Let's see your tanks on the Holy Grail - Page 33
Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Like Tree581Likes

Thread: Let's see your tanks on the Holy Grail

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hahah you know what's funny, I didn't even think of that gap. I have had it spaced out until last night when I did my refill, and the draw was horrible so I took my tank off and put on my atty and dripshield. So after reading this, I went and put my tank back on and gapped it and its back to normal... I feel really dumb hahah

VegasVaporz
    Get your mouth off my driptip...
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz
    VegasVaporz
    E-Cig Reviews
    Get your mouth off my driptip
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper1 View Post
    what do you use to punch the hole? Because yours looks pretty big witch is great for thicker vapor
    I use a inch and a quarter saddle valve I bought from homedepot. It costs seven bucks and works perfectly. I recommend it to all tank users.

VegasVaporz
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz
    VegasVaporz
    E-Cig Reviews
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

hank you

Quote Originally Posted by V3gasVap0rz View Post
    I use a inch and a quarter saddle valve I bought from homedepot. It costs seven bucks and works perfectly. I recommend it to all tank users.

VegasVaporz
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by liveone View Post
    The wife was complaining that her boge/tanks weren't drawing after refilling the tank. She finally figured out that she was pushing the tank all the way down against the Provari! Leaving a slight gap fixed all draw problems.
    Hahah you know what's funny, I didn't even think of that gap. I have had it spaced out until last night when I did my refill, and the draw was horrible so I took my tank off and put on my atty and dripshield. So after reading this, I went and put my tank back on and gapped it and its back to normal... I feel really dumb hahah

VegasVaporz
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz
    I've had the same thing happen too, sometimes when the tank gets bumped in a pocket. The "seamless" look of it is nice, but the draw definitely suffers without that airflow!

VegasVaporz
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz
    I use the same thing too, and find that there's sort of a trick to getting the largest hole punched as possible. You just have to really torque down the screws responsible for holding the carto in place, and then screw the tap/punch as far in as it'll go. I've experimented with multiple holes, but have ended up deforming the cartos to where they don't want to fit into my tank. Still trying to get the hole sizes figured out, but I've been using all VG or thicker PG/VG mixes which can be challenging with tanks so I odered a cisco atty to drip with for the more problematic juices and to try out flavors.

Also, as a sidenote to Trapper1 who asked about the punched carto in the picture: When the hole in the carto is submerged in juice, it looks bigger than it actually is due to refraction, making it hard to really judge the size of the hole in a full tank. Anyway I'd recommend experimenting with different size holes or multiples. I have a tank where the deformation of the carto doesn't matter, but tend to favor my other tank where it is an issue. Point is, depending on your setup (juice and tank), it takes some experimentation to find out what works for you.
    Last edited by knivesout; 05-01-2012 at 09:13 AM.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by knivesout View Post
    You just have to really torque down the screws responsible for holding the carto in place, and then screw the tap/punch as far in as it'll go.
    Won't that pierce the filler and center tube? I always back it out the moment I hear the pop. Maybe that's my problem with getting too much of an airy feeling from my tank.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

has anyone found any bouge xxL 3.0 ohm cartos for sale anywhere?

ECF Veteran

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by njgeek View Post
    Won't that pierce the filler and center tube? I always back it out the moment I hear the pop. Maybe that's my problem with getting too much of an airy feeling from my tank.
    As soon as I hear the pop, I keep turning lol until I can't turn anymore. You just want to make sure your hole is higher than where the atty inside the carto is. If you puncture that vaporizer, youre screwed. Haha

VegasVaporz
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz
    VegasVaporz
    E-Cig Reviews
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by njgeek View Post
    I've done the same thing VegasVapors mentioned and never had an issue with puncturing anything. But I also could be lucky, who knows? I'd say that if you're backing it out right after hearing the pop, the hole would be a little small, but if you're using a thinner liquid it might be fine. If your carto is staying saturated then keep doing what you're doing!

ECF Veteran

I'm actually having problems right now that I can't understand where my pulls from my Phiniac Tallboy with a Boge XXL carto (3ohm) and Halo juice are super airy with no crackle. I'm wondering if it's because I'm making the hole too small.