What are the most common complaints about the ProVari? - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: What are the most common complaints about the ProVari?

tc1
    Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The biggest con these days for the Provari ... honestly ... It's somewhat outdated. Newer devices out there provide things like variable wattage, easier menu systems, and different battery configurations at no extra cost.

Still a great device and well worth the "cost of admission". It's simply isn't the be all ... end all it use to be. It does hold its value more than just about any other device out on the market though ... that's for sure.
    Uma likes this.
    Proper Battery Safety! Read HERE | My DIY Recipes! Read HERE

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by inanitydefined View Post
    A PBusardo Review - LAVATUBE Version 2 - YouTube
    Volcano Lavatube Version 2 Review

in my opinion the zmax with RMS setting provides as consistent and reliable a vape as the provari. i dont like that it makes an almost rattlesnake like noise when it fires (this is the smok zmax. others may not. its due to the low frequency of the pwm) but if thats the price for nearly twice the battery life i will gladly pay it
    edit: dont jiust take my word for it. this has been covered heavily around here especially by the vamo group and these devices really do set and keep theor voltage accurately. a quick search will find the all the data on it
    It almost sounds from what you're saying is that besides the build quality, compared to the zmax the ProVari may only be a status symbol. Im just left wondering what I could have done with the $150 difference...not that I'm unhappy with my ProVari but WOW.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    The biggest con these days for the Provari ... honestly ... It's somewhat outdated. Newer devices out there provide things like variable wattage, easier menu systems, and different battery configurations at no extra cost.

Still a great device and well worth the "cost of admission". It's simply isn't the be all ... end all it use to be. It does hold its value more than just about any other device out on the market though ... that's for sure.

this is it in a nutshell. dont get me wrong the provari is a very well put together device and is made to a higher level of fit and finish. but it no longer can be said that it provides the best vaping experience
    GreekLion likes this.
    Spent vaping: ~$1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita6
    Morally upstanding Beings DO NOT debate, and discuss morality, THEY LIVE IT.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

this is it in a nutshell. dont get me wrong the provari is a very well put together device and is made to a higher level of fit and finish. but it no longer can be said that it provides the best vaping experience
    It does for me and thats all that really matters. People who complain about the Provari not having all the bells and whistles and being "behind the times" evidently dont understand what milspec is. Its built to last, not only that but its designed and engineered to last from start to finish with every single component.

More buttons, more bells and whistles equals more chances for failure and half of the "advancements" on the market right now arent needed anyway.
    Last edited by zapped; 12-30-2012 at 03:14 AM.

ECF Veteran

I commend you for your bravery posting this in a ProVari forum

I am curious about your current loadout (apv, juice, feed, carto, tank, etc....). A lot of people have considered the ProVari the key factor in their own best vaping experience and it would be interesting to see what you use to make your best experience.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dana A View Post
    My complaint is that I only have 2 and I need more to match all my drip tips... Oh and They still don't sell a hot pink sparkly one
    Funny you mention this. I just finished ordering my third. Now have a Silver, Black, and Blue Mini. Thats it for me!! I order one more and you will see me on divorce court!
    Thrasher likes this.
    VAPE PROUD!

tc1
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post
    It does for me and thats all that really matters. People who complain about the Provari not having all the bells and whistles and being "behind the times" evidently dont understand what milspec is. Its built to last, not only that but its designed and engineered to last from start to finish with every component.
    It's not a complaint, it's just fact.

Some people want variable wattage.
    Some people want quick and easy menus.
    Some people want an all in one device with no extra costs involved.
    etc etc

That doesn't take away from what the Provari IS ... rather states what the Provari can not provide.

If someone is looking for something the Provari can't provide ... you don't just completely dismiss their wants and recommend a Provari "because it works and lasts". Everyone is different and thus, has different needs and wants.

I never recommend a device simply because I use and love it. What I might like, someone else might hate. So it really comes down to what a person is looking for in a device. Every device has its shortcomings ... no need to dismiss them. There is NO perfect device for everyone on this planet. There is no right or wrong opinion ... it's highly subjective.
    Last edited by tc1; 12-30-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    Uma and Chiku like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    use I use and love it. What I might like, someone else might hate. So it really comes down to what a person is looking for in a device.
    Very true. The ProVari has so far delivered everything I need although at a questionable price, but I don't really regret it.

I wouldn't recommend a Corolla to a family of ten, just like I wouldn't follow a suggestion from Arnold to buy a tank to get to work.
    JazzyTech likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If Provape catered to every single vaper out there and gave them what most think they want we'd have another version of the Evic on our hands.

Thats also a fact and from where Im sitting that isnt turning so well. I just saw a facebook pic of one with the head completely snapped off.

They key to success in life is to focus on a bare handful of things and do them EXTREMELY well. I think the Provari does that better than almost any pv out there.

Not trying to start an argument here just trying to point out what I think should be obvious.
    Last edited by zapped; 12-30-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    thecatanddog likes this.

tc1
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

That exactly the point. NO company can cater to every person needs. So the cons of the Provari can only be the things it either does not do or does not do well. The Provari does everything it does well, so that only leaves what it doesn't do.

So if your one of the people who wants something the Provari can't provide ... best look elsewhere. Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with a Provari. It does everything it states it does exceptionally well.
    zapped, Uma, Ray D and 1 others like this.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast