Provape-1
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oplholik
  • 1 Post By Baditude

Thread: Provape-1

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Provape-1

Everyone brags on their Provari's, and rightfully so, but what about the Provape-1? I haven't seen discussions on these. They have a life time warranty, so have I just not been looking in the right forum?
    "A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I bought one about a year ago, and really like it. It is a great 3.7v device. I have several vv pv's but still like my 3.7v pv's. I would highly recommend the Provape.
    flintlock62 likes this.
    Quit Date: 03/2011
    Look, read, and listen. Vape safe!

Blog Entries

There is also the Provape forum down in the supplier's section. I go there a couple times a week, but it is less busy than this one. No mention of the Provape-1 there that I can recall. In fact, I think I am the only one in months to start a thread on one there. When I first saw the Kicklet for sale on Super T Manufacturing's site I inquired there if anyone had a clue whether it would work on the Provape-1 to allow it to have variable wattage. It's been weeks since I made the post and no answers yet, not even from Provape reps.

I've since made the assumption that the 14500 battery is not strong enough to handle a Kick.

I've since made the assumption that the 14500 battery is not strong enough to handle a Kick.[/QUOTE]

HEY! What are you trying to say about the L-Rider Robust?

I was torn between the Pro-1 and the Apex Alpha Ultra when looking for the perfect 14500 device. The Ultra won because of construction and looks. (I tolerate the switch). But I still visit the Pro-1 every time I stop by the house. Really fine tool.

I

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Izan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baditude
    I've since made the assumption that the 14500 battery is not strong enough to handle a Kick.
    HEY! What are you trying to say about the L-Rider Robust?

I was torn between the Pro-1 and the Apex Alpha Ultra when looking for the perfect 14500 device. The Ultra won because of construction and looks. (I tolerate the switch). But I still visit the Pro-1 every time I stop by the house. Really fine tool.
    I was talking about the Kicklet, which was designed to be used with the Kick from Evolv. I'm aware of the Robust and that it uses a 14500 battery like the Provape-1, but it has a processor specifically designed for that battery. I have since learned that the Kick is only for certain size batteries.

I almost clicked the button to buy an L-Rider Robust, until I read user comments here on the forums and saw PBusardo's video review. Instead, I got a V V Gripper for the same price and it uses an 18650 battery that will last all day instead of 4-5 hours like the Robust's.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    The Provape-1 circuit protection may or may not interfere with the Kick to work properly but even if you find a 14500 device to work with a Kick, you will get very poor battery life. I am getting just 2-3 hours out of a Kicked 18490 1100maH comparing it with 8 hours I get on the 18490 Provari. The Kick just starts it's "stutter vape" warning when battery voltage hits 3.4-3.5 and the 14500 AW is only 750maH so battery life will be getting probably just a little over 2 hours which is crap.

ECF Veteran

Well, if I did get the Provape-1, I hadn't planned on spending on extra stuff!!! It looks like not too many people own one. I just thought it may be good for going out and about. I msy check into the vv Gripper instead.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    Well, if I did get the Provape-1, I hadn't planned on spending on extra stuff!!! It looks like not too many people own one. I just thought it may be good for going out and about. I msy check into the vv Gripper instead.
    I have yet to get my Gripper, having just ordered it this past weekend. Be aware that its body is just "impact resistant" plastic, and has a cheesy hinged battery door. But the inner electrical components appear to be decent. Watch PBusardo's video review before you buy. Not a bad deal for $50.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    The Provape-1 would be a nice going out and about mod. I have an Altsmoke BB which also uses a 14500 battery. It's a solid mechanical mod, too, but doesn't have the electrical safety protection nor lifetime warranty like the Provape-1 has.

My primary vaping device is the extended Provari using an 18650. I love it to death, but for quick trips to the grocery or convenience store I wanted something smaller, and had been grabbing the BB for this use lately instead of the Provari. All the while, I would keep thinking to myself it would be great if someone made a V V mod of this size. I didn't like the eGo VV 14500 mod because the eGos are just so darn long. And like I said, I almost pulled the plug on the Robust until I read some negative reviews about it.

I had always liked the form factor of the Gripper, and read a thread here dedicated to the VV Gripper and watched the PBusardo video, and decided the price was right. I may still reward myself on my 1 year vape anniversary with a Provari mini, but I couldn't justify another $200 on a second Provari + batteries at the present time.

ECF Veteran

I've got a V1 provape-1 ,,it gets used every day !Considered getting another one even,,good size in the hand reliable !
    THE MORTAR........ Solid Brass construction with copper post contacts.just pure raw power !!!!