Provari V2.5 with vents on the cap
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Provari V2.5 with vents on the cap

Default Provari V2.5 with vents on the cap

Hi everyone,

It seems Provape has done something new with their Provari's. I received my Provari V2.5 a month ago and the tank I use is the Kanger Pro Tank 2. Alot of people are saying that these aren't 100% compatible for the simple reason that it will gurgle and spit due to the air vents not being enough on the Provari. This however hasn't been the case with my Provari I received. My Provari has vents on the cap and this seems to have sorted out any gurgle and spitting issues with my Pro Tank 2. The Pro Tank 2 sits tight on my Provari and there is no need to loosen it a bit for airflow. It draws better than a cigarette with more vape :-)

I can say though that the release of these vented Provari's aren't consistent because I ordered another Provari for my fiance after my one and it doesn't have the vents like mine, her one is definitely struggling with gurgle and spit as she has the Pro Tank 2 and no vents like mine on her Provari. She has to loosen the tank a bit to get good airflow. I have taken her Tank and put it on mine and visa versa and it never spits with me but does with her.

Any thoughts on this and have you seen the vented Provari cap?

Below is an image of the difference.

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Blog Entries

This is a new design seen within the last couple of weeks.

I've saw in my local vape shop, a married couple, who got new Provari's within a days time of each other. The husband's mini didn't have the new vented top, while the wife's standard did have the new top.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm sure Provape is exhausting existing supplies before the Provaris with the new slotted top caps are released. It probably depends on what color you order.

Thanks for the feedback guys, my next question will then be why would they give a Provari starter pack that includes the Pro Tank 2 when they know it's not 100% compatible? I have three Pro Tank 2's and also many atomizers and wasted opening a brand new sealed Pro Tank 2 and 2 atomizers on trying to fix the issue when I realized the caps looked different.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't have airflow issues with my Protank, but enough people did, I suppose. So they took feedback and incorporated a new design.

For your wife, I suggest the ProVape ring for 10 bucks.

ProVari Tank Ring

It won't taper as nice with the protank, but the groves provide adequate airflow and you should be able to vape your ProTank2 with no issues.

Others buy the aerotank base from kanger tech and use it on their protanks as well.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    I don't have airflow issues with my Protank, but enough people did, I suppose. So they took feedback and incorporated a new design.

For your wife, I suggest the ProVape ring for 10 bucks.

ProVari Tank Ring

It won't taper as nice with the protank, but the groves provide adequate airflow and you should be able to vape your ProTank2 with no issues.

Others buy the aerotank base from kanger tech and use it on their protanks as well.
    Thanks P.opus, I ordered the Aerotank yesterday already, just seems so unnecessary to add extra weight and length to it. I'm pondering if I shouldn't request a return and a new Provari considering I ordered another one because I loved my one (new design). I have to be honest though, if I received the one she did and had as many gurgle and spitting problems I would have sold it and kept on with the cigs. Thank God people actually do research and don't simply move back to smokes.

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The aerotank base from kanger tech is the way to go. I Have them on 5 of my pro-tanks both 1 and 2

This is for My wife and I, Satin black ProVari, Backup Mat Stainless ProVari,
    Backup for backup dragon ProVari all with pro 2 tanks with aero air flow.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The top cap change is new.
    I'd be bummed too if I got one with the vents, ordered another and it came without vents....
    You may want to email ProVape, explain the problem, and ask if they'd change the top cap for you. It would probably cost $5 one way shipping, but my guess is they'd agree to do it.

Alternatively, the Aerotank base for $5 is VERY useful if you're going to use ProTanks ANYWAY.

The trouble with ProTanks and ProVariiii is that the ProTank is INCONSISTENT. I have about 4 or 5 that work fine, and 1 that doesn't. It's got to do with the length of the 510 threading, and the location IN that threading of the airhole. I think ProVape chose it, knowing it wasn't perfect, but also knowing it was a VERY popular topper that people would usually be happy with. It'd be nice if they had their own ProVape quality clearo - but they just don't.
    lizziebith likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have been messing with Protank II's for months now, another recommendation for the Aerobase here. It makes a world of difference with them, that and re-wicking with cotton once the silica is gunked up. My PT II's are happily cranking out tons of vapor on my new Provari
    7/11/13 The day that I accidentally quit smoking!
    50 Cigs a day avoided since that fateful date :)

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

ProVape needs to make their own ProFun (Kayfun variant) with a Z-Atty Pro style base. All stainless and glass for $99.
    ...or a camping bar. I'd take that too.

Chowderhead1972 and AngiBe like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast