SerenityGear Leather - Short Sleeve! And new designs! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: SerenityGear Leather - Short Sleeve! And new designs!

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lizziebith View Post
    Ocey -- I saw the reports on the Emerald Green, but mine hasn't had any wear at all, and it goes in and out of a wooden carousel all day. Not a scratch. Most of my immense collection is older/used ProVarii. The only one that looks worn is the one I thought might be a "chrome black." Which I guess is just an older satin finish, as there is some doubt about whether minis were made at the time. Anyway, the new ones: emerald, black, zombie, gold, bronze...all look pristine. YMMV.
    I don't have marks on any of my colored ones (including green) and they go in and out of the snug sleeves all the time to change batteries. I meant that I have seen more posts about wear to colors in general than I have ever seen before.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trypno View Post
    Those green and golds have drawn my eye, that would look so good with my bronze...
    However, the one thing that makes it a no sale for me is not being able to change the battery while it's still in the sleeve. The convenience of my Vegas Bindery sleeve has spoiled me
    I have a medium brown sleeve with gold highlights on my bwonze/gween, it looks fab. I need to take pictures.
    Trypno likes this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    I don't have marks on any of my colored ones (including green) and they go in and out of the snug sleeves all the time to change batteries. I meant that I have seen more posts about wear to colors in general than I have ever seen before.
    So have I (seen the posts) and I was trying to address it with my experience. As in: the colors I have seem to be wearing well. Old and new.
    I love my minis -- Taste the RAINBOW -- 19 ProVarii, and counting!

Super Member Verified Member Trypno's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    I have a medium brown sleeve with gold highlights on my bwonze/gween, it looks fab. I need to take pictures.
    Yes, yes you do, that sounds like it would match nicely.

Lizzie did you retract your own Provarinati status?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kbf101998 View Post
    I know--it is a struggle to get everything lined up when putting it in the sleeve. I don't use mine everyday--but use it when I need to hook it to my belt loop, generally when I am at a dog event or outdoors without a purse. I have looked for something that I could use to stretch it a little, but haven't found anything.
    The good news is that after several uses--it will stretch a little.

I like the idea of taking out a little on the bottom so that it does not need to be removed to change the battery.
    I’ve used the “waxpaper method” to stretch one of my holsters and a sleeve. I learned about it on the old Provari forum.

You just wrap multiple layers of waxpaper around a Provari and then put it in the sleeve and let it sit for a day or two. I had to tape the paper to the Provari, so it wouldn’t come off when I pushed it into the sleeve. I started with two layers of waxpaper and then moved up to four. You have to experiment a little until you get the sleeve stretched the right amount.

The sleeve or holster might shrink back a little after you stretch it, so you might have to stretch it again, but don’t go too much at one time. I did this with a holster that was almost unusable. It worked great.

J.R.
    Last edited by WorksForMe; 06-27-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    lizziebith, Train2 and kbf101998 like this.

"If you're not at the table; you're on the menu."

In the Sheepiezone Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WorksForMe View Post
    I’ve used the “waxpaper method” to stretch one of my holsters and a sleeve. I learned about it on the old Provari forum.

You just wrap multiple layers of waxpaper around a Provari and then put it in the sleeve and let it sit for a day or two. I had to tape the paper to the Provari, so it wouldn’t come off when I pushed it into the sleeve. I started with two layers of waxpaper and then moved up to four. You have to experiment a little until you get the sleeve stretched the right amount.

The sleeve or holster might shrink back a little after you stretch it, so you might have to stretch it again, but don’t go too much at one time. I did this with a holster that was almost unusable. It worked great.

J.R.
    Thanks for the idea!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good tip for break-in, thanks.

The little scratches, I fear, will now easily be expanded with any additional rubbing - so I do think I'll wait 'til I have (or buy) a unit where I don't care about the cosmetic finish, and then I'll use that one in the sleeve...

Quote Originally Posted by WorksForMe View Post

J.R.
    lizziebith and kbf101998 like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456