattage component and for many of us, it IS a deal breaker because we don't use RDA's and change tanks/clearos.

    Redundant

    3. You mention that on one point the ProVari is "just a battery" which is why it doesn't need to be cutting edge, but then say it adds a "depth" to juice because of it's consistency. So which is it? I would argue that the MVP offers the same level of performance. The scope data bears this out. If you look on a scope at the Provari and the MVP you will see the same signal type. The MVP also hits consistently all the way until it begins to show red.

    No, aside from the obvious comparison, the data does NOT bear out that the MVP offers the same level of performance. It's been pointed out by others multiple times. Since I'm an electrical idiot, I'll leave that argument up to them. I could care less about cutting edge, repeated this already. I care about performance. YOU can tell how accurate every sense of your body is. If you hold 2 flashlights in your hand, you can visibly see which is brighter and dimmer. If you listen to 2 sounds, you can tell which is louder and softer. If you pick up 2 objects, you can tell which is lighter and heavier. You taste 2 things, you can tell which is better. You just can. I don't care what measurements say. Every single person who demonstrated they owned both units can tell you that the Provari tastes different from an MVP2. The only person who claimed to own both and could not tell a difference showed a pix of a wrapped Sigelei as evidence of her Provari (the button/screen are different, despite the nearly identical form factor. You can tell even when wrapped). *shrug*

    Whether this is objective or subjective... who cares. Everyone seems to detect it. Now this is more noticeable with certain juices and atomizer. Little atomizers show much less difference because they have less capability. Maybe that's what it is. I don't know. You should notice a difference with a Protank too.


    You also don't take into account the whole placebo effect. You spent $160 on a ProVari, your expectation of a ProVari is already that it is "better". Your mind is already pre-programmed to expect it to be "better". So when you compare with your MVP, you expect it to out perform the MVP.

    I don't need to. I bought most of my toys AFTER my Provari, they were the new favored toys to dethrone my old beat up toy. And they lost. I forgot about the Provari cost after I got them, sort of like candles and batteries. Nothing placebo for me about the effect. As for outperforming my MVP2, no, I bought another MVP2 a week ago. I love my MVP2, and I'll probably always have one for travel. It was my first big PV, and I'll probably own 20 of them by the time I need a new Provari. It doesn't insult the MVP2 that the Provari tastes better. There's still a place for the MVP2. But the Provari tastes better.

    4. I don't know what happened to your MVP 2 that it started "going" in 2 months. It uses a LiPo battery that should have the exact same performance characteristics of the 18650's. Plus there are several MVP 1's out there going strong that use the same LiPo battery system. So I have no reason to expect why mine won't last similarly.

    Me either. I now have 2, so we'll see.

    5. You state that you don't lose stuff. Great, maybe you don't. But the fact is, you can get stuff stolen, you can leave something behind, or any one of many things that happen that may or may not be under your control. Even If I owned a Provari, I would not feel comfortable using it out in public, because "stuff happens" and when "stuff happens" I don't wish to be out $160.00 With an MVP2, it is low enough cost, that if "stuff happens" I can replace it immediately.

    True. This logic that leads you to buying something you can afford to lose should mean that you stop arguing for the MVP2 immediately, and buy a dozen Ego-C's. Losing a $10 PV is better than a $40 PV. It's all relative. So a Ego user, which happens to have Ego threading, can use that same logic on you. You buying it?

    Bottom line, is there is no "one size fits all". As an RDA user, the Provari meets your needs, as a Mini Protank 2 user, there are several things that is lacking in the Provari, (VW and Ego threading) as well as it is 4 times the cost. So for me, it is not a viable option as of today.

    If they start offering VW and eGo threading, or if I experiment with vaping more and move into using RDA's then I might change my mind.
    I am curious... you love Ego threading. Why are you even considering moving to the Provari to argue about it?

    The ideal unit for Ego threading is Ego. Ego's are amazing little batteries that take a licking and keep on ticking too. With ego threaded atomizers/clearos, Ego works the best. Why MVP2? Ego charging is a bit funny, but the other end is a USB or plug, it doesnt' get easier than that. WHY would you even consider a Provari? You don't even need a MVP2 for what you claim to want.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks