Battery Life of ProVari V2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Battery Life of ProVari V2

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'd go ProVari with AW IMRs just to avoid stacking batteries. May be a little excessive but when I'm sticking the thing in my mouth I'm not taking any chances.

Super Member ECF Veteran Slurp812's Avatar

With 2000 mah batteries, I think it would last a bit longer. Assuming same wattage with each setup.

Closet Assclown ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm running the IMR 18490 1100mah batts that came with the unit, I'm getting around 6 hours per battery. I'm not completely thrilled with the battery life, but I can live with it. How much more capacity do I get if I get the plate extension?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by comptechltd View Post
    Hi all. I was all set to pick up a buzz pro here shortly until I heard of the release of the provari V2. I understand that the battery life is reduced quite a bit with dual coils and understand why. I currently use the stardust and absolutely love it on my mini Volcano at about 4.3 but as is to be expected the battery life kinda sucks.

I guess my main question is...all things being equal....assuming equal carto's be it dual coil or single SR or LR How would the battery life compare on a Buzz Pro with the 2 16340 vs. a Provari V2. with the 18650. (I would definately use the bigger battery). Is one significantly longer that the other??

Steve
    There is no comparison between the buzz pro and the provari. The provari wins in all areas--quality, safety, features. I will not stack batteries. Using AW IMR 1600mah batteries, I'm getting about 10 hours using 1.5ohm dc carto's. I vape moderately to heavy through out the day.

cheers,
    Pete54 likes this.
    Blah, Blah, Blah. And a little more... Blah, Blah, Blah.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When vaping the exact same coil and juice in the same Odysseus, Buzz pro w/powerizers lasts close to the same time as the Provari with 18490. I picked up a used Buzz pro and bought some new powerizer batteries from them because of the huge battery life claimed... its hype.. nothing more.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
    I'm running the IMR 18490 1100mah batts that came with the unit, I'm getting around 6 hours per battery. I'm not completely thrilled with the battery life, but I can live with it. How much more capacity do I get if I get the plate extension?
    AW IMR 18650s are available in 1600 and 2000mah which is 500-900mah more then what your useing now which is 1100mah.
    So appx 2-3hrs more with the 1600mah and maybe 4-5hrs more with the 2000mah. To many variables to say perzactly.

I am getting appx 20hrs of use on 18490s and go thru about 3-3.5mls of juice in a 3.0ohm Fluxo at about 4V so the variables being ohms, volts, and amount of juice.
    So am I a lightweight or medium vapor
    Last edited by rem700; 02-28-2012 at 04:30 PM.

ECF Veteran

mah is kinda like gallons of gas in a car saying you used 5 gallons per day means nothing, Did you drive 5 miles or 500miles.
    undertheradar likes this.

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I can tell you my actuals for a BP, if anyone else has them for a Provari. I run 6 - 7 ml of eliquid through (6.5 average), using a 2.5 ohm carto at about 4.5V, between battery swaps. This is consistent, over months of use.
    Last edited by markfm; 02-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

ECF Veteran

Markfm,

How does that translate to hours of use?? What time frame do you see??

Thanks,

Steve
    Went from Green Smoke, to Volcano Inferno, evolution V2, Indulgence, Mini Lavatube, and now Pro-Vari V2(Best E-Cig investment I've made!!) also have been rockin my second best investment, Penelope. "Buy it nice, not twice"

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Pretty much all day. On a really heavy vape day, like when I just switched to a tank, boosted consumption to 9 ml/day for a little bit, I swapped batteries for the last couple of hours at night. 6 - 7 ml/day is pretty much my day-in, day-out rate (I can vape at work). Helping a buddy working on his camp, the batteries lasted until I got back home at 2 am the next morning -- I was vaping less frequently during the day, but a lot on the drive home.

I try to give information in ml, ohms, volts, because that kind of levels the field. I know that when I went from my earlier vaping, on KR808 and Riva fat batteries, switching to VV, I pretty much overnight doubled my daily consumption, from 3ml/day to 6

A person who vapes at about my volts and ohms can expect to run through as many ml as I do between battery changes. I know people who have stayed at about 3ml/day, and they report two days between battery changes. Me, I bumped consumption, only get one.

I like what I use a lot, but Provari is an awesome PV from everything I've heard, certainly solid for anyone wanting a well-engineered product.
    rem700 and undertheradar like this.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast