99% isopropyl alcohol
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: 99% isopropyl alcohol

Full Member Verified Member

Default 99% isopropyl alcohol

So I've used the standard drug store alcohol for a couple of weeks (all I had) since I got my Provari (used).

Not or really that pleased with the battery life.

How ow critical is the 99% isopropyl alcohol for cleaning? Hope I haven't screwed up.

Wow! Don't hire me as an editor after 10:00 pm.
    zoiDman, Bimini Twist and Jay-dub like this.

Blog Entries

From what I have read from others who have used both, the 99% is more effective. I use 70% only because that's what is in my house and I've not been able to find 99% anywhere easily. I've only done the alcohol bath once for my 1 year old standard Provari with blue LED, and sort of regret doing it. The LED screen (not the window, but the actual LED) has a slight haze appearance to it now. I'm assuming this occured because the alcohol I used was not 99% and when it evaporated away it left the haze. It's not bad, but now the LED is not as sharp as my newer green LED Provari Mini that has never had the bath.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Less than 99% shouldn't screw anything up, but won't be close to 99% in effectiveness. If you have any friends that work in the medical field, ask them to score you some.

I get it at work. We use it on SS tubing before making welds on pharmaceutical jobs.

Bad, you soaked the whole mod? Is that common? I thought it was just for cleaning the top cap and batt terminals.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    From what I have read from others who have used both, the 99% is more effective. I use 70% only because that's what is in my house and I've not been able to find 99% anywhere easily. I've only done the alcohol bath once for my 1 year old standard Provari, and sort of regret doing it. The LED screen (not the window, but the actual LED) has a slight haze appearance to it. I'm assuming this occured because the alcohol I used was not 99%.
    Here ya go Bad, it's the only place I've been able to find it: Amazon.com: Swan Isopropyl Alcohol, 99%, Pint, 16 OZ: Health & Personal Care
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

Thanks so much for the feedback. So do you think 5-6 hrs vaping like a steam engine is reasonable for an 18490 (AW IMR)?
    EddardinWinter likes this.

7. 10-05-2013, 02:37 AM

Moved On

Reason
    deleted as per Supplier Admin

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vap4que View Post
    Thanks so much for the feedback. So do you think 5-6 hrs vaping like a steam engine is reasonable for an 18490 (AW IMR)?
    I never used 18490 but I get about 3-4 hours when vaping heavy with 18350. Normal vaping I can squeeze out 5-6 hours.
    roonies likes this.

May your wicks always be wet and clouds huge !!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Preloader View Post
    Bad, you soaked the whole mod? Is that common? I thought it was just for cleaning the top cap and batt terminals.
    Provari alcohol bath

One time I was clumsy while filling a tank on my Provari and spilled a good amount of juice that covered the body of the Provari. It looked like some had gotten into the firing button hole and some soaked into the LED display window. There was no way to clean this easily, and I didn't want to remove the LED window not knowing what that might do.

I had seen the above link from a post of a similar incident which caused some issues with their circuit board. I did the suggested alcohol bath. It got rid of all the spilled juice, but left a haze or film on the LED.

The instructions do say 99% alcohol, so my bad.

"If you cannot find 99% isopropyl, you can use 91%.
    91% has more water, so it will just take a little longer to dry.

If you use some canned air or an air compressor you can blow out the excess isopropyl and it will speed up the drying time."

Cleaning my provari with alcohol?

10. 10-05-2013, 02:50 AM

Moved On

Reason
    deleted as per Supplier Admin

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vap4que View Post
    Sounds about right.

These are my estimates, it depends on your vaping style, voltage, delivery device though:

14500 @ 600 about 4 hours
    18350 @800mah= aprox 6-7 hours vape time
    18490 @ 1100 about 6-7 hours
    18650 @ 1600 about 12+ hours

I usually get a little less than these values.
    roonies likes this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Russell-205 View Post
    It can be done for spills and extreme issues. But it's not good for the silicone on the board and can open up the board for more corrosion latter down the road. Possibly
    Russell-205, just curious, do you work for Provape?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast