SerenityGear Leather - Short Sleeve! And new designs! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: SerenityGear Leather - Short Sleeve! And new designs!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WorksForMe View Post
    Is that leather stopper just glued in? I use a Mini in 18350 mode with a Serenity sleeve. It would be pretty cool if I could remove the stopper and then use a Tatroe extender ring and the upcoming Provarinati end cap.

J.R.
    I put the Tatroe extender on my mini and it comes out to the bottom of the sleeve I modified and the new bottomless sleeve I ordered in the regular size. If you are into creating what you want out of what someone else made, I would do it. It is nice not to have to slide it over the Provari every time you change the battery. Bear in mind that the leather probably will relax down the road. The bottomless sleeves are $20, I think, if you don't want to take the stopper out of yours.
    WorksForMe likes this.

When you spend enough time with a lion, the idea of roaring becomes more and more reasonable.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran kas122461's Avatar

Here are some of the sleeves that I own, some of my Provari's as well, note the tape on the mini, in the 1st pic on the right, has been removed, I had it on it to keep it from moving in the sleeve.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

KAS
    COHgirl and Train2 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by COHgirl View Post
    I put the Tatroe extender on my mini and it comes out to the bottom of the sleeve I modified and the new bottomless sleeve I ordered in the regular size. If you are into creating what you want out of what someone else made, I would do it. It is nice not to have to slide it over the Provari every time you change the battery. Bear in mind that the leather probably will relax down the road. The bottomless sleeves are $20, I think, if you don't want to take the stopper out of yours.
    Thanks. When Cigtechs has Tatroe rings in stock again, I’ll probably modify the sleeve I have, unless Tim makes some brown bottomless sleeves. I’m not really worried about my sleeve getting too loose. I had to stretch it out a little just so I get my Provari out without too much trouble.

How did you get the blue color off your dolphin sleeve?

J.R.

"If you're not at the table; you're on the menu."

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

How did you get the blue color off your dolphin sleeve?

J.R.
    Soap and sandpaper. I conditioned the leather later. I like to rehab leather purses so I already had stuff around to clean it up with.
    WorksForMe likes this.

When you spend enough time with a lion, the idea of roaring becomes more and more reasonable.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMonster View Post
    You are not talking about me but I do want one! And the one available is a mini, which means I need a mini Provari and the funds are not available for either right now. =C
    I just received a really unexpected check in the mail today!

I will be taking 1 of the 2 purple ones available ^.^

Now to decide which mini to pair it with. I want a green one.. but the shade I desire only exists on the hybrid of which I have in standard and doesn't seem to be available in mini.

The black one direct from Provape is most likely the one I will buy. But I am curious as to how the finish holds up with use of the Serenity Gear sleeves. My blue/green seems to be fairing very well and I am positive that it would be far worse off with out the sleeve by now. I only ask because the majority used black Provari' seem to have more wear on the finish as opposed to other colors that I have seen.

I suppose it really doesn't matter as it would be mostly kept in the sleeve... Thoughts?

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My Black/Red Hybrid has been in a SGL sleeve for 6 weeks and looks none the worse for wear.

I like my sleeve snug. I soaked it in warm water, warmed in oven @ 160F to dry and to Sno-Seal it. Good stuff.

Warning - Sno-Seal darkens lighter leather. My brown sleeves are almost black.
    Last edited by Mowgli; 06-14-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    ShinyMonster likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran kas122461's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMonster View Post
    I just received a really unexpected check in the mail today!

I will be taking 1 of the 2 purple ones available ^.^

Now to decide which mini to pair it with. I want a green one.. but the shade I desire only exists on the hybrid of which I have in standard and doesn't seem to be available in mini.

The black one direct from Provape is most likely the one I will buy. But I am curious as to how the finish holds up with use of the Serenity Gear sleeves. My blue/green seems to be fairing very well and I am positive that it would be far worse off with out the sleeve by now. I only ask because the majority used black Provari' seem to have more wear on the finish as opposed to other colors that I have seen.

I suppose it really doesn't matter as it would be mostly kept in the sleeve... Thoughts?
    The most durable finish's are the all stainless, or the Zen coat finishes, I never really liked the colors they offer, other then the black, but I have seen several pics of the wear on them, so no colors for me.

KAS
    ShinyMonster likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by kas122461 View Post
    The most durable finish's are the all stainless, or the Zen coat finishes, I never really liked the colors they offer, other then the black, but I have seen several pics of the wear on them, so no colors for me.

KAS

Ah yes so far I have not seen a zen coat that I like, royal purple metallic would be nice though.

The thought of stainless steel just doesn't make me giddy.

Thanks for the info Mowgli & Kas!

I'm going to take a chance and get the black mini with green LED and pair it with the mentioned sleeve.
    COHgirl and kas122461 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by COHgirl View Post
    Thanks for this tip! I just got a black Tatroe ring. It sticks out of the bottom of my regular SG sleeve about 1/8 of an inch with the stopper removed. I love it!

Now if I only had a custom Provarinati end cap........ Has anyone heard anything about them from Provape lately?

J.R.
    COHgirl likes this.

"If you're not at the table; you're on the menu."

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for this tip! I just got a black Tatroe ring. It sticks out of the bottom of my regular SG sleeve about 1/8 of an inch with the stopper removed. I love it!
    Please post pix

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast