Thoughts on this Version 3 rumor?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Thoughts on this Version 3 rumor?

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Thoughts on this Version 3 rumor?

Saw this on another forum, complete BS or is there a method to his madness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vap0rj0es
    Ill just leave this here...

Evolv is coming out with a new board that also controls temperature.

Provape is coming out with a new Provari that goes to 24 watts with an all new display.

This is all confirmed. I do not have pictures at this time. Within 2 months.
    Harleybarbie likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I call BS. Atleast for some of it. If he's talking about coil temperature then the only way a chip could control it would be to have a sensor near the coil to provide feedback to the chip of coil temperature. That would take some bit of programming and engineering.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

PV Master Verified Member Ozwald's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they've stayed tight lipped this long why would they tell that douchebag... especially without an NDA.
    DPLongo22 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's possible. The temp thing is separate - not about the ProVape.
    24 watts and a new display is within the realm of feasible...and Joe Blow knows people who know people, so maybe he got some info...
    I dunno.
    I'm curious about the little things - size, shape, finishes, top-caps, battery configurations, compatibility...god knows I don't want to start another beauty ring collection!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Train2 View Post
    It's possible. The temp thing is separate - not about the ProVape.
    24 watts and a new display is within the realm of feasible...and Joe Blow knows people who know people, so maybe he got some info...
    I dunno.
    I'm curious about the little things - size, shape, finishes, top-caps, battery configurations, compatibility...god knows I don't want to start another beauty ring collection!
    Not utilizing a flat top design would be unwise.

A whole new taper would be epically stupid.
    dailywalker and Miata GT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twizted View Post
    I call BS. Atleast for some of it. If he's talking about coil temperature then the only way a chip could control it would be to have a sensor near the coil to provide feedback to the chip of coil temperature. That would take some bit of programming and engineering.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    Without a sensor you could simply enter the coil gauge and number of coils. The device would detect the resistance and come up with the coil surface area on its own. From there it would be a calculation based on wattage being spread out over the surface area, resulting in an estimated heat range. You could have presets for your builds. Select your 28ga, 1.5ohm single coil preset and choose the temperature range for the type of juice you will be vaping. After all, wattage doesn't create vapor, but heat does.

All speculation, but Provape seems to be pretty conservative. I'd guess maybe different engraving on the tube. Maybe just adding a "3". Minimal expense on their part if they can drop a new board into the existing design. Plus they can sell board upgrades. Add VW, a slight power increase (slight because the components have to fit onto the current board footprint), and maybe an extra display digit. Don't think there's big changes afoot. Not like they're gonna screw up a good thing and release a box mod.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winder View Post
    All speculation, but Provape seems to be pretty conservative. I'd guess maybe different engraving on the tube. Maybe just adding a "3". Minimal expense on their part if they can drop a new board into the existing design. Plus they can sell board upgrades. Add VW, a slight power increase (slight because the components have to fit onto the current board footprint), and maybe an extra display digit. Don't think there's big changes afoot. Not like they're gonna screw up a good thing and release a box mod.
    The continued sale of the v2.5 begs to differ. If it were that small of a change, there's no reason they'd be selling both of them side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwald View Post
    The continued sale of the v2.5 begs to differ. If it were that small of a change, there's no reason they'd be selling both of them side by side.
    Just from a business standpoint, say your company is growing by manufacturing and selling a product that the critics are saying is outdated. So you come up with a new design that's current, but it costs 50 bucks more. You're already at the high end of the price scale for what it is. Would it make sense to drop a product that's in demand for an even more expensive one - rather than offer people who don't need those new added features a lower cost alternative?

Provape has a very simple business model. They make a safe, reliable, high quality product - and back it up with excellent customer support. They're not trying to appeal to the cloud chasing crowd, so they don't need to double the device's output. Just having what's considered the indusrty standard feature set, a little more power, and superior build quality and reliability is going to sell the v3.

They've also become their own worst enemy - because what they currently make is so good. They've got to watch the cost of the v3, or it won't sell. And if they cut corners to hold down the cost (like making it out of aluminum, or thinner stainless) they'd probably have a near revolt from the current customer base. After all, if I order a v3 it better be as nice as my previous ProVari.

So about all that leaves is an updated product that continues to do what its always done. Nothing radically different - these guys aren't very radical.
    DPLongo22 and MattF like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winder View Post
    Just from a business standpoint, say your company is growing by manufacturing and selling a product that the critics are saying is outdated. So you come up with a new design that's current, but it costs 50 bucks more. You're already at the high end of the price scale for what it is. Would it make sense to drop a product that's in demand for an even more expensive one - rather than offer people who don't need those new added features a lower cost alternative?

Provape has a very simple business model. They make a safe, reliable, high quality product - and back it up with excellent customer support. They're not trying to appeal to the cloud chasing crowd, so they don't need to double the device's output. Just having what's considered the indusrty standard feature set, a little more power, and superior build quality and reliability is going to sell the v3.

They've also become their own worst enemy - because what they currently make is so good. They've got to watch the cost of the v3, or it won't sell. And if they cut corners to hold down the cost (like making it out of aluminum, or thinner stainless) they'd probably have a near revolt from the current customer base. After all, if I order a v3 it better be as nice as my previous ProVari.

So about all that leaves is an updated product that continues to do what its always done. Nothing radically different - these guys aren't very radical.
    You're missing the point. They're not dropping the v2.5. It's been said by a representative of the company, publicly, that the P3 will be sold alongside the v2.5. Otherwise I wouldn't disagree with you one bit.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast